Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jay Gruden/Scot McCloughan Redskins displaying accountability

CBass1724

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000537137/article/jay-grudenscot-mccloughan-redskins-displaying-accountability

They knew it was harsh. The timing wasn't great for anyone involved, but the Washington Redskins' decision makers didn't want this issue to linger any longer. And so they made a choice that would reverberate throughout the building recently as much as their Week 2 win.

"The locker room is looking at this saying, 'There's no bull---- anymore,' " one team source said Wednesday. "The players who earn the jobs are going to be the ones playing in the games."

This is a good read.  Click the link for the article.

Ah beat me to it, even had the "challenge accepted" in mine. Glad I checked one more time before hitting post so I didn't piss on my leg and double topic. It is a good article but part of me can't help but feel like Charlie Brown lining up for the kick staring at Lucy who has a smug smile on her face. Tonight would be a really good start to washing away the bull**** with a competitive effort in a primetime game win or lose.

This part made me laugh lol...

"Here's why players cared: Some believe Adam Hayward, the team's captain on special teams who tore his ACL in the preseason, never would have suffered his injury if Forbath had a leg strong enough to force a touchback and limit an unnecessary return."

Kickoff returns are now unnecessary...and our special teams unit definitely didn't need the practice.

Not to mention one very important fact: Forbath didn't kick off on the return where Hayward was injured. That was Long. Forbath's 2 kickoffs were in the 2nd half: one was returned, the other was for a touchback. (forgot the kickoff that started the 2nd half earlier)

Not to mention one very important fact: Forbath didn't kick off on the return where Hayward was injured. That was Long. Forbath's 2 kickoffs was returned in the 2nd half, the other was for a touchback. (forgot the kickoff that started the 2nd half earlier)

Details, details.

Get with the narrative please.

This article is exactly what I've been talking about in a lot of threads.  Just a few examples:

"That's where the recent success of the team, even during the Week 1 loss to Miami, weighs heavily. A combination of accountability and positive results (win or lose) can be the ultimate fast track to long-term success."

"Yes, McCloughan is a scout by craft, earning a strong reputation as a talent evaluator, but a scout's most undervalued asset might be the recognition of roster synergy on a more macro level."

"But the Redskins, for a pleasant change, might be a group of overachievers capable of figuring out ways to win while developing an understanding of the culture that it takes to succeed. Positive results these days should not be confused with outright wins."

"It isn't always easy to spot the small signs of hope, but if you look close enough, you'll understand why some believe the changes are occurring; why many are beginning to buy into the cultural brand that McCloughan and Co. are currently hawking."

"Then again, it also might seem like a small decision to cut a kicker. In many places, such a roster transaction might barely be a headline. In the Redskins' training facility, it was a loud and strong news bulletin for everyone with a job: Make everyone better around you or prepare for your inevitable departure. Yes, accountability might indeed be alive again in D.C."

Do that often, do ya? :P

It's stuck in my head from when the Eagles player said it on Sunday evening. Sorry, I have had Chip Kelly and the Eagles on my mind a lot this week as its raised my spirits with A TON of great laughs, article reads and eagle fan meltdowns :). Our resident 007 secret agent Westbrook was a prophet, some of us do have Chip Kelly and his foolishness occupying space in our head, he was just off on the timing.

It's stuck in my head from when the Eagles player said it on Sunday evening. Sorry, I have had Chip Kelly and the Eagles on my mind a lot this week as its raised my spirits with A TON of great laughs, article reads and eagle fan meltdowns :). Our resident 007 secret agent Westbrook was a prophet, some of us do have Chip Kelly and his foolishness occupying space in our head, he was just off on the timing.

Ah. Thought you were just gettin old & maybe needed advice from Someone old, like Jumbo. Guess it just Depends. ;)

Archived