Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Labor Day - Foodie thread

Zguy28

Its Labor day. For all the foodies out there, what are you making?

I'm smoking an 8lb pork shoulder on my Weber charcoal grill with a combo of hickory and apple wood. Also smoking some chicken drumsticks.

Standard rub and spray mopped in apple cider/canola every hour or so. Using for pulled pork sandwiches, Carolina style (vinegar and red pepper).

Home made coleslaw as well.

Context my man.

Sure. I think my wife would be offended if you said her mashed potatoes were dank though.

Whenever the word dank was used for us...it was indeed about that stanky dank. I don't indulge these days but I still think of it the same way.

Feel free to call me an old man at any point. I'm ok with it.

Some type of vegetables should be involved.

Dank is not an endearing way to describe food either.

Isn't cabbage a vegetable? lol

I'm taking it over to a friends house when its done and shredded. They probably will have some veggies.

went out for ribs,brisket and sausage, along with fried okra,squash and tater salad.....and beer(lot's of beer.

first time I didn't BBQ for Labor day weekend that I can recall

might grill some steaks for supper if I recover.

went out for ribs,brisket and sausage, along with fried okra,squash and tater salad.....and beer(lot's of beer.

first time I didn't BBQ for Labor day weekend that I can recall

might grill some steaks for supper if I recover.

I bow down before you O master of meat.

All this marijuana talk is making me hungry.

What are you having today?

Dude, you know when you smoke, and like, you get really hungry, and then

Wait, what were we talking about?

Edit: More on topic, not much special planned for today.  Last night we partied it up with some friends from my wife's high school days.  Great people with a phenomenal house for a party.  Chips with homemade guacamole and chili by the pool to start, then beautifully grilled strip, ribeye and filet with salad and baked potato for dinner.  Margaritas and beer on the porch at sunset with peach cobbler, brownies and ice cream.

I had leftovers today, ribs, pulled chicken, cornbread, pintos.  I think I might go out tonight though.  Not sure where, but Kosh talking bout wings making me hungry as a mofo.

We just went to Hickory Tavern. I wasn't even in the mood for wings. I ordered tenders without sauce, They were dry and cold. I don't typically send food back, but I would not eat them. First bad experience I've had there. Took forever, and on top of it the food sucked, I had to send them back and order something different. Thus the wings. I miss Quaker Steak.

We just went to Hickory Tavern. I wasn't even in the mood for wings. I ordered tenders without sauce, They were dry and cold. I don't typically send food back, but I would not eat them. First bad experience I've had there. Took forever, and on top of it the food sucked, I had to send them back and order something different. Thus the wings. I miss Quaker Steak.

I miss QS too bruh.  I like Hickory Tavern, been hit or miss though when I've been lately.  Last time, they didn't cook Tazette's burger to order, pink/red in the middle.  

I usually get the wings, hot, charred and dip those in Caribbean jerk sauce.  I'm not a fan of Wild Wing Cafe either, just seems off at times.

I had leftovers today, ribs, pulled chicken, cornbread, pintos.  I think I might go out tonight though.  Not sure where, but Kosh talking bout wings making me hungry as a mofo.

cornbread and pintos, now I got a craving.

Archived