Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

Yeah man, that acid trip part was the best IMO. Almost made me have some flashbacks lol. 

Here is my old pet birds favorite song (in the 80's when i was a kid). He would stop whatever he was doing in the room and go over and stand near the speaker and turn his head back and forth and sometimes do a little dance when this was on. It was the organ. He was alone in a room for years and it's probably the closest thing he heard to another bird. I didn't realize it then but he was my inmate lol. Then he died. 

. He

I never actually liked this 80's band but i found this newer album of theirs on my streamer SSD, no idea how it got there and why i clicked on it but some of these new versions of their old songs are really good, at least I think so. 

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

From the playlist

Groovy

Siouxsie and the Banshees get all 80s with it

When people sneer and say the 80s sucked, well. not so fast. This has the hallmarks of what people hated, synths, electronic effects, and it works. This band evolved quite a bit over the years from this starting point. 

may as well stay in the 80s. Graham Parker DEFINITELY had his moments, and this is my favorite. This is a version that I think he performed for European TV.. it's outstanding. I can't tell if it's performed live, this isn't on any album version.  ****ing ROCKS.

OK, so this is an absolutely horrible video of this one "hit" wonder band "playing" this song on American bandstand.
So many ridiculous clichés in this band..  The bass player has THE quintessential bass player dance for 1984, my GOD it's funny. The stupid little tam hat plasterec omn the singer's head.. 

but a cool song, I always liked it. Do you?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family

Right down the line, it's been you and me

And lovin' a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be

Oh, girl, you stand by me

I'm forever yours

Faithfully

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2