Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

From the playlist this week

Brant Bjork

Peep Tempel

Radio Moscow

Devin Townsend

bdrmm.  (What do you call this genre? Dream Pop? Shoegaze? I dunno. I don't really care about labels, but this sort of stuff is great for me when I'm working and need to get creative.

and now for something not necessarily completely different, but unexpected. This is Dion of the 50s doo-wop group Dion and the Belmonts ("Runaround Sue"). This guy had a remarkable career after that, and went down a lot of roads you'd never expect from the 'teen idol". This song is about his battle with heroin.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

😁😁😁😁😁

Some new disclosures after all these years.

I've mentioned before I was an ardent but mediocre drummer as a yute.

But I've never owned up to my singing in a band in Anchorage for a few years in the early 70's and doing random karaoke competitions in later years.

The two  below were some of the most requested songs we'd do. Though I did not dress like that, I had the hair.

Most of the rest of our repertoire  was Gary Puckett and the Union Gap and the Grass Roots hits with a mix of one hit wonders of the time. 🥱

I apologize to the musically sensitive among us.

• Like 2

A hauntingly beautiful song by Karl Sanders of Nile fame. Egyptian and middle eastern influences fused with percussion, acoustic guitar, rock, and an amazing metally solo. I've always likened this to a hot, lazy summer day just before an afternoon thunderstorm rolls in.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2