Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 17 Thread - Connected Franchises Online League Info

Dont Taze Me Bro

Well, I accidentally just simulated the rest of the draft (last 20 rounds) lol.  That should be all back-ups at that point though, mine included.  Rookie commish mistake.  There were only 3 of us remaining that were doing it live and to be honest, I don't know them, so I don't feel that bad since we all suffered the same fate.  

Well fellas, lets get at it.

Overall, I'm ok with my team outside of QB.  Ended up with Phillip Rivers.  This is probably one of the more balanced teams I've had, there is just not enough grade A talent to draft a super team, imo.  Not with 32 teams, with exception of RG, LG, tons of 90+ guards, which is probably where I made my biggest mistake and picked too early.

So, there is no option to skip preseason.  Unless I put everyone into auto and advance to week 1.  I'll put that up for a league wide vote.  If you guys want preseason, please indicate which one you want (see below); the 2 week one with advancements based on our regular season schedule or an accelerated one to get us to week 1 faster.

Skip Preseason, and let me advance everyone to week 1?  

-or-

Just play out preseason and advance per one of the below schedules.  If we play out preseason, it will look like this to get into the regular season (2 weeks or 1 week):

Preseason - Regular Advancement

Week 1 - 9/12 through 9/14 (advance 9/15)

Week 2 - 9/15 through 9/18 (advance 9/19)

Week 3 - 9/19 through 9/21 (advance 9/22)

Week 4 - 9/22 through 9/25 (advance to regular season 9/26)

Preseason - Accelerated Advancement

Week 1 - 9/12 to 9/13

Week 2 - 9/14 to 9/15

Week 3 - 9/16 to 9/17

Week 4 - 9/18 (advance to regular season on 9/19 and follow the Thursday/Monday advancements rest of the regular season/playoffs).

My vote is no preseason.

I'll add if we skip the preseason, turn off the ability to steal practice squad players because in my offline franchise I skipped preseason and it moved Cravens to the psvrice squad where he was already stolen by the time he simulation had ended and I had lost him forever. I simmed this 4-5 different times even after moving him to 1 on depth chart and it still happened every time 

So to avoid potentially losing a quality player and rookie, we should turn that off  

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'll add if we skip the preseason, turn off the ability to steal practice squad players because in my offline franchise I skipped preseason and it moved Cravens to the psvrice squad where he was already stolen by the time he simulation had ended and I had lost him forever. I simmed this 4-5 different times even after moving him to 1 on depth chart and it still happened every time 

So to avoid potentially losing a quality player and rookie, we should turn that off  

Double check me, but I think I had turned that off the other day.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Damn Taze. Peterson, a 92 OVR fullback and an entire 90+ OL? That's going to be a joy trying to stop lol

speaking of OL, i got that fat faced OL looking Stafford at QB. He immediately went onto the trade block. Dak is waiting in the wings. It's   time. 

Rest of the team is toejam. Gonna be a long season. 

Yeah, my o-line is good, my defense is just average, huge mix of A-C players lol.

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Whatever you guys want to do. Also, in our Ps4 league we had an email thread so we could all keep up and easily schedule user games. 

Csn we put something in place here as well? Since many of the guys aren't on ES. Do you want to do emails or a group text or what? 

Email.  It's easiest for me.  Or we just manage through the XBox messaging.  We can always force people into auto if they don't respond to those trying to schedule games.

Question, can we create a group chat through the Xbox?  I know you can in PS4, so I'd assume you could in XB1.

As head commish, gonna pull that card.  Let's go with email to each other via league stuff and setting up games.  If you aren't comfortable giving out your main email addy, create a free one or an alt through your ISP.  

I prefer that to text messaging stuff or through apps I don't have.  Hotmail accounts, yahoo accounts, etc. are free of charge if you don't have an ISP, which if you don't, how in the hell are you playing online games.  And through your ISP, you should be able to create a ton of accounts under your monthly fee.  

If you don't want to post your email address here, that is fine, I'm not posting mine.  Just PM it to me.  It will only be known to those in the league.  For those that do not post on here, please let me know their emails as well.  Any player that I don't get an email address from, well, lets just say I wont kick them out, but they might get forced to advance, etc. against their will.

I mean my dude downloading an app and making an account Is as easy as making a free and fake email address. Lol or if u download the smartglass app for Xbox on your phone you can message people gamer tags through your phone and a whole bunch of other stuff. I only say this as it would make it MUCH easier for those who don't check emails often. 

Are we schedulin the advances as Monday and Thursay or Friday? Just let each person know it's their personal responsibility to schedule the games within the time limit. Advance when it's time to advance lol. 

11 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I mean my dude downloading an app and making an account Is as easy as making a free and fake email address. Lol or if u download the smartglass app for Xbox on your phone you can message people gamer tags through your phone and a whole bunch of other stuff. I only say this as it would make it MUCH easier for those who don't check emails often. 

Are we schedulin the advances as Monday and Thursay or Friday? Just let each person know it's their personal responsibility to schedule the games within the time limit. Advance when it's time to advance lol. 

Email, I'm old school.   It's not making a "fake" address, if they don't want to give their main email, make an alt one, no personal info will be on there.  I don't check texts/msgs on my phone often, just sayin.

We will advance on Monday and Thursday mornings once the regular season starts.  For preseason, since some want it, we can have it, but I vote for "lets get it done as ****ing fast as we can".  

Edit:  Also, all those messaging apps require you to sign up using an email address anyhow, some asking for your cell phone #, name, etc.  And people can check their email on their phone the same as texts or messaging app.  Just tossing that out there.  

Archived