Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 17 Thread - Connected Franchises Online League Info

Dont Taze Me Bro

We can track who is up for starting a connected franchise league on both consoles.  I'm on both systems, please include your gamer tags so we can get a list going.  Please see my post in here regarding the PS4 league I'm already in: http://es.redskins.com/topic/392049-official-madden-17-thread-connected-franchises-online-league-info/?do=findComment&comment=10669188

I'm not the commissioner of the PS4 league, but it is established, this will be my 3rd year in it.  As for the XBox One league, it will be starting from scratch, so if you have friends/family that want to play on XB1, please provide their gamer tags.  We can establish who the commissioner will be, rules, etc. once we get enough people.

PS4 League

Dont Taze Me Bro - DontTazeMeBroski

SpacePenguin - gamer tag unknown

XBox One League

Dont Taze Me Bro - DontTazeMeBro75

757SeanTaylor21 - Godoe757tril

757SeanTaylor21's Friend -  inf4mous757

757SeanTaylor21's Friend -  meanmookie2020

The Mayor of Fed Ex Field - DTCMAYOR

Momma There Goes That Man -  Colbyman21

MLSKINS - possibly/hopefully

skinfan2k - interested

21 -  lamb0rghinidc

skins1206 -  Toph917

EDIT:  For the XBox One peeps I have on my friends list, I've sent you a league invite.  Just named the league "Extreme Skins League".  For Taylors friend infamous, 21 and skins1206, I'm adding you as friends and sending out the invite.

Should I?

I don't know if I'll have the time. I'd love to join your league Taze. I just don't know though.

We'd love to have you join Springy.  We are planning on drafting Sunday at 1pm, it's a 53 round draft lol.  

But you can do what our man Goonie did last year, if you decide to get it, just pick the best CPU team and take it over, then start making trades, etc. (assuming you don't pull the trigger before Sunday).  He ended up with a pretty damn good team doing that.

Kinda buggy right now, it keeps telling me that I am getting errors downloading rosters.  I went to online ranked and it let me play a game.  Custom playbooks were there to be selected, I did, when the game started they were not there and defaulted to the team specific.  I think I need to update that in my settings though, now that I think about it.

Very laggy, expected though since it's just launched.  I absolutely hate not being able to see my opponent until you are matched up and in the game.  Granted 99.5% of the time I play with the Redskins, might pick another team if my opponent has picked them already or to play with some rookies/players on other teams for the hell of it.

One thing I hate, is playing the same team that I'm playing (e.g. Redskins vs Redskins), I think it's ****ing stupid.  So I would normally quit before entering the game session if the other player didn't budge, in the event I didn't play as another team.  Now, not sure behind the scenes if this has been addressed, but there is no way to know your opponent and I assume both players picking the same team could happen.

Also, in the settings for online ranked head to head play, there is no more option to search for games based on the DNF% or connection status.  This will blow big-time in the future as the punk ass little kiddies try to lag glitch you or for people with a bad ISP who lag to death.  

Game play is pretty great imo.  I only got to play one series, on defense, but got an INT and my **** ass opponent quit the game giving me the win lol.

Game 2 - Online Ranked

Connection = perfect

Opponent = Packers

Result = Lost 31-14

Well, again, even after updating my settings to use my custom playbooks on O and D, it defaulted to the Redskins playbook.  Which ****ing sucks, imo.  I like to run a lot out of the 46 formation and also a lot of looks out of the 43 and both are not in there.  On offense, it was missing a lot of the formations I like to use as well, so finding plays that I liked didn't work out too good for me until later in the game.

RGIII...........wow, his decline in the game is real.  I was able to rip off a few runs with him, still fast as ****, got 33 total yards rushing when the plays broke down.  Passing accuracy is still up and down.  Could have been because I tried to force some passes.  Ended up throwing 4 INTs, one in the endzone and the other close to his end zone.

Rushing - a lot harder this year, not sure if its the plays I ran, the team I played, our o-line, etc.  But it was a lot harder.  I held Lacy to 35 yards, I think Morris had 10 yards, RGIII 33, Young 10 yards.

Passing - pretty sweet, couple of times I yelled out bull**** on some drops that I did the aggressive catch on.  Defending the pass, I forced two INTs on GB, should have been three, imo.  On one of them, I switched to the man defending on a floater, held triangle and in my animation it showed me in possession and going down with the INT.  Then all of the sudden, it did hurry up for him and had given the catch to him with a first down.

It was very frustrating, I missed two opportunities to score TDs cause I did try to force some passes and didn't really get a feel for the playbook since it was new to me.  My first TD was in the 4th Qtr, a kick-off return 97 yards with DJax.  Second TD, I moved it down the field on him and had a 1 yard run with RGIII for the score.  Two point conversion pass to Young.

I like it this year, very much improved.  Once I find out why my custom playbooks aren't saving (like it shows they are initially) and can use them, I'm sure I'll like it a lot better than last years.  

3rd Game - Online Ranked

Opponent - Packers (must be the trend this year)

Outcome - Lost 28-21

Connection - perfect 

My playbooks finally loaded and it was night and day for me.  I rushed for 171 total yards, ripped off 90 with Morris, 61 with RGIII, 20 with Young.  Actually had more total yards than him, both of us tossed 2 INTs.  

I missed a FG early on from 45 yards........I've always hated ****ing FGs in Madden.  And I got picked off in the endzone again.  One thing I noticed, which slightly ticked me off was that I was basically shutting down A-rod.  Then on a 4th and 16, he throws a TD bomb and that aggressive catch worked, for a TD in the end zone.  And it looked like I was in position to get an INT, or at minimum knock it down.  

Either way, game is awesome imo.  

Love the game so far. Hopped online and played my first match. Interestingly enough, this year I didn't give me the option to pick uniforms, play books or even see what my opponent was doing. Maybe because I picked quick match?

I don't remember that previous years. Anyway, so I picked Redskins and immediately got into a match, had no idea who I was playing until the game loaded. The Denver Broncos. Fortunately this guy had no idea what he was doing. 28-7 victory. Would have been so much worse but I hit RAC catch twice on wide open sideline catches instead of Possession catch and ended up going out of bounds. Would have put me inside the 20 both times.

Anyway, it was fun. The running and passing are tougher, game is definitely harder overall. Takes some practice.

But gameplay is really good. Lots of fun.

Also, Griffin sucks in this game. Has some wide open receivers and he literally sailed the ball into the stands. It was embarrassing. Poor guy

First game of franchise mode: Griff goes down with broken ribs lol

Lmao, the Cousins era begins

Love the game so far. Hopped online and played my first match. Interestingly enough, this year I didn't give me the option to pick uniforms, play books or even see what my opponent was doing. Maybe because I picked quick match?

I don't remember that previous years. Anyway, so I picked Redskins and immediately got into a match, had no idea who I was playing until the game loaded. The Denver Broncos. Fortunately this guy had no idea what he was doing. 28-7 victory. Would have been so much worse but I hit RAC catch twice on wide open sideline catches instead of Possession catch and ended up going out of bounds. Would have put me inside the 20 both times.

Anyway, it was fun. The running and passing are tougher, game is definitely harder overall. Takes some practice.

But gameplay is really good. Lots of fun.

Also, Griffin sucks in this game. Has some wide open receivers and he literally sailed the ball into the stands. It was embarrassing. Poor guy

Lmao, the Cousins era begins

Yep, you have to hit X to get to the advanced settings right after you select quick match in head to head online.  That screen will bring up playbooks and if you want to kick/receive, etc.  But no uniforms this year in that mode, which I'm fine with, though it makes no sense why it was removed.  If you're using a custom playbook, make sure to go into the main gameplay settings and switch it from team specific to your custom ones.

Griffin is horrible in this edition.  It looks like they finally made the players play the way they have/should play and not how we all want them to play lol.  I've only played 2 full games with the Skins so far, but I can tell that I'm no longer allowed the near guaranteed success with Griffin I was in the past two editions.

It wasn't even fair in 25 when I could rip off 70-90 yard TD runs with him out of wildcat.  Nor was it in 15 when I could still run all over the place and make throws, or just run Almo down everyone's throats.  It appears to me, that the teams, at least the Redskins and Packers (observing my opponents) play like they should play.  

Never in my life did I miss so many wide open receivers by overthrowing or sailing it into the sidelines/crowd with Griffin the past three years.  Sure, I made some bad throws, but he was still money almost 90% of the time.  Now, I feel like when I play with him, it recreates what we see and **** about on TV during a game lol.

I'd get real streaky with him and start making plays, moving the ball, etc.  Then next thing I know, it's 3rd and 8 and he misses a wide open receiver, gets sacked or the receiver drops the pass.  It's definitely going to take some adjustments on my end to play well with the Skins this year.  

Speed always is a factor, but this year, it's finally looking like it's a "tool" that gives you a slight edge instead of AI beater and near guaranteed ownage.  Again, it could be me, but I don't think it's a case anymore like a couple of years ago, people would pick the ****ing horrible Raiders and destroy you because 3 or 4 of their WRs had 95+ speed along with McFadden.

U guys are doing the league on PS4 right?

Yep we are.  Hit up Momma or me via PM with your email address and we can pass it along to the commish and get you added if you're interested.  We use email to organize everything, set-up games with each other when playing a real person instead of CPU controlled teams, etc.

I'm gonna either buy it today for Xbox One or order it and have it delivered.  So, if anyone plans to start up an Xbox One league, let's do it and nail down the details.

True thing man, Griffin definitely copies his real life self sadly. I'd make sure my feet were planted and everything and he still was off. I think one aspect of that is that in most cases I think people are used to throwing bullet passes but now it seems that can screw you if there isn't a need to throw one. That double tap medium touch pass option seems to be more accurate for a lot of pass trajectories now.

I saw it was a point in some reviews how the AI more realistically mimics their real life counterparts both as players and as teams. I'm going to play the Eagles later today and see how they play and if I can notice a difference.

Like what you said about speed too. Even with the speed threshold turned down its not such a game breaking advantage as in previous years. It is an advantage for those with high speed as it should be.

So much about the game feels more balanced than past editions.

Lmao

The last play of my game last night I was just messing around and had Jordan reed on a corner route. Safety over top but I thought I'd give it a chance. Lobbed it up to Reed who was running on the 5 yard line...ball goes into the stands in the corner of the end zone. No chance, easily 20 yards over his head. It was hysterical.

I just went out and bought it for Xbox One too.  I was talking to the guy at Gamestop and immediately when I asked for a copy of Madden (he noticed my Skins shirt and cap) said, it's a great game this year, much improved with exception of your teams QB play, then started laughing.

Talking to him, and in full agreement, he said that his friend that works there was complaining about RGIII (he is a Skins fan as well) and how more realistic his play is and how it's almost perfectly simulated.  

I was also thinking about my last game last night.  I had moved Culliver to CB1 (for his speed), moved Amerson to CB2 (again speed) and Hall to CB3/nickel (huge drop in speed from past editions).  I had gotten the best of the GB WRs with Culliver, 2 INTs.  And I had deflected plenty of passes when it was a jump ball, etc.

Statistically speaking, I probably won my fair share of QB/WR match-ups the entire game.  And GB didn't do anything that GB couldn't do with the talent on that team.

Archived