Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: #Redskins Training Camp Report August 6 Pictures and text updated 1:30 PM

HapHaszard

IMG_3161_zpsd1p0irsq.jpg

Another beautiful morning here in Richmond, a little rain during the night cooled things down. I had a lovely one mile or so walk from the media parking to Bon Secours. No shuttle bus this year for media. I'm glad all I have to carry is my laptop.

Its going to be crowded here this morning with the Houston media as well as the Redskins beat folk, limited room, so it should be fun. As you know the Houston Oilers errr ummmm make that Texans are in town to train with the Skins. This should give us a good look at how well or poorly they are at this point in training.

Today the schedule says 20 minutes after practice RGIII will have a presser, and Gruden's presser will be later. Joint practice this morning at 8:35, and a walk thru for the Redskins only in the afternoon.

I walked out to look at the crowd, seems like more people are here than yesterday and they are still coming in. I only saw one Houston jersey so far.

2IMG_3287_zps34pemsax.jpg

OK practice is pretty much over

Play of the day:

Fake field goal, pass to Morgan Moses, Yes that Moses  it was a jump ball but Moses took it away from the Texan linebacker for a TD.  Crowd went wild.

Injuries:  D'Angelo Hall, hurt looked like left leg,helped off the field.  Update on him when I get it.

DeSean Jackson hurt shoulder condition unknown at this time.

Sherff playing guard with Moses as tackle on right side, this is the second day for this formation so not sure whats happening there. 

RGIII, did not have his best day, numerous balls batted down. He had some good throws but a lot were late and off target. 

The first team running game looked solid with several very good runs, Alfred was being Alfred.

Dashon Goldson had a pick during 11 on 11.

Trent Murphy would be credited with a sack if he was allowed to touch the QB.  Game conditions it would have been one.

Jamison Crowder has really looked good this practice

DeAngelo Hall @DeAngeloHall23 34s34 seconds ago

Had a minor setback in camp today. Wasn't anything serious. Achilles is perfect feels good. I had a slight groin strain. I'll be good #HTTR

RGIII's Presser

About DE J J Watt and Texan's defense:  He is a good player.  We had a great day.  The offense moved the ball well.  Overall it was a great day for us.  Great competition for us against different bodies, coverages that we haven't seen and just being able to play and react.

Where has he improved the most?  Knowing the offense  You can go out and you know what to do and that helps  You play free and not worrying about different things at one time.  I feel more comfortable with the offense, where I'm at and the coaches,

About the deflected and tipped balls today in practice?  I wish I could go thru and describe to you how they blocked those balls but I can't. 

How has WR Jamison Crowder doing?  He's had a really good camp.  All of our guys have.  It really sucked to see DJax go down but it gave the other guys a chance to step up and make plays.  Those guys are doing a great job, I'm excited about it.

How has he evolved in the pocket?  Whatever they ask me to do that is what I will do.  If they call drop back plays I'm a drop back QB what ever they call

Has he improved in this area?  Yeah, that's what you want to do.  You want to improve every single day.  We had  a great offseason with these guys for months and a good five weeks after that, its been a perfect setup.

Does facing Watt help him?  Yeah, I don't want to see JJ so  I hope I don't see him.  Its good for the linemen to go up against one of the best d linemen in the league.  He got me one time today real quick.

Does the offense get more out of joint practices or preseason games?  In preseason games you want to get in and get out.  Here its  a full slate of plays. 

On offense's performance in the two minute drill on Monday   Every one was where they needed to be, everyone doing their job.  We did a good job  moving the ball and keeping our composure.

Which new players have excited him most?  All of them, man.  They all stepped up to the plate.

Asked about lack of experience at left side of offensive line    Coach is going to put the best five in front.  What ever lineup that is that's what they come up with.  I trust these guys.

How did the offense perform in goal line situations?  We did a good job in goal line situations. We had two runs and a pass with the first team and 2 passes and a run with the second team. 

I was not able to attend the walk thru, I came down with a splitting headache and went back to the hotel.

Thanks for the info.  Those are great pictures.  I'm glad Gruden didn't tear his rotator cuff throwing that pass.  Looks like he put a little zip on it.

He still has a pretty good arm and can put it where it needs to be, he was throwing passes to receivers during drills

Thanks for the info.  Those are great pictures.  I'm glad Gruden didn't tear his rotator cuff throwing that pass.  Looks like he put a little zip on it.

He still has a pretty good arm and can put it where it needs to be, he was throwing passes to receivers during drills

He's arguably the best quarterback on the roster right now.

Play of the day:

Fake field goal, pass to Morgan Moses, Yes that Moses  it was a jump ball but Moses took it away from the Texan linebacker for a TD.  Crowd went wild.

--Would love to see them get creative during games and not just fooling around at practice. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics.  This was the first year I've missed.  Much harder for me to make it down to Richmond instead of Ashburn.

I was hoping to got to Fan Day today for a last shot at providing some pictures, but I didn't make the cutoff for the ticket lottery.

Archived