btfoom

Some More Cops Who Need To Be Commended

Props to her, she seems annoyed but unfazed.

Yes, I know this man is probably mentally ill, tripping balls, or both.  But I really, really want to kick that confidence and arrogance off of his face.

[Youtube]

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

There were few other sources of levity that day. The reason almost everyone at the sheriff’s office was quitting, Barnett explained, was that she had been ordered to move prisoners back into the aging county jail, which had been closed ever since high levels of carbon monoxide sent four employees to the emergency room in February. Doing so, she said, would be “inexcusable.”

The leak still hadn’t been repaired, she said, and it was just one of the things that worried her, along with the presence of potentially toxic black mold, the lack of fire alarms and the fact that a snake had once fallen on an inmate’s head when they opened a door. Earlier in March, an auditor from the American Correctional Association had toured the jail and ended up finding enough problems to fill a 69-page report. Among them: The facility lacked cameras, there were exposed wires everywhere and a broken sink that could have potentially been used as a weapon was lying haphazardly on the floor.

• Like 1

WATCH: Body Camera Video Shows Police Catching Kids From Third Floor of Des Moines Apartment Fire

DES MOINES, Iowa – Police officers helped save several children from an apartment fire on Des Moines’ north side after they were tossed from the third floor to escape the flames.

Lt. Rick Thomas with the Des Moines Fire Department says crews were called to the apartment building at 3720 MLK Jr. Parkway at 3:14 a.m. Tuesday. When they arrived, officers from the Des Moines Police Department had already caught three children that people had dropped from a third-floor window.

“Before we had arrived, there were people in one of the apartments tossing down their kids. Police department caught three of them and then when fire crews arrived, they pulled one or two more out,” said Lt. Thomas.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Like 2

Instead of ticketing single mother, police officer buys car seats for her children

A Milwaukee police officer is being praised for buying a woman he pulled over two car seats for her children, who were not in one.

Andrella "Lashae" Jackson, a single mother of five, says she got pulled over because the two little girls she was traveling with were not in car seats, according to Jackson's Facebook post.

Jackson expected a hefty fine after first being pulled over, according to CNN. The officer actually pulled her over for not having proper registration and during the stop he noticed her two young girls were not in car seats.

When Officer Kevin Zimmerman asked Jackson why she didn't have car seats, she responded that she couldn't afford them.

Instead, Officer Kevin Zimmerman issued Jackson a verbal warning before he drove to Walmart to buy Jackson two car seats with his own money.

Click on the link for the full story

• Like 5

Yo.....yall know how much ****ing car seats cost? Good on him! I don't know that I would buy my own children car seats at this price...I would make them sit back there and learn from Thanos. He does it fine lol

• Haha 1

some may find this too snowflaky, i don't

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/seattle-police-departments-safe-place-program-creator-to-retire/ar-BBXSKXS

In 2015, the rainbow Safe Place decals started to become visible in store windows. Today, more than 7,000 places in Seattle's metro area have it on display.

"The decal is brilliant because it combines the police badge symbol that people recognize with the LGBT flag that people also recognize," said Ken Shulman, Lambert House's executive director. The Lambert House displays the "Safe Place" sticker.

"It meant simply that you could have refuge there and they will call resources and protect you from further harassment," said George Bakan, owner and Chief Editor of Seattle Gay News.

The creator behind the rainbow badge is Seattle Police Department officer Jim Ritter.

"I came up with the concept for the Safe Place initiative based on phone calls I got from hate crimes victims who were petrified to report these crimes to the police,"  Ritter explained.

The initiative has spread with police departments across the U.S. and internationally.

"Doing some out-of-the-box community relations is good," he said.

In the past, he has also been seen driving around Seattle in a vintage police car.

"People feel comfortable coming up to me in the vintage police car in my vintage uniform because I don't pose as much of a threat," Ritter said.

He started his career at 18-years-old.

"I first got hired by Kittitas County Sheriff's Office as a Deputy Sheriff in May of 1980 when policing was a whole lot different than it is now,"  he explained.

He said back then, a lot of departments were not hiring openly gay officers. In 1983, he joined Seattle police.

"I was not out yet, and it took me about 11 years to come out at SPD when I felt comfortable enough that this department's culture had changed," said Ritter.

It changed so much that SPD made him the first full-time LGBTQ liaison six years ago. Now he's in process of training his replacement because, after four decades in law enforcement, he's ready to retire.

"I am retiring while I love this place when I walk out this door for the final time I am going to have 40 years of worth of fantastic memories," Ofc. Ritter said.

• Like 1