Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 8m8 minutes ago

Chris Russell retweeted Rich Campbell

Right in time for that visit to chilly Soldier Field from the #Redskins ...#BookingSantaClaraToday

Chris Russell added,

Rich Campbell @Rich_Campbell
@john_keim @ryanohalloran Last John Fox offseason availability today = ideal time to ask if he'll rest starters Dec. 13.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 1m1 minute ago

Not 1. Not 2. #Redskins might deploy 3 play callers this season http://bit.ly/1CfbGQs  #RedskinsTalk

CHyPoUaWIAAT3iP.jpg

It almost seems to me....I can't help but to think when you see players get huge ass contracts Ben 100 mill flacco 100 mill plus Newton 100 mill plus...means they only get $22 an hour during games and practice....I just hear of it way too often I love Clinton Portis it doesn't change the way I feel about Clinton Portis it happens with more and more players it seems so that's the only thing I can think.

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 6m6 minutes ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN Does not make sense to me that teams are flushing time when it's already limited.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 5m5 minutes ago

@BurgundyBlog It is strange. They complain they don’t have enough time and the blow off one of 13 days available to them.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 20m20 minutes ago

ICYMI—Need to Know: Who's up, who's down as #Redskins end offseason program http://wp.me/pAil9-3RK  #RedskinsTalk

CHxXSuxW8AAmiOZ.png

this is exactly why I absolutely hate hate hate Facebook and Twitter..I'm sitting here watching the news and some family took some photos dressed up as batman characters on some train tracks they took photos for a father's day thing oh well that's their choice who cares if it's corky or not.. well they stupidly place the pictures on facebook now there receiving death threats..why people...WHY...o dear lord please **** can Facebook

#SKINS FANS ONLY!!!! retweeted

#tbt - my first football was a Sean Taylor. #HTTR #Redskins

CHyM6GGXAAA5RSO.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Rich Tandler retweeted Nick Schaffer

No. They work on what they want to work on. Nothing to be learned from play selection.

Rich Tandler added,

Nick Schaffer @NicksTwiterPage
@Rich_TandlerCSN Is the play calling in these early mini camps reflective of the play calling during the season? Do the Skins look run heavy

Public Service announcement, we have a lot of SC memebers

Judy Lennon @Game****momma 21m21 minutes ago

#charlestonshooting suspect identified! Get this out SC!

CHySkIDUwAENWgr.jpg

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 10m10 minutes ago

Can't wait til I come to the city

Chris Baker retweeted

Another great daddy daughter day @cbaker92redskin @bscherff68 @Redskins #redskinspark

CHuqyjYWgAAXnau.jpg
CHuqykqWUAEoDt5.jpg
CHuqylQWUAAq7fk.jpg
CHuqyomXAAMCceo.jpg

#SKINS FANS ONLY!!!! @SKINSFANSONLY 2m2 minutes ago

#42 Days Until The #Redskins Start Preparing To Take Heads #OFF At Training Camp.......... #HTTR

41 days of boredom

Omg who is that girl...lucky little ooohhh I'm soooo jealous!!!...uhhh I've gotta move closer to that side of the country...I've luckly been able to watch my beloved Washington Redskins play twice..both excellent games the first game unfortunately was one of John Elway's last second comeback touchdowns over Darrell Green in the corner of the end zone in front of me..that sucked...I'm jealous but congrats to that girl to hang out with those players and the owner

Omg who is that girl...lucky little ooohhh I'm soooo jealous!!!...uhhh I've gotta move closer to that side of the country...I've luckly been able to watch my beloved Washington Redskins play twice..both excellent games the first game unfortunately was one of John Elway's last second comeback touchdowns over Darrell Green in the corner of the end zone in front of me..that sucked...I'm jealous but congrats to that girl to hang out with those players and the owner

she will be a skins fan for life now.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 6m6 minutes ago

Drills from minicamp Day 2. #Redskins #NFL #HTTR #NFCEast #SJDC @sportsjourney @ Redskins Park https://instagram.com/p/4ErFv_hfSl/ 

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 9m9 minutes ago

blue collar grind.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 11m11 minutes ago

#Repost @sportsjourney ・・・ Defensive lineman getting in some work today at mini camp. #redskinshttps://instagram.com/p/4Eqp-JhfR8/

Progressive's Flo

Being that this is Hazard county and all, I prefer Mel's Diner.

e7638ad5e6ec6ad62f1d8e4372fe07d1.jpg

Burgundy Blog ‏@BurgundyBlog  1m1 minute ago

Via @D3Keith. Of all the hype for Matt Jones, this simple quote by S&C coach grabbed me. Just seems real.

I think there's only 1-2 rookies that haven't received some sort of effusive praise during these practices. We've heard great things about Mitchel, Smith, Jones, and Crowder. The OL hasn't received as much, but everyone states that during "no contact" practices it's impossible to tell who's doing well.

There was some high praise of Spaight and Evans previously (a lot of it being on their work ethic or blocking or ST), and now we hear similar things about Jarrett.

Once TC comes around we'll have a better idea of how Scherrf, Kouandjio, and Reiter are doing.

So far, it looks like Scot did a great job during this draft, finding guys who can at least contribute in some area on the team, rather than just having a bunch of guys that look over matched, out done, or completely lost, like in past years. I don't know how this draft will turn out, but it looks like we've got some good pieces.

Burgundy Blog ‏@BurgundyBlog  7m7 minutes ago

Two good notes here by @MikeJonesWaPo that could eventually have roster implications (Powe, Mitchel).

I hope we do keep Powe. We have been without a true NT for long enough. If anything were to happen to Knighton, or even just when he's taking a breather, it would solidify that DL to have a guy that can at least stand in as a decent backup. 

I'm just tired of seeing us move DEs to NT just because we have to. I like our DL a lot better as this:

Starters: Paea, Knighton, Hatcher

Backups: Baker, Powe, Francois

That looks like 2 pretty solid layers of protection there, when you think the 2nd tier will only be coming in periodically or in emergencies.  Sure is a heck of a lot better than what we've seen previously.

John Keim @john_keim 3m3 minutes ago

Jay Gruden expects a healthy Trent Williams for Redskins' training camp http://es.pn/1RapIcI

John Keim @john_keim 4m4 minutes ago

some defensive highlights from wednesday: Redskins corner Tevin Mitchel makes play of the day http://es.pn/1Raz3Bt

John Keim @john_keim 7m7 minutes ago

from yesterday... RG III "feels great" #Redskins http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13102409/washington-redskins-quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-says-feels-great 

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 12m12 minutes ago

Bonus observation: There were a hundred or so fans watching practice. After, they all lined up and waited patiently for RGII’s autograph.

John Keim @john_keim 9m9 minutes ago

@michaelpRTD surprised they all wanted to get signatures from RG III's dad.

@john_keim Just wait until the baby can sign.

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 11m11 minutes ago

Gotta stay prayed up #PrayForCharleston https://instagram.com/p/4Es5xaLHL4/

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 14m14 minutes ago

In past years, RGIII signing time has been a mob scene. This was much more subdued. Like he was just an NFL QB, not a franchise savior.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 13m13 minutes ago

Could have been this specific group of fans. And in Richmond, folks trade punches over backup fullback autographs. So there’s that.

Andrew Walker @AWalkerRedskins 6m6 minutes ago

A must-read profile of new #Redskins defensive line coach @RobbAkey by @jakeks19: http://redsk.in/1K0raOw 

CHygBUcXAAEDoCH.jpg

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 8m8 minutes ago

ICYMI: Our "Opinions and Observations" from #Redskins two-day mini camp - ...http://espn980.com/blogs/chris.php  - Pres. by @JiffyLubeDC #NFL #Skins

Jeron Johnson @Jus_Showoff 11m11 minutes ago

Mini camp over!! Time to get back to the City of Angels!

This is the kind of stuff we never really see (how players are in meetings and such). It's good to know we've at least got a group of young guys who are really focused on football when they're supposed to be (while at work).

"Ran in to Scot McCloughan on the way down to the practice field. He mention that he was very happy with the rookie class “both on and off the field.” The GM likes the way they pay attention in meetings and generally how they conduct themselves. The coaches have been paying similar compliments to the rookies."

http://realredskins.com/2015/06/17/redskins-wednesday-minicamp-report-a-good-day-for-murphy/

...the first game unfortunately was one of John Elway's last second comeback touchdowns over Darrell Green in the corner of the end zone in front of me..that sucked....

The coming out party for a guy I'd never heard of previously, Rod Smith, who I hated throughout his playing days.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 6m6 minutes ago

Vote for these little #Redskins in the http://www.MyLittleNFLFan.com  contest until noon today! #HTTR

CHyoN5EUcAA09pO.jpg
CHyoLf6UsAA6E8n.jpg

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 11m11 minutes ago

Still enjoying this quote from #Redskins QB coach Matt Cavanaugh on developmental QBs: "Your time will come, Johnny. Just shut up."

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 10m10 minutes ago

Of course, Cavanaugh doesn't have a developmental QB on this roster. He has 3 vets who want to play. Got a post coming on that juggling act

"Ran in to Scot McCloughan on the way down to the practice field. He mention that he was very happy with the rookie class “both on and off the field.” The GM likes the way they pay attention in meetings and generally how they conduct themselves. The coaches have been .... yes I know and understand it does take a few years to build a contending team a team that contends year in and year out but reading stuff like that makes me think we are ready to win now why not why not this coming up year

http://realredskins.com/2015/06/17/redskins-wednesday-minicamp-report-a-good-day-for-murphy/

How will everyone feel if Cousins ends up as the 3rd string QB this season?

I imagine half will feel like his meltdown from last year pretty much destroyed his confidence, and that's about where he should be, a quarter will feel stupid, because he was supposed to be The Man last year, and ruined their hopes and dreams, and another quarter will probably think Gruden is a moron and should have him starting, because Redskins....

Yes to all of this (except the McCoy parts lol):

"

**Robert Griffin III wasn't as sharp today as he was on Tuesday and that was probably to be expected. 

Griffin would have been sacked or hit very hard by Trent Murphy early on a red zone play. Two plays later, Griffin found Logan Paulsen in the end zone but coaches had already yelled out "SACK" before Griffin threw the pass. 

In a 7-on-7 period, Griffin had to double-pump before firing a pass that was caught but appeared to be out-of-bounds to Ryan Grant, who was covered by David Amerson.  Gruden did not look happy at all about this particular rep and who could blame him. 

Griffin then found Andre Roberts along the back line of the end zone and yelled out what sounded like "Boo-Yeah, Baby!" 

A few plays later, Griffin quickly fired a high incomplete pass out of the end zone that Gruden praised him for. I would have too. It was the perfect example of what Gruden has been preaching. Griffin made a quick decision, didn't have anything and got rid of the football where it could not be picked off. Live another day. 

However, soon after, Griffin had a couple of passes where nobody was open in the same period and he threw a couple of late incompletes. 

Later in the practice, Griffin hit DeSean Jackson for a short but quick completion and then under heavy pressure awkwardly flung an incomplete pass to avoid disaster. 

Griffin would have had a very nicely designed touchdown catch using my personal favorite 3 x 1 alignment with Jackson, Roberts and Pierre Garcon on one side inside the five-yard line but Garcon dropped the pass. 

***The other quarterbacks were OK for the most part with Colt McCoy appearing to be first in front of Kirk Cousins Wednesday. That was opposite of how it was on Tuesday. Whatever. 

McCoy did have an interception that was picked off by rookie Tevin Mitchel, who did a fantastic job (more on this shortly) but McCoy can not get away with throws like this in the red zone. You are talking disaster. Or debacle. Or self destruction. Whatever you prefer. 

McCoy could  have been charged with another interception as well, but the play wasn't his fault.  Roberts could not come up with a relatively easy catch and Justin Rogers was in perfect position to make the interception before the ball got batted around and dropped to the ground. 

Cousins was pretty animated after one rep as the Redskins ran a read-option look with the fake/pull by Cousins who fired it slightly high but right to Jamison Crowder who stayed in-bounds and caught what would have been a pretty touchdown. Cousins screamed out "TOUCHDOWN!" in a way that you only occasionally see Cousins react. 

**Trent Murphy was terrific when I watched him on Wednesday. In a red zone period, he dipped his shoulder low and drove around rookie OT Brandon Scherff for what would have been a sack or a very hard hit on Griffin. 

In the same period, he also leapt over an attempted cut block to put big pressure on Griffin. 

Later, Murphy went right around Niles Paul who was very frustrated with his inability to control Murphy."

- Opinions & Observations - Mini Camp June 17th

How will everyone feel if Cousins ends up as the 3rd string QB this season?

I won't even notice if Griffin can play competently. NOT GREAT, or even good, I'd just settle for "competent" right now.

If he can even just be a decent game manager who makes an extra play or extends a play with his feet every once in a while I'd be perfectly happy with that. I'd just like to have SOMEONE who doesn't look completely overmatched either because they don't know how to go through progressions (Griffin last year), or they panic (Cousins last year), or they don't seem to have the qualities necessary to be a starter (McCoy last year).

Archived