Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

My gut says she did kill herself - but it should be fully investigated to rule out any foul play of course.

The frustrating part is the arrest. She was being rude - but that happens. As a cop you can't escalate a situation because someone is a dick to you. You just can't. You got to smile and take it.

He should have torn up his warning. Written her a ticket and then got in his car.

Edited by Duckus

Isn't the big issues in all this that people merely want these situations examined more closely and investigated by a 3rd party. That kind of thing should be happening first. Then we can go from there. I think a big portion of the anger is that when citizens end up dead, cops are mostly allowed to offer up their story and then be on their way.

• Like 1

My gut says she did kill herself - but it should be fully investigated to rule out any foul play of course.

My gut is recollecting a passage from Alice's Restaurant.

After the ordeal, we drove back to the police officer station.  Obie said he was gonna put us in the cell. 

"Kid.  I'm gonna put you in the cell.  Gimme your wallet and your belt." 

And I said "Obie?  I can understand you wanting my wallet, so I don;t have any money to spend in the cell.  But, what do you want my belt for?" 

Obie said "Kid, we don;t want any hangings." 

I said "Obie, did you think I was gonna kill myself, for littering?" 

The frustrating part is the arrest. She was being rude - but that happens. As a cop you can't escalate a situation because someone is a dick to you. You just can't. You got to smile and take it.

The opposite is true. Cops can be absolutely awful and make demands for no reason other than to demonstrate their power over people, but citizens can't be rude. Being rude justifies further action by police. They can issue commands without justification and they suffer no penalty, failure to obey them however lands you in jail. They can slam you into the ground, and you have to remain perfectly still, or you'll be accused of resisting. They can err on the side of caution and kill people, you have to react exactly right or you die.

The expectations of ideal behavior are entirely on the untrained party when interacting with police.

• Like 5

We stopped training people to respect authority. Just look at all the bumper stickers on the vw beetles and subaru foresters

Shouldn't authority be worthy of that respect? I think those in authority in police departments confuse respect with fear. 

are you saying that as a good thing or a bad thing?

No respect for authority is a bad thing and it has played out more and more.

Shouldn't authority be worthy of that respect? I think those in authority in police departments confuse respect with fear.

Yes to your question.

As to the 2nd part, that's a pretty broad statement.

We stopped training people to respect authority. Just look at all the bumper stickers on the vw beetles and subaru foresters

(this kind of **** all started when they put fluoride in the drinking water and polluted our precious bodily fluids and whites and coloreds started getting hitched out in the open, and then those long-haired anti-establishment foreign-god/pseudo-god-worshiping atheists,  "The BEATLES", came and holy jumping jiminy the women started burning their bras--loved it---and then.....)

• Like 2

No respect for authority is a bad thing and it has played out more and more.

You keep throwing around this word "authority". 

Does the officer have the authority to order people to stop smoking?  (In their own car)? 

Edited by Larry

You keep throwing around this word "authority".

Does the officer have the authority to order people to stop smoking?

Oh look, larry is putting words in people's mouth and splitting hairs. U know dam well what i meant. Or do you not know what authority means?

To answer your dumb question, no, and, no, i don't think the officers actions were justified here. I was speaking in general. General lack of respect for positions of authority.

(this kind of **** all started when they put fluoride in the drinking water and polluted our precious bodily fluids and whites and coloreds started getting hitched out in the open, and then those long-haired anti-establishment foreign-god/pseudo-god-worshiping atheists, "The BEATLES", came and holy jumping jiminy the women started burning their bras--loved it---and then.....)

I wish today's women would burn their bras. WTF Ladies. Edited by Major Harris

<edit>

I wish today's women would burn their bras. WTF Ladies.

:lol:  i was just going to do that first gag just based on how that comment of yours "sounded in my head", not like it related to anything you were actually saying  :D, and then it just got away from me-  :lol: 

i'm not high

Oh look, larry is putting words in people's mouth and splitting hairs. U know dam well what i meant. Or do you not know what authority means?

To answer your dumb question, no, and, no, i don't think the officers actions were justified here. I was speaking in general. General lack of respect for positions of authority.

Oh, I'm sorry. It seems that I assumed that the comments you made, twice, were actually related to the topic that people were discussing.

I guess I should have figured out, somehow, that you actually were not in any way talking about the topic people were discussing, but were instead speaking about some other topic which you still haven't mentioned.

Oh, I'm sorry. It seems that I assumed that the comments you made, twice, were actually related to the topic that people were discussing.

I guess I should have figured out, somehow, that you actually were not in any way talking about the topic people were discussing, but were instead speaking about some other topic which you still haven't mentioned.

It was a direct response to the post directly above mine. Specifically, the untrained part.

But i know i shouldn't expect you to follow along while you're so wrapped up in trying to find your next fight. #INTERNETWARRIORLIFE

Edited by Major Harris
  • Like 1

It was a direct response to the post directly above mine. Specifically, the untrained part.

But i know i shouldn't expect you to follow along while you're so wrapped up in trying to find your next fight. #INTERNETWARRIORLIFE

Funny, I don't seem to be the one who's foaming at the mouth, here. 

But then, maybe I'm assuming that you're actually talking to me, and not to somebody else. 

What's hurting this country and is causing more issues is the reporting and the media such as the below:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/21/much-too-early-to-call-jail-cell-hanging-death-of-sandra-bland-suicide-da-says/

The videos completely edit out the part of the PO stating that he is giving a warning and she'd be on her way.  We really need to focus on media rights forcing issues and leaving things out when the information is available to report.  Reporters, and media outlets, need to be held accountable for false reports.  Was the PO in the right in asking her to remove herself from her car? No, probably not.  But it's ridiculous that we allow the media so much wiggle room without any consequences for false reporting.

Why not play the whole video?  The PO was wrong either way in forcing the removal from the vehicle.  There are many instances of false reportings where it ruins people's lives and reputations and no one is held responsible. 

Of course it's not the main issue but one that needs to be addressed.  Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Speech are 2 different things and the media is starting to combine these two things into one where they can report complete BS or half of a story and not be held accountable.

Edited by steve09ru