Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Imagine being a Mayor of some town that had nothing to do with any of this and yet is partially burning at the moment.  Some cop in Minnesota murdered a guy, and people are mad about state laws you don't write, DA's you don't control, and federal laws you don't even understand... but everyone is looking at you like "fix this. now!" 

Heavy is the head that wears the crown...

A lot of these towns have their own history of loss as well.  

Edited by visionary

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Heavy is the head that wears the crown...

Global pandemic, economic collapse, and now a nationwide race riot.

How much longer until Trump doesn't want to be President anymore?  Probably when Twitter bans him.

Resign and give it to Pence then, you p****.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Larry said:

You'll convince me to abandon the "12 out of 12" standard, when I go 10 years without reading a single story about a convicted man being proven innocent.  

Maybe 20.  

I just realized I read this wrong, you meant someone who has been convicted and imprisoned...only to be proven to be innocent years later by DNA evidence or something. That is indeed tragically unjust.

For some reason I thought you meant someone who should have been proven guilty being deemed innocent.

I still think unanimous jury decisions are not logical or practical, but whatever. 

I keep seeing posts on social media of people trying to encourage and incite violence...how long until the reports come out that Russia is fanning the flames with bot accounts like before?

Also....maybe we should have a different thread for the protests? They're growing in number all over the US

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I keep seeing posts on social media of people trying to encourage and incite violence...how long until the reports come out that Russia is fanning the flames with bot accounts like before?

They don't need to, race riots are as American as apple pie.

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Also....maybe we should have a different thread for the protests? They're growing in number all over the US

Depends on what it looks like tomorrow night, imo. MN governor basically saying if they can't get it to point their resources can handle it, it's already looking like a military operation to them.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet that a large percentage of these rioters setting fires to buildings are caught up in herd mentality. They are more interested in causing chaos and destruction than actual social justice or reforming the system. Obviously I can't speak for them. It would be interesting to interview a person who just set fire to a building and ask them why they did it. There are probably some that couldn't verbalize why they did it, just that they are angry. And then I'm sure there are some that don't particularly care either way, they just feel like causing havoc. Who knows.

I was a sociology major so I'm drawn to events like these, they are fascinating and saddening at the same time. And it all started because some asshole cop wanted to kill a black man. But to think, oppression of black people occurs it systemic ways on a daily basis...maybe that is why people are rioting as well, Chauvin killing Floyd was just the spark to the kindling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

How until they get sued for allowing their platforms to be used to organize and encourage violence?  Trump has been looking for an excuse to crack down on social media companies, stuff like this makes it easy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-trump-request-pentagon-puts-military-police-on-alert-to-go-to-minneapolis?fbclid=IwAR1AGliuWZHM3YDdmE7NHzzgyOElmdTkmDbwyIr9fQbEyaKykxUVKoiC2LY

At Trump request, Pentagon puts military police on alert to go to Minneapolis

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests.

Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations.

The get-ready orders were sent verbally on Friday, after President Donald Trump asked Defense Secretary Mark Esper for military options to help quell the unrest in Minneapolis after protests descended into looting and arson in some parts of the city.

The person said the military units would be deployed under the Insurrection Act of 1807, which was last used in 1992 during the riots in Los Angeles that followed the Rodney King trial.

I'm really not buying these people, largely young people, were driven by the spirit of justice to burn and loot.   I suspect months of being locked indoors during a pandemic is playing a larger role in this than any genuine yearning for justice. 

This does not apply to actual protestors, I believe those people.  I'm speaking specifically about the arson and looting. 

• Like 5