Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My local grocery store has no salt tortilla chips. Which is great for the Superbowl food. I have some chili frozen, made with no salt pinto beans, store brand guacamole and queso. So it's nachos for me.

I'm doing nachos too! Port wine cheese ball with crackers, Sabritones chips...gonna be a long day...Caps play at noon. 😁

• Like 2

When I was on a low sodium diet :ols: , I drank that version of V-8 constantly. Got a bottle of the regular not long ago & hated it...went back. 😋

What is up with you, PB?

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It’s along story, but Saturday I have to cook TWENTY eggs benedict. 

My favorite. Make mine super runny.🤗

• Like 1

The world famous marsh western taco salad..glass dish layerd with potato salad than layered with crumbled tortilla chips than layered with homemade chilli than layered with cheese than more chips...repeat steps 1,2,3..been enjoying this each superbowl scince the early 90's lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What kind of doohickey is that?..I see the charcoal..what's that green thing?

That green thing is a hand blower fan. You turn it slowly or faster depending on how hot you want the coals to get during grilling. It is great for fanning all the coals across the whole grill. 😊

4 hours ago, zskins said:

That green thing is a hand blower fan. You turn it slowly or faster depending on how hot you want the coals to get during grilling. It is great for fanning all the coals across the whole grill. 😊

After looking at a second time that's when I realized that was a hand crank to blow air to the charcoal...that's bad ass man!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

After looking at a second time that's when I realized that was a hand crank to blow air to the charcoal...that's bad ass man!

Sure beats a hair dryer, which I have used in the past. :ols:

Here is something anyone can use on their current grill: 

https://www.amazon.com/BBQ-Dragon-Charcoal-Battery-Powered-Accessory/dp/B00FPZY92A/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=grill+with+blower+motor&qid=1580526014&s=arts-crafts&sr=1-4-catcorr

7128tCstvKL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by zskins
  • Thanks 2

Wifey is 9 months pregnant. Prior to Go Day, I invited her whole crew over for brunch. All told, i made 20 eggs benedict. I only got a picture of 12 of them. After 90 minutes of bottomless mimosas, I could not convince them to let me get a picture before they started grabbing. 

F4C0E4BD-0CB7-4FCB-ADAF-4CB70335CB57.jpeg

Respect the garnish. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Tonight's feast: burger marinated in Worcestershire & 57, mixed chopped red onion & green pepper in, topped with bleu cheese crumbles on seeded rye toast with fries. 

The slightly burnt french fries look amazing!..(not being sarcastic either)

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Thanks 1

Update..i had to move them from the crockpot to a bigger pot on the stove..lol...starting to get the fall off the bone effect going lol. Thank goodness. It's Friday night, and we can eat late.

20200221_185244.jpg

They smell..the whole house smells amaze balls lol...mmmm a little puff a roo while i wait haha

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 4