Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Let's Do Something About This" Thread **Now with Fan Card 2.0 and New Letter**

TSO

I have some experience with this myself.  I design and write political petition direct mail as part of what I do.  And like I said, I've been on the receiving end as well of letter campaigns working for a senator.

I agree with the point here.  To play off of it, I agree its not as effective if people are flailing on different points.  That just looks like general dissatisfaction and plays into Bruce's hands.  Bruce in his press conference more or less said look I know people are upset but trust us to fix it.  If we don't give a unified message to fix it, then it doesn't look like there is a direct bottom line for us and we will leave it to them to figure out the bottom line.

This is more complex than the dump Vinny writing campaign we did years ago because that was as specific and direct as it gets.  This one is more nuanced, we get Bruce isn't going anywhere so IMO we want to make it clear we want him to have a SERIOUS football mind running personnel.

Most of us I believe are mainly upset about one specific thing:  hire a top rate personnel guy to run our drafts and free agency.  And in my view if everyone of us write that we are fed up with the losing and fed up that for 15 years running now they refuse to do the #1 thing that winning clubs do and that is hire someone who kicks butt at personnel, who has a stellar reputation and let them do their job -- that message is clear.

And if we do this organized -- we hit this on multiple fronts.  Emails, letters, tweets, letters to the editor to the WP, questions to Redskins nation.

edit:  John Keim ‏@john_keim  2m2 minutes ago

from John clayton... Source: #Redskins to boost A.J. Smith's role http://es.pn/1yfOnIH  via @espnnfl

Am not in love with AJ Smith but its better than we have.  It doesn't slow me down as to putting pressure though.   And who knows what Smith's role is going to be

That sounds at least better than what we have. As long as they actually have him be IN THE BUILDING and not working for us from San Diego. I see from the link he's being asked to move to D.C., so I hope that's the case. I am still stunned by Allen suggesting that it's OK if someone on that level is not here since "we have phones." Mindless. 

That sounds at least better than what we have. As long as they actually have him be IN THE BUILDING and not working for us from San Diego. I see from the link he's being asked to move to D.C., so I hope that's the case. I am still stunned by Allen suggesting that it's OK if someone on that level is not here since "we have phones." Mindless. 

Not my top choice and he fits the good ole boy network.  Agree its better but if all this means is AJ remains a consultant but he's in the building more, not enough, IMO.    What I like about it is AJ has the rep of being no nonsese and is a real football mind versus Bruce who is basically a cap and contract guy.

Not a bad article about AJ, shows both sides of the coin with him. 

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/nov/02/chargers-redskins-aj-smith-acee/2/?#article-copy

This one is less flattering

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/11/chargers-aj-smith-more-cowbell-acee/

You wonder what he’s doing, where he’s gone.

You're about to find out. And, well, it probably won't make you like the man any more.

Arguably the most polarizing figure in San Diego sports history is still spending his time in town, on the beach just down from his home more days than not, as relaxed as he’s been in at least a decade, but still as comically barbed as ever.

“I should have never stopped making our picks from Mel Kiper’s Big Board,” A.J. Smith said to a question about why the drafts in the middle of his 10-year reign as Chargers General Manager were so dreadful.

All through lunch at a beachside restaurant Friday, Smith smiled. And he never once awarded a question a straightforward answer. It’s as if he’s been taking public speaking lessons from Mike McCoy.

Besides asking the above question about his role in the systematic destruction of the Chargers, I tried to prompt something with queries about the Mannings, “Hard Knocks” and the new Chargers regime.

Dressed like he just returned from the Bahamas, leaning back and sipping an iced tea, Smith would offer only a shrug, a “no comment” or deflect with another joke.

You get the impression Smith is happier now, though you know he’d rather be in charge of a team. And you cannot let the seeming indifference deceive.

He loves football, is addicted to being part of a quest.

Remember, he was bold enough to state a goal of winning two Super Bowls. He was all football, all the time. He has no hobbies, other than walking on a sunny beach and being an irascible son of a gun.

He could have taken his $2 million per annum (this year and next) from the Chargers, claimed to have briefly been tempted to take up the game of golf his wife loves so much and/or travel from island to island, as he claims they will one day do.

Smith did say he follows what is going on at Chargers Park.

“I wish them the very best,” he said. “The organization has a lot of quality people who want to win badly. It’s a new beginning for them. They are just underway. No one cares what I think about how they’re doing. It doesn’t matter what I think.”

It might not matter, but some people do care. Not very many days pass where I don’t get an inquiry via e-mail or Twitter about what Smith is doing these days. I suspect the answer many want to hear is “Rotting in Hell.”

He’s not. He has split his time between the paradise of Del Mar and the outskirts of Washington, D.C., and he’ll travel in the fall working as a sort of consultant for his new employer, the Washington Redskins.

“I love it,” he said. “It’s been exciting. The thrill of the chase for a championship gets all of us going into high gear.”

Smith’s role is the wide-ranging advisory capacity that many a former G.M. settles into after being fired. He helps evaluate the Redskins roster, other players around the NFL and college players. Not only is Redskins General Manager Bruce Allen one of Smith’s closest friends, Smith’s son, Kyle, is a scout for the team.

I'm waiting to see what our final draft will be, and I totally support this idea.

I think it's important, too, to define what "the trick" is.  If we're all sending letters saying, "This sucks", then we're only addressing half of the issue.  I tell a lot of my clients this.  If I ask you what your favorite color is and you say, "not mauve", then all you've done is eliminated one of an infinite number of options; you haven't actually answered the question.  You have to say exactly what it is that you want, and it has to be measurable.

What is it, exactly, that we want?  How can we list it?  How can we make it measurable?  We can't just say we don't want Haslett and then complain when Morris is elevated; we have to say what we want.  I think specificity will be important.

Also, I think that a sort of resumé of our fanhood would be helpful.  

"Sincerely,

John

Fan since '84, STH since 2006"

Or something like that.

Yeah, we get that, which is kind of why the letters are all so long. To get to specifics in this case means there are details we didn't want to leave out. 

That being said, we probably could narrow it down a lot more. It really boils down to Snyder creating a premier hiring process that places people in the proper positions with defined roles and allows them to thrive in those roles. Essentially putting the experts where they belong and allowing them to do their job. No position is more important in this regard than GM and Bruce Allen simply doesn't fit that bill. Also, that the organization reflects its financial standing among the sports franchises of the world with how it operates (9th most profitable franchise should have the top facilities, staffs, stadium experiences, etc...) 

Yeah, it's a slight upgrade I guess but, as I've stated before, it has a "saving face" vibe to it and still creates an atmosphere where too many are involved with no clear vision. 

Had they made AJ Smith GM last offseason, it would've made sense. Now it's hard to accept that it'll truly lead to a better system where titles really matter since the top guy, Allen, remains where he is.   

Most should read this in order to not waste your time on this team. We waste enough as it is. 

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/12/31/7471495/a-letter-to-the-redskins-and-their-response

A Letter To The Redskins, And Their Response.

Dan Snyder has now owned the Redskins for half of my life. Unfortunately, it's been for the half of my life that I've been old enough to truly appreciate a winning team. Needless to say, I've had nothing to appreciate.

So I decided to write a letter to the Redskins...

allenb@redskins.com is Bruce Allen's email address.

michaell@redskins.com is Larry Michael's email address

I think Tony Wylie is:  wylliet@redskins.com  

I know some here don't love Larry but I've emailed him before, seems like a cool guy in spite of the Redskins homerism, and very responsive.   I am going to cc him on the email because it doesn't hurt for others inside the building to be aware of people being unhappy, especially the guy who in essence does pr for the team, ditto Wylie.

Here is what am going to send for the moment -- adjusting to the AJ Smith announcement. 

title:  Bruce I heard you say you interact with fans, here are some thoughts

Bruce:

I'll get right to the chase. I along with a lot of Redskins fans I know are losing hope.   As you know, this team has had one of the worst records in the NFL in the last decade.  The Redskins way as you like to put it, frankly has been about losing.  The losing has happened from regime to regime.  The definition of insanity is of course doing the same thing and expecting a different result.  And, there is one thing that successful franchises do that this team hasn't and that is hire a hungry up and coming personnel guru to run free agency and the draft.  The Redskins have had people like that in the building like John Schneider, Eric Decosta and Baalke who are considered now at the top of the profession -- and the Redskins let them go to bring success to other teams.

I heard today, you are elevating AJ Smith.  I hope AJ is elevated to a position of responsibility where its beyond just being a consultant.  AJ I think is an improvement on the status quo because he adds a strong established background in scouting and personnel to the mix. He doesn't though fit what most NFL pundits say you need in the GM position or Director of Player Development and that is someone who is young, hungry and is willing to put in 100 hours a week to prove themselves and make their mark.  

Hopefully on the horizon the front office is looking to find a Decosta, Schneider, Baalke, Grigson, type etc.   I'd gather you didn't like the tone of the questions asked at your press conference but most of them centered on the same idea and its the same idea most fans rail about when they call into radio shows, etc.   That is, for all the things that Dan has tried over the years, he's never tried the lets trust an up and comer highly regarded personnel executive to run personnel.

If the front office just made that once change, judging from comments from Redskins fans I know, it would make a world of difference in the faith they'd have in this team's future.  But if the Redskins continue to not prioritize having a personnel staff that's excellent, and that's on par with our division rivals and perennial NFL winners -- I think you are going to lose many fans and by extension over time the team will lose revenue.  In the past Dan could sell hope -- Gibbs, Marty, Spurrier, RG3, Shanahan -- but I find the people who I know who are fans, including myself, we just don't buy into that hope anymore.  We are looking for real change.  

Thanks for your consideration!  

Most should read this in order to not waste your time on this team. We waste enough as it is. 

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/12/31/7471495/a-letter-to-the-redskins-and-their-response

A Letter To The Redskins, And Their Response.

Dan Snyder has now owned the Redskins for half of my life. Unfortunately, it's been for the half of my life that I've been old enough to truly appreciate a winning team. Needless to say, I've had nothing to appreciate.

So I decided to write a letter to the Redskins...

I read it.  But I wouldn't be deterred by it.  As some of us mentioned earlier in the thread when you are trying to reach someone who is busy and in position of power like Bruce or Dan, the letters are usually read by their underlings.  I once had a job like that working for a Senator.  I would rarely read the letter out loud to them or show him a letter, I'd just tell him am getting flooded with communication with people saying this....occasionally I'd show him one of the letters so that he got the picture.  Colleagues I know who did the same thing, operated the same way.

We all post our positions here all day long, it doesn't take any longer to say what we are saying here directly to Bruce.  I just sent him my letter to his email address.  Do I think it makes a difference, no.  But do I think that Bruce would get the picture that we are upset if he gets email after email from various people, heck yeah.  That's what we are encouraging here.  

And considering Bruce said in his press conference he enjoys talking to the fans and does it all the time.  If a whole bunch of us send him emails and he doesn't respond -- I bet we can get a Steinberg article out of it or some attention somewhere.

Great, this is the type of feedback we're looking for. None of us are experts at this type of thing so if anyone is, please show us the best way to go about it. If someone can make those fan cards with that same message that'd be wonderful and I'd add it to the OP right away.

For now, I think more people sending at least one of those letters will still send a message. Can't hurt, at least.

I agree:  something is better than nothing - so, for those who want to write the long-winded letter, it can't hurt.

I believe what I call the "bumper sticker" approach would be more effective (i.e., short and to-the-point).  It could even be sent on a post card.  We could all converge on one very central point, for example, the unsuccessful way the front office has been organized since Dan Snyder was the owner.

We could say something like:  "Dear Mr. Snyder,

The Tampa/Orlando connections are not winning games for the Redskins, and until a young and hungry person from a consistently successful franchise with no previous association to the Redskins is selected to run this organization as GM, I will not financially support this team, nor will I attend any further games.

Sincerely,"

[or something like that - you get the picture - I could come up with something better, but I was just using this as an example of a short and to-the-point message]

The idea of copying someone in the media (i.e., Steinburg, or how about James Brown?  Isn't he a 'skins fan?), however, is brilliant, as it then gives a huge microphone to focus the attention.

I agree:  something is better than nothing - so, for those who want to write the long-winded letter, it can't hurt.

I believe what I call the "bumper sticker" approach would be more effective (i.e., short and to-the-point).  It could even be sent on a post card.  We could all converge on one very central point, for example, the unsuccessful way the front office has been organized since Dan Snyder was the owner.

We could say something like:  "Dear Mr. Snyder,

The Tampa/Orlando connections are not winning games for the Redskins, and until a young and hungry person from a consistently successful franchise with no previous association to the Redskins is selected to run this organization as GM, I will not financially support this team, nor will I attend any further games.

Sincerely,"

[or something like that - you get the picture - I could come up with something better, but I was just using this as an example of a short and to-the-point message]

The idea of copying someone in the media (i.e., Steinburg, or how about James Brown?  Isn't he a 'skins fan?), however, is brilliant, as it then gives a huge microphone to focus the attention.

Well, the idea was that no one would have to actually write their own long-winded letter, they can take one of the three posted here up top, copy and paste it to Word or something, and simply sign their name on it. Or tweak it as they saw fit. But nothing really involved. 

If they're getting the same message over and over, it will have an effect. All three letters up top there essentially say the same thing. 

Either way, I think it's best, as some have suggested, to re-create the fan card and put the message on it that all of these letters boil down to, which is a true and proper re-shaping of the FO where top notch talent evaluators form the top (at GM) and flow through the bottom (scouting department).

It's really up to Redskins fans, though. Do we want to make noise in the, historically, most effective way by bombarding their mail boxes and emails... or do we want to continue complaining on message boards and twitter, which is also effective, but could certainly be boosted via the other method? That's the point of this thread, really.

It simply doesn't matter how we do it, whether it's with some version of the letters or the fan cards. Just that we do it.      

I appreciate the hard work that has been put into this campaign and I am all for it. That being said, I stopped reading each letter halfway through as I find them too long. I like the idea of turning in my fan card, with the footnote of needing a real GM and the added fan info included. I will do whatever the majority agrees on as I love the Skins and I miss the glory days.

You can't help someone who doesn't want help.  You can't help someone who doesn't feel the need for help.  Two things my dad told me tonight.  Good advice.  

Dan Snyder doesn't want your input or help and he doesn't think he needs it.  Bruce Allen just told you, "I probably talk to more fans than Chris Cooley gets call-ins on his radio program..."  

****ing delusional morons.  (Snyder and Allen not ESers...just wanted to clarify who that was directed towards)

These are politicians and successful tycoons not ****ing small mom-and-pop shop owners.  

This is a machine people and I'm sorry to say that you're wasting your time.  

You CANNOT help or change a man like Dan Snyder and you certainly can't influence him to hire the right people or consult with the right people.  He has no ****ing idea how to do that.  

That said, I can't say I don't feel your pain.  I hate this franchise with a passion and wish I could walk from it but it's in my blood.  **** Dan Snyder!

You can't help someone who doesn't want help.  You can't help someone who doesn't feel the need for help.  Two things my dad told me tonight.  Good advice.  

Dan Snyder doesn't want your input or help and he doesn't think he needs it.  Bruce Allen just told you, "I probably talk to more fans than Chris Cooley gets call-ins on his radio program..."  

****ing delusional morons.  (Snyder and Allen not ESers...just wanted to clarify who that was directed towards)

These are politicians and successful tycoons not ****ing small mom-and-pop shop owners.  

This is a machine people and I'm sorry to say that you're wasting your time.  

You CANNOT help or change a man like Dan Snyder and you certainly can't influence him to hire the right people or consult with the right people.  He has no ****ing idea how to do that.  

That said, I can't say I don't feel your pain.  I hate this franchise with a passion and wish I could walk from it but it's in my blood.  **** Dan Snyder!

This 

You can't help someone who doesn't want help. You can't help someone who doesn't feel the need for help. Two things my dad told me tonight. Good advice.

Dan Snyder doesn't want your input or help and he doesn't think he needs it. Bruce Allen just told you, "I probably talk to more fans than Chris Cooley gets call-ins on his radio

I understand this sentiment. I truly do, and I never thought I'd be one to understand it. I smirked condescendingly when the "fan card" thread was first created in 2009 and thought it was silly and unnecessary.

But change happened right after it. Maybe it had nothing to do with it, but maybe it did. And we've seen how a consistent, unified, message from the fans about a particular issue can change things pretty fast when we saw Jim Fassel essentially lose his promised job because of it.

There's no reason for us not to try. Especially now that pretty much everyone sees the issue clearly now and we're focusing on the head, not the body. It's not as simple as removing Allen or firing a coach. It's placing the target on the entire organizational philosophy, or lack thereof, that has lead to bad move after bad move.

I understand this sentiment. I truly do, and I never thought I'd be one to understand it. I smirked condescendingly when the "fan card" thread was first created in 2009 and thought it was silly and unnecessary.

But change happened right after it. Maybe it had nothing to do with it, but maybe it did. And we've seen how a consistent, unified, message from the fans about a particular issue can change things pretty fast when we saw Jim Fassel essentially lose his promised job because of it.

There's no reason for us not to try. Especially now that pretty much everyone sees the issue clearly now and we're focusing on the head, not the body. It's not as simple as removing Allen or firing a coach. It's placing the target on the entire organizational philosophy, or lack thereof, that has lead to bad move after bad move.

I remember the thread for a billboard on D.C. buses for Synder to sell the team. lol

My opinion is that our Owner does not really know how to reinvent the team.  Some of the old business practices are becoming obsolete like encyclopedias (example: $$$ for big name player to fill seats or team says their reviewing applicants for a position but position is already filled. 80% of the fan base knows the truth.).  He has not gotten it.  Give us the fans/the brand what we want and in return we will give you our money.  Which is the same supply and demand.    When you compare the top profitable teams in the NFL accomplishment, fundamentals, productivity, ethics etc to ours...... it makes my head hurt.  

There has been some bright points to this team with acquired players.  There is much work to do.  This upcoming season is putting a target on the organization.  Its up to the F.O..

got a response from Bruce.  Doesn't say much but its a start.  I put in the heading:  Bruce I understand you like interacting with the fans, if so please read, thanks!

profile_mask2.png

Mike

Thank you for your passionate support of the Washington Redskins.  I can assure you that we will be looking at every option in order to bring winning football back to FedEx field.

HTTR,

Bruce

Absolutely, try it.  No harm in it.  My point is it doesn't matter because the head is bad at his job.  And if he or anyone within the organization was influenced by a few fans, it's even more of a problem than I thought.  

If Dan Snyder walked up to me and said, "What would you do?" I'd have no idea how to help him.  But, someone with organizational development skills (IO Psychologist) could...or at least the equivalent of an organizational developer at the pro sports level.  

He needs someone to help him align and structure the organization properly by using models from other successful organizations.  Data, surveys, interviews, resumes, consultations and the like would all be things that I would focus on outside of "normal day to day NFL calendar" activities.    

My wife has an organizational development background and she's a PHD candidate with 10 years + experience with major corporations.  She's been a fan for 40+ years and grew up in NOVA.  She loves the Skins.  No doubt in my mind she could help this organization but I assure you she won't be getting a phone call or email from some Skins figure reading a message board thread.

Hell Grant Paulsen, a 20 something year old kid reporter, mentioned on his radio show and said as much during Bruce's presser that the Skins don't do it the way other teams do it.  He has a journalism background and he gets it.  Hell, we all get it.  Everyone seems to "get it" but the people who should be getting it.   

Absolutely, try it.  No harm in it.  My point is it doesn't matter because the head is bad at his job.  And if he or anyone within the organization was influenced by a few fans, it's even more of a problem than I thought.  

If Dan Snyder walked up to me and said, "What would you do?" I'd have no idea how to help him.  But, someone with organizational development skills (IO Psychologist) could...or at least the equivalent of an organizational developer at the pro sports level.  

He needs someone to help him align and structure the organization properly by using models from other successful organizations.  Data, surveys, interviews, resumes, consultations and the like would all be things that I would focus on outside of "normal day to day NFL calendar" activities.    

My wife has an organizational development background and she's a PHD candidate with 10 years + experience with major corporations.  She's been a fan for 40+ years and grew up in NOVA.  She loves the Skins.  No doubt in my mind she could help this organization but I assure you she won't be getting a phone call or email from some Skins figure reading a message board thread.

Hell Grant Paulsen, a 20 something year old kid reporter, mentioned on his radio show and said as much during Bruce's presser that the Skins don't do it the way other teams do it.  He has a journalism background and he gets it.  Hell, we all get it.  Everyone seems to "get it" but the people who should be getting it.   

Two things.  

1.  When Jim Fassel was considered for the HC position.  It became well documented that the fans going nuts swayed the FO away from the position.

2.  Vinny Cerrato -- lots of letters coming from the board the year he was fired. On that, we don't know if it had an influence but it might.

If you are running a business, its customers US.  Should matter.  It's not bad business on their end to pay attention to us, though I get your point.  It's bad business to ignore us.  

Personally, I think part of the reason why they haven't adopted the most basic winning formula that fans like us can recite and understand is that its just not fun for Danny to do it that way.  I hate to cite Sally Jenkins becuase I disagree with many of her opinions but she wrote an article years ago about the biggest problem with the Redskins is Dan uses it as his toy.  He is like a fan who gets off on hanging it out with Clinton Portis in Vegas, and hanging out with Vinny in his house in Hawaii talking about free agency.   It's not fun to give some sharp wiz kid GM type the reigns and he stays out of the way.

If so, will it change on its own?  Doesn't look like it.  Does he even think its on the fans radar screen?  Doesn't look like it -- because fans generally voice a general dissatisfaction without getting specific.  In my opinion, there is something to gain by us fans saying look we see you aren't into hiring a top flight personnel guy to run the ship, its on our radar screen now and we are sick of it.

Even if it takes years for him to get it.  Lets say nothing happens.  If we have another mediocre FA  crop and draft, and they go 4-12 again. What are they going to do if people aren't filling the stands and they get thousands of fans complaining about their FO office structure?  At some point I think they will budge.  And like I said there is precedent for them budging for fan sentiment.  

And no I don't think its poor form for them to be influenced by fans.  We aren't tell them who to hire or who to start at QB.  We are telling them look try it like Baltimore, NE, etc.  I don't think its that complex in terms of needing a business organizational expert.  I think organizational wise they have it set up finally, OK.  The buck stops with Bruce Allen.  He is in charge of personnel.   He is just not a real personnel guy.  I don't think they need to do some business retreat and figure out internally how to reorder responsibilities.  

I think no matter what Dan is going to want to be involved in discussions, etc -- and to me that's not the end of the world.  to me the end of the world is this -- the most important responsibility in the FO is to have a person who is kick butt at what they do when it comes to evaluating personnel.    And the Redskions have never had that guy, and that IMO by a mile is the reason why the team has struggled. 

Would the NE Patriots, Steelers, etc have Casserly, Vinny, Gibbs, Shanny, and Allen run their personnel?  No, they'd laugh at the prospect.    Casserly's drafts stink.  Vinny was unemployed, no one wanted him when we picked him up.  I love Gibbs but hes never been a personnel guy, and he's the same guy I recall reading at the time saying looking at Desmond Howard's tape, he looks can't miss.  Shanny knows offense but was fired in Denver specifically because his personnel moves.  Bruce had bad drafts in Tampa. 

We hire guys to run personnel who aren't even regarded as mediocre but have actually been failure in their prior jobs and expect to reach great heights here?  It's ridiculous.    The Jets are beating down the door of Eric Decosta.  Why don't we do that?  To me and I know some others agree, is the heart of this team's issues.  

Hiring D level people to run our personnel IMO while our competitors look for the A people -- in mine and many others is the heart of the issues with this team.   I don't care if their personnel guy has what title.  We arguably have not had the right guy in the building to run personnel outside of the one year with Marty where he put John Schneider in charge.  

I LOVE this. Proactive fandom. LONG overdue.

Man I wish I was Stateside and a game going fan. So much you could do. Fan groups need forming. Marches. Organised banners and chants at the game. Media contact and contact with the Redskins hierarchy to have a fan voice. I could go on and on.

Having been a part of fan power that removed two high profile North American owners from a sports team FAR bigger than the Redskins could ever wish to be, I honestly don't think you guys realise just what power and influence you could have if you stick together as one.

Hail.

got a response from Bruce. Doesn't say much but its a start. I put in the heading: Bruce I understand you like interacting with the fans, if so please read, thanks!

profile_mask2.png

1]

Mike

Thank you for your passionate support of the Washington Redskins. I can assure you that we will be looking at every option in order to bring winning football back to FedEx field.

HTTR,

Bruce

Canned response

Canned response

Of course.  But like I said earlier, its not about them caring about what one person has to say.  if they are flooded with responses and they work like the standard office, they'd get the vibe that fans are unhappy and if we are specific they'd encode if people complained about the same thing.

Like I've mentioned before on Jim Fassel and Vinny.  I doubt they combed through or cared about the reasoning or rationale about what we thought,.  They just registered that we were unhappy about Fassel being the choice.  Same thing we are doing here.  

Why would Bruce or assistant would give me a response like -- well you know we are talking about this guy and that guy and we feel too we need to add a new personnel guy.  If he did that we'd get the front sports story in the WP.  

Whether it was Bruce or someone else reading the email for him, they had to read that email to give that response -- how would they know Bruce was getting a complaint about how they run things, I'd assume every email they get isn't on that subject.  And being a person who once worked correspondence including emails for a Senator -- I'd let him know if I got a bunch on a subject.  Am hoping its the same here.

Yeah, I received the same response from Bruce's email as well. It's clearly canned, but I was surprised they even sent one.

They're seeing it, one way or another. Whoever is reading it will relay the message if enough people send it. We just need them to know that enough of us realize the real issue and won't fall for their irrelevant changes sold to us every year as big improvements. At the very least, it'll make them have to think about doing things the right way.

Mr. Snyder is the preferred salutation.

:ols:

This is soooo true. Snyder is such a douche.

Yeah, I received the same response from Bruce's email as well. It's clearly canned, but I was surprised they even sent one.

They're seeing it, one way or another. Whoever is reading it will relay the message if enough people send it. We just need them to know that enough of us realize the real issue and won't fall for their irrelevant changes sold to us every year as big improvements. At the very least, it'll make them have to think about doing things the right way.

Are you sure it's not some bot that automatically sends out a response to any received fan email?

:ols:

This is soooo true. Snyder is such a douche.

Are you sure it's not some bot that automatically sends out a response to any received fan email?

I doubt it's a bot since the response is based on the subject matter within the email. They can't just send that to anyone... not sure how they'd manage to filter both mine and SIP's email to where they get the right response sent, lol. 

Someone is in charge of it and he/she was probably told, or figured on their own, that this was the type of response that would fit our emails. 

I don't think it should be a question anymore whether or not we can affect change. I think it's pretty clear we can, just has to be all of us.

When I said earlier that "none of us are experts", I didn't even know SIP had a background handling mail for a Senator. We've got SIP telling us based on experience, the incredible success online petitioning has had recently with numerous websites causing huge banks and/or goverments to change, as well as the examples directly related to the Redskins (the fan card in 09, Jim Fassel)... I just don't see the argument as to why not.     

this is what we are up against, this sums it up perfectly

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/14435/redskins-mailbag-part-2-57?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Keim: When they hired Bruce Allen, people I talked to around the league felt it was a good move -- as long as he was left to do what he was good at, such as negotiating contracts and dealing with agents, etc. They felt between he and Mike Shanahan it would at least be a competent organization. That did not turn out to be the case, but not everyone felt it was a bad setup. But I also know that some general manager candidates in the past turned Snyder down because they felt what he wanted most was a dinner partner. (I was told Bobby Beathard felt this way.) I also wonder how many strong football GMs or so-called rising stars would want to work in Washington knowing how the power is set up and how you won't have ultimate power. I do agree, though, with what you say. It's one thing to express you want to win, but then you should set up your organization accordingly. I don't know why he hasn't done it a certain way and can only guess it's because he just likes having a lot of say in what goes on. It's his franchise so it's his right. But through 15 years it hasn't worked. If it ever does I'll give him credit.

Archived