Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins vs Giants - the positives?

Red Cloud

The sad thing is the front office will point to the 10th ranked defense in yards allowed and keep Haslett next year.  Does anyone really think he will be gone?

If Haslett is not let go I will not watch a game again until he is. It will be hard to do but I just can't subject myself to the punishment anymore. 

If he isn't given his walking papers it really shows the incompetence of this organization at all levels.

OP's view of the game is much different than mine. Positives? Hmmm,...not many,...if any.

Defense played the run well

Tress Way is a good punter

RG3 looked good at times

Players that I thought looked good -- Trent Murphy, Breeland (at times), Compton, Thompson

That's about it. The offensive and defensive rankings are bs. Who cares. Skins are 3-11,......3 ****ing wins man.

Not enough pressure from the defensive front, but I think Kerrigan had a pretty good game. Same old story on D though - Biggers blew a coverage, Amerson did as well, Breeland carries his man inside instead of dropping with the man running into his zone, safeties provide very little help in coverage - scores or other big plays given up because players aren't executing the basics.

Breeland played well at the beginning. Then he got a pass interference call every play Beckam missed a pass so Breeland had to play 10 yards off. Can we say a new Hall vs Bryant rivalry?

Rob played well enough the first half. Got the ball out quickly and drove us to score. Then the zebras called back his amazing touchdown run, and that killed his momentum.

Chris Thompson played well and might finally get Helu off this roster.

Garçon got a 22 yard pass to keep him happy for another week.

Does anyone believe this is the 10th best D or 12th best offence? Just using yards is such a weak stat to judge everything

Hi. I was watching a Eagles pregame show and the said the Skins have the 10th ranked defense. I almost fell off the couch. Then they said RG3 has the second best something. Pos qb rating? Behind only Breese. WTF.

This may sound like a small thing, but I thought Robert looked normal in the pocket at times. He even bounded on his toes like a normal QB in the pocket while going through his reads rather than being flat footed or going backwards. Positive.

I thought Robert looked better also except when he gets hit he looks like a rag doll and he takes forever to get up.

Hi. I was watching a Eagles pregame show and the said the Skins have the 10th ranked defense. I almost fell off the couch. Then they said RG3 has the second best something. Pos qb rating? Behind only Breese. WTF.

I thought Robert looked better also except when he gets hit he looks like a rag doll and he takes forever to get up.

Defense: 10th in yards/game; 27th in points/game; 31st in TDs allowed

Robert: Among players with 100+ attempts, 2nd in completion % (just guessing that's the stat you heard)

Mostly, the defense stat just shows how misleading yards can be in a game whose outcome depends on points.  Basically, we have a good y/g stat only because we are making it easy for the other team to score TDs without gaining a lot of yards.  Factors include: short fields for opposing teams due to sucky STs, TOs and defensive penalties.  Skins have a net line of scrimmage per drive of -5.56 (30th), 1014 penalty yards (31st) and a net TO per drive of .067 (30th).

When the protection held up RG3 was decent, the last few weeks under Colt have shown that it isn't just RG3 holding onto the ball too much that is the problem so maybe he isn't as broken as he looked earlier in the year & can be saved.

Watching the bears-saints on MNF Cutler looked panicked & scared behind his O Line because he was constantly getting pressured/sacked, Cutler has plenty of flaws but is still a decent QB overall so if someone as experienced as him can look this way then maybe we don't have to write off our QBs yet

The only positive was that RG III played average.

And average is about as good as you can expect behind that line. Just abysmal. The worst pass protection I have ever seen.

When the protection held up RG3 was decent, the last few weeks under Colt have shown that it isn't just RG3 holding onto the ball too much that is the problem so maybe he isn't as broken as he looked earlier in the year & can be saved.

Watching the bears-saints on MNF Cutler looked panicked & scared behind his O Line because he was constantly getting pressured/sacked, Cutler has plenty of flaws but is still a decent QB overall so if someone as experienced as him can look this way then maybe we don't have to write off our QBs yet

I was in the camp that Griffin was just holding onto the ball too long and in some cases, he absolutely was. He did play terribly to the point where it was indefensible in some cases. However, it is much more understandable given the state of the line that he is paying too much attention to the rush.

He still does need to improve his pocket presence and overall decision making, but I think he showed today that perhaps he isn't a totally lost cause and worth giving another year. I am on board if both Gruden and Griffin come back next year and we get some guys that play with that nasty streak that I can see Jay going for.

the positives there is enough data to move forward...  It is clear that Gruden is not good at his job and Griffin isn't as terrible as Gruden says.  I think the players played for RG3.  I thought the play calling was horrible and for Gruden to not admit that the o-line is an issue makes me think he is not as objective as he appears... 

Archived