Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice on dealing with a shady business

daveakl

So recently I was in the market for a new hammock and went to the flea market to see if any were for sale.  There was this smoking hot mid 20 y/o selling hand crafted Mexican hammocks for half the price I have seen anywhere else.  After talking to her a bit and playing it cool I was able to get her to knock $5 off the price AND get her number!  Everything was going great until I got home and set the hammock up.

That night the weather was perfect so I decided to sleep outside in it.  I was itching on and off through the evening but chalked it up to mosquitoes and whatnot.  Came in that morning, through my clothes in the hamper, showered, and went to work.

Over the next few days I noticed more and more welts showing up on my body, something was attacking me during the night!  I called in an exterminator and it turns out the hammock was infested with bed bugs and I brought them inside when I put my clothes in the hamper!

I went back to the flea market the next day to ask for a refund and get reimbursed for the cost of heat-treating my entire house.  The girl that sold me the hammock made up some sob story about having to pay back her student loan (she has a medical assistant degree but is selling Mexican hammocks?!?) and her car that her dad helped her pay for.  She then started crying to me about her step mom and how she has taken control of all her dad’s money and she is worried she will have no inheritance.

So now I am trying to figure out what to do.  Should I press charges against her?  Try to settle with her out of court?  She is seriously hot and I think if I play this right I could get some action out of it (if you know what I mean).

Should of leased the Hammock...

I'm not sure I follow.

I buy a ton of Mexican Hammocks, never had a problem.

I never have either.  

For the record I usually get mine from more upscale places like Target but their lay-a-way policy sucks and the people that work their are discouraged from flirting with the customers.  IMO that's half the fun of going shopping.

LOL damn.  I don't know if you can really take any legal action considering you bought it at a flea-market.  Not sure if you can hold them accountable for the exterminator expenses.  

This sounds like an episode of People's Court or Judge Judy.  With that said, hooking up with her might bring more bed bugs, so she better be a dime.

LOL damn.  I don't know if you can really take any legal action considering you bought it at a flea-market.  Not sure if you can hold them accountable for the exterminator expenses.  

This sounds like an episode of People's Court or Judge Judy.  With that said, hooking up with her might bring more bed bugs, so she better be a dime.

Oh she is.

Her step-mom sounds like a real loser though.  The type that makes her husband stay at home while she goes out and works and has all the fun instead of raising the kids like a good wife.

Are you sure they were bed bugs and not fleas?

Yea, the exterminator showed me and I purchased a kit from Lowe's that checks for them.

It's toats amazeballs that dave has held on for this long, providing us with ever more details. A true testament to his character.

I'm willing to wait if the pie is worth it. She definitely is worth it looks wise.

Archived