Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #redskins Make Roster Moves

TK

For Immediate Release

November 4, 2014

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins activated the following player from the team’s Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

WR Leonard Hankerson

The Redskins waived the following player:

CB Chase Minnifield

The Redskins released the following practice squad player:

T Terren Jones

Hankerson (6-2, 211) was originally selected by the Redskins in the third round (79th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 30 career games with 14 starts, recording 81 receptions for 1,081 yards and six receiving touchdowns.

Minnifield (6-0, 186) spent the first three weeks of the season on the team’s practice squad before being activated on Sept. 22.

Slightly strange that we activate another receiver, a position we are very deep at, and drop a corner where we are thin. I was expecting Aldrick Robinson to be cut - its just not happened for him this year. I suppose this also means we can expect Santana to be inactive again after the bye.

Slightly strange that we activate another receiver, a position we are very deep at, and drop a corner where we are thin. I was expecting Aldrick Robinson to be cut - its just not happened for him this year. I suppose this also means we can expect Santana to be inactive again after the bye.

Tracey Porter is presumably fit at last, and they hope to get Chase back on the practice squad.

I think relying on Tracey Porter is a huge risk. It is what it is I guess.

I'd say the bigger risk is losing Chase altogether, but then it's not that much of a risk as it's questionable whether Chase will develop further or he's as good as he's going to get. If he ends up on the PS he'll be available if Porter stinks it up or gets injured again. I wouldn't bet on either player being on the team next year, I like Chase more than the coaches seem to but they see a lot more of him.

Archived