Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Washington Redskins Leafers Laughing While On Field Performance Remains A Joke

buzz1522

Yeah,...ok,...the media started the culture of losing that that permeates this team/organization.  What are you,.....12 years old???  Jeeezo flip,.....so sick of this crap.  

There is a whole generation of fans with loser attitudes and they don't even realize it.  Because all they know is mediocrity,..and losing.

The media doesn't "start this stuff".  They're reporting on what they see/perceive and yes,...they use angles for stories.  But I can only imagine reporters in this area having a hard to getting any new angles due to the constant losing and pathetic play.  I mean,...how many different ways can we slice up this turd of a team and report on LOSING?!?!?  Holy hell,...what a terrible job. 

JR wasn't the only one to report this locker room story,....and, quit blaming the media man,....just stop.

God,...it gets harder and harder being a fan of this team. 

no, i said the media started the crap about the locker room after the game. which they did. it is a non-issue.

Just so everyone is clear, Reid wasn't the only guy that reported this. Keim and one other did as well. Reid just played it up as a glaring negative

These are Keim's only tweets (that I know of) (emphasis mine)

As far as locker room stuff: Definitely not a somber place last night. some laughing in shower,etc. can't say players were OK with losing

But it did not come across like it was a team that hated losing, either. did ask T. Williams and Ryan clark about it. clark was OK w/the

atmosphere after the game. did say in PBurgh, it would have been "miserable." felt difference here: team is still building.

John Keim ‏@john_keim  10m10 minutes ago

As clark said, 'everyone handles losing differently." But it's the sense of urgency that sometimes seems missing.

to be clear: the last sentence on the last tweet was my thought...

Is this a big deal? not like it was a lot of players. but it either had vibe of a team that felt it turned a corner or 1 that was content

with not getting blow out at home in prime time.if a corner was somehow turned, MUST be evident on field Sunday. otherwise: more of same

Keim seems a lot more open to at least saying a few options, and I honestly feel like he's doing that out of respect for Reid.

I'm glad all this came out. The team needs something to fire them up, even if it's "manufactured media BS."

But is it REALLY?

Sonny Jurgensen would disagree.

Check out this video, starting at 10:27.

Sonny speaks, case closed. These guys are behaving like the losers they are.

http://blog.redskins.com/2011/01/25/brothers-of-the-legacy-part-2/

Um...did Gruden just flip off a reporter during his press conference when the reporter asked about the "laughing in the locker room" story? lol :lol:

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/griffin-again-moving-well-warmups

It's right at the beginning of the video...I swear it was done on purpose lol (or I'm just hoping it was, either way).

Cool, the team is once again more interested in media battles then battles on the football field.  Way to go.

Your statement would make more sense if Clark was having this twitter battle during a game, practice, or film session...Otherwise, it just sounds like frustration speaking....

Free country. Let em laugh it up all the way to the bank. Fact is, the coaches shouldn't be laughing. I know us fans aren't laughing.

But it does reflect the competitive edge we have in the locker room. We are already, out of the playoffs. We are mired in the ranks of the Raiders and Jaguars. Both teams will surpass us next year. Where does that leave us? The worst team in the entire NFL.

Yeah as a competitor, I'd be laughing too. Carry on. Enjoy the party. Call it media fuel but you can't exactly ignore it either. A team that doesent care, has no fight. No will. No inspiration to get better, to win.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit hard. But I want a winning team. Or at least a competing team. If joking eliminates the pressure to to execute, great, but show the hell up on game day. Period.

Well, Keim's statements add a bit more weight to what Rdid was saying.  I dont think its a reason to go nuclear yet, but it is something to keep an eye on going forward.  I do not want to regularly see a party-like atmosphere in the locker-room after losses, I expect Gruden to teach the players a more professional and appropriate way to conduct themselves in the locker-room following a loss.  I think Ryan Clark pretty much admitted as much, when (according to J. Keim) he said that the locker-room atmosphere in Pittsburgh, unlike the SKins lockerroom, following a loss was miserable.  Its important for the team to grow up a little here.

For one, its a matter of maturity and professionalism.  You gotta be wise enough to know,  when you're losing, people are lookING for any reason to flame you.  You have to be smart enough to simply give them no excuse to pile on. And that includes being aware of how youre demeanor after a loss will be percieved by outsiders.   

Second, it IS a bit concerning that we have to teach players to be more somber after a loss.  THat should be a natural reaction for players that truly hate to lose.  Then again, its a lot easier to 'hate-to lose' when losing is infrequent.

Third, the most concerning thing to me is that perhaps the locker-room was not that somber after a loss, because the team didnt really view it as a loss.  Maybe they seemed a little happy because they were a little happy.  Happy that they kinda got close to making it a competiive game.  If thats all it takes to make our players, thats even more concerning than players that just dont give a damn about wins and losses.  

Free country. Let em laugh it up all the way to the bank. Fact is, the coaches shouldn't be laughing. I know us fans aren't laughing.

But it does reflect the competitive edge we have in the locker room. We are already, out of the playoffs. We are mired in the ranks of the Raiders and Jaguars. Both teams will surpass us next year. Where does that leave us? The worst team in the entire NFL.

Yeah as a competitor, I'd be laughing too. Carry on. Enjoy the party. Call it media fuel but you can't exactly ignore it either. A team that doesent care, has no fight. No will. No inspiration to get better, to win.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit hard. But I want a winning team. Or at least a competing team. If joking eliminates the pressure to to execute, great, but show the hell up on game day. Period.

technically speaking, we aren't OUT of the playoffs yet. It would take a huge turnaround. Mathematically? Not out at all. Realistically? Could be almost dead with a loss on sunday. but otherwise, good post.

Um...did Gruden just flip off a reporter during his press conference when the reporter asked about the "laughing in the locker room" story? lol :lol:

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/griffin-again-moving-well-warmups

It's right at the beginning of the video...I swear it was done on purpose lol (or I'm just hoping it was, either way).

Looks like he did! I liked his fiery response too. His guys will love that.

Archived