Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BI: Map Shows Which NFL Team Every US County Roots For

RawBBQSauce

Map Shows Which NFL Team Every US County Roots For

Tony Manfred

Sep. 5, 2014 9:53 AM

Facebook release a map showing NFL Fan allegiances by county, and it's pretty revealing.

Here's the map (more below):

nfl-fan-map.jpg

Some of the key takeaways:

• The Cowboys dominate Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico, and much of Nevada. In Texas, only the counties immediately surrounding Houston root for the Texans.
  • Pennsylvania is Steelers Country, with only the Philadelphia area rooting for the Eagles.
  • The Redskins beat out the Ravens in Virginia, while the Ravens beat out the Redskins in Delaware.
  • South Carolina is very confused. Parts of the state root for the Panthers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Falcons.
  • The Jets don't have a plurality of fans in any county, sadly.

Pretty cool graphic. The skins seam to have a small county coverage compared to many other teams.

The Jets have no place dominated by their fans?  Not one?  That's interesting. 

I think it's interesting that they think it's interesting that there are more Redskins fans in Virginia than Ravens fans...

I can't tell if it's Cowboys or Giants.

I'm thinking it's the Cowboys.  Cowboys have sleeper cells all over the country.

I'm not buying the Cowboys owning southern VA. I ride my motorcycle around here everyday between roanoke, charlottesville, lynchburg, and across to hampton roads and I always see Redskins stickers, t shirts, flags, etc and I don't remember seeing Cowboys gear at all so you know those so called fans are just fairweather and if the Pukes ever win again maybe all their junk comes out of the closet but we're not talking about real fans either way. 

This is a map based on Facebook likes.  I believe Jamarcus Russell had more accuracy than what you could expect from this map.  Considering how many unemployed middle-school drop out Cowboys fans there are at  home all day with nothing better to do than drink and be on Facebook, these results are not surprising.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived