Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wiley has been a nice surprise so far this season. Finally starting to show the promise he brought with him three years ago. He's athletic, can defend the perimeter, and if he keeps knocking down 3's, will make this Maryland team far more dangerous.

Now, if Obi can get healthy and give10-12 minutes of defense and rebounding at the 4, this team could be pretty good.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

I only saw the last 15 minutes, so I have no idea how Bucknell was able to get a 15 point lead. But I liked what I saw from the team to fight back and win. They still have some of the same problems they've had in years past, but I really like the fight and the fact that they are not just relying on one guy to bail them out when they aren't playing well. 

8 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I only saw the last 15 minutes, so I have no idea how Bucknell was able to get a 15 point lead. But I liked what I saw from the team to fight back and win. They still have some of the same problems they've had in years past, but I really like the fight and the fact that they are not just relying on one guy to bail them out when they aren't playing well. 

First half, Bucknell couldn't miss, Hit like 70% from 3. Terps weren't shooting well, and weren't switching on the screens that were freeing Bucknell's shooters. Also, their PG was giving Cowan fits, driving and either scoring or dishing for an open 3.

Terps came out second half with their energy ramped up, and switched Morsell onto the PG. They also switched off on screens to keep a hand in the shooter's face. Made the difference. Bucknell shot much worse in the second.

They also missed Cheka, who was sick. He tried to give it a go, but lasted about 2 minutes. His size would have been a tough matchup for Bucknell, especially if he was on the floor with Bruno, who had another terrific game, as did Morsell.

This team has a lot of talent, they're gonna be fun to watch, but they're young, and will probably have a couple clunkers along the way.

One thing that stood out to me in this game is that they need Cheka and Bruno to stay healthy. Obi can play a little D and rebound, but has hands of stone. Lost, I think, three nice entry passes. Bender is still Bender. Just a big body to give the other bigs a blow. He gives this team nothing on the offensive end except screens. Not real quick or explosive, so his defense is limited also. Hope Turge finds another athletic big in this 2018 class to go with Bruno and Sticks, cause he's losing Cheka, Obi, and Bender, and I'm not sure if Tomaic will ever develop.

15 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

First half, Bucknell couldn't miss, Hit like 70% from 3. Terps weren't shooting well, and weren't switching on the screens that were freeing Bucknell's shooters. Also, their PG was giving Cowan fits, driving and either scoring or dishing for an open 3.

Terps came out second half with their energy ramped up, and switched Morsell onto the PG. They also switched off on screens to keep a hand in the shooter's face. Made the difference. Bucknell shot much worse in the second.

They also missed Cheka, who was sick. He tried to give it a go, but lasted about 2 minutes. His size would have been a tough matchup for Bucknell, especially if he was on the floor with Bruno, who had another terrific game, as did Morsell.

This team has a lot of talent, they're gonna be fun to watch, but they're young, and will probably have a couple clunkers along the way.

One thing that stood out to me in this game is that they need Cheka and Bruno to stay healthy. Obi can play a little D and rebound, but has hands of stone. Lost, I think, three nice entry passes. Bender is still Bender. Just a big body to give the other bigs a blow. He gives this team nothing on the offensive end except screens. Not real quick or explosive, so his defense is limited also. Hope Turge finds another athletic big in this 2018 class to go with Bruno and Sticks, cause he's losing Cheka, Obi, and Bender, and I'm not sure if Tomaic will ever develop.

i think they have the 5 star confirmed.  I'm pretty sure he is a big.  I'm so happy that we have 4 legit bigs.  The only position i worry about this year is if cowan gets in foul trouble.  Every other position we have a solid backup.

7 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i think they have the 5 star confirmed.  I'm pretty sure he is a big.  I'm so happy that we have 4 legit bigs.  The only position i worry about this year is if cowan gets in foul trouble.  Every other position we have a solid backup.

Yup, backup PG is a weakness. Too bad Ayala isn't there now!

The 5 star is Sticks. He signed his letter and will join his teammate Morsell next year, but I'd really like to see another big get signed. Word is they have an outside shot at Moses Brown, a 7-footer who is rated in most pundits top 20. With graduation, they'll only have Bruno, Sticks, and Tomaic as bigs. A Sophomore, freshman, and a guy who can't even get on the floor. One more big would seem a necessity, especially if Jackson goes pro.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game but nice win. Comeback wins always help confidence and morale imo. Bucknell is traditionally a good mid-major squad. 

Funny, I didn't check the box score until reading this thread. I read the first couple comments (particularly pj's), got scared, checked the score, and immediately was happy! Good way to start the morning from my phone in bed. Now need a Skins win.

14 hours ago, Forehead said:

So does anyone want to talk about the upcoming football game?

Honestly there's really not much to say.

Lost our top two QBs and best pass rusher within a two week span and that was the season basically.

I'm just hoping we can keep a solid recruiting class together and just get this nightmare season over with.

This was the first full game I got to watch this year. Wow is this team AWFUL. Now I know why they were down to whatever cupcake they played last game before coming back. I only saw the 2nd half of that game and thought maybe they could surprise some people. But good grief are they bad. Huerter was the worst player on the court by far. Jackson was the 2nd worse. I don’t know why but these players come to MD, have a great freshmen year and then never get any better and sometimes get worse. This is going to be a long season.

I didn't see the game but I hope it was just an anomaly of a bad outing. I have a feeling Huerter doesn't like being the main scorer. Team is incredibly young outside of Cekovsky and Nickens so there will bad games along the way. I'm still expecting a decent season with a 5-7 seed in the tourney.