Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

It was competitive for a little while.  Even when they were down 20-7, they seemed like they could keep it within 2-3 scores for a while.  Then the wheels really came off.

After the second series, the OC acted like he was terrified to pass. Special teams and D kinda held in there. Even so, I turned it off at the half.

• Like 1

OU kept 7 in the box to stop the run and man to man in the secondary. Max just didn’t have the confidence or ability to make those throws. I guess the athletes of a place like OU are going to be leaps and bounds better than the likes of Northwestern, but it is concerning how badly he looked yesterday. Ugh. 

I was looking at the starters and they are 99% composed of Edsall's recruits...and you see the results.

Realistically, we need at least 3-4 top 25 classes to get to a decent level.

Edit: I maintain that with Pigrome/Hill playing this is a different outcome.

Not in the sense of us winning, but I do believe it's a competitive game.

What OSU was doing wasn't rocket science. They just stacked the box because they had no fear of Max's arm or legs.

With Piggy/Hill they couldn't have done that.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I don't think any of us thought we'd beat OSU.  Especially at the horseshoe.  Hell, we can't beat them with our 1st string QB.  Like I said, forget about it and get ready for the Wildcats.

With Pigrome or Hill the Terps are a 15pt dog and probably play to about that.  It's extremely disappointing to continually run out of talent before they even get to the big boys.  Another year gone.

• Like 2
On 10/7/2017 at 6:01 PM, justice98 said:

It was competitive for a little while.  Even when they were down 20-7, they seemed like they could keep it within 2-3 scores for a while.  Then the wheels really came off.

We all knew what this was. I'm proud that our guys kept it interesting as long as they did. So far, I'm really liking the Durkin era. It will be interesting to see how things look after he's had a few years of recruiting under his belt.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Good. I'm interested to see what he has.

Coming into the spring he was the favorite for the starting position.

Yeah, it was a bummer that he got hurt. He, at least, is a two-way QB and can run far better than Borts. Should help open up Walt's offensive playbook a bit more. He looked a bit shaky last week, but that was in relief, when the game was way out of hand, and against a superior foe. The kid has playing experience at this level, so hopefully, getting all the reps this week will help him settle in, and Terps can get some decent QB play.

Now, if ****erille can just extricate his head from his anus...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1