Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Kasim Hill challenges for playing time as a true freshman next season.

I would say that Hill starts from day one, but I haven't seen the other recruits.  One of them starts from day one. As I have said before, Hill already does things the others cannot. He plays like Newton or Winston.  He isn't as big as they are, but he plays big and he isn't small. Pigrome moves to some sort of all purpose position, and hopefully plays like Darren Sproles.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Well that blew biscuits. As usual, Penn State owns us.  We are their b****.  I'm just facing facts that no matter who we recruit or get to coach, we'll never be elite.  I guess we should enjoy the money from the BIG10 (like Vandy does from the SEC) and go to "also-ran" bowls every once in a while.

This is the BIGGEST disappointment from this team in the 3 years we've been in the BIG10.  Not going to lie.  This one is embarrassing,. :(

Gotta cool our heels a little here. Durkin hasn't even been here a year yet. He got some good players there, but next year's class is his first full recruiting class, and is UMD's best in years.

This team is kinda mirroring the Skins. New regime inherits a crap roster, and has some early luck that raises expectations, yet reality remains...both have a lot of limitations, but are working in the right direction.

I'm giving Scotty Mac a couple more years to get the Skins up to contender speed, and I won't judge Durkin too harshly until 2018-19.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I'm giving Scotty Mac a couple more years to get the Skins up to contender speed, and I won't judge Durkin too harshly until 2018-19.

I'm not getting any younger, but Scotty and Durkin get 5 years each.  The Terps took a middle of the road program to the Big Ten East, and Durkin so far has done everything right.  Although 2018-19 better be 8-4 at worst.  

• Like 1

I'm not getting any younger either.  I was 24 the last time one of my pro teams (Skins) won a title.  2002 for the Terps BB. 

Seems like the more patient I get, the longer I have to wait on my teams.  We go through this song and dance every 4 years when a new coach is hired and I'm asked to give them time.  How many times do I have to do that?

Yeah, I'm sour grapes right now.  Just tired of watching my teams get the stones kicked out of them. 

I'm getting close to being like the millennials:  I want it and I want it now.  Just like J.G. Wentworth. 877-champ now.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 2

I know it's just DJs first year and I'm by all means, not looking for his head or anything.  Maybe I expected too much after the Edsall era. But if they want to be an elite team, you just don't drop a home game to Minnesota. I was hoping we'd get to 6-2 by beating the Gophers and getting a down MSU team at home before we face the gauntlet.  But the season is shot now. They need to save face and pull off an upset or two, but I'm not expecting it.

It takes time to build something. We fans want things too fast at times but we ignore that Minneaota has big 10 football players and have been recruiting those players for years. It's not a surprise at all that they beat Maryland's behinds. They probably should be favored against Maryland.

It will take years for this program to consistently be able to beat a decent Minnesota squad. Let Durkin figure that out, but t won't be his first season.

• Like 2

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Terps-Land-in-Coaches-Poll-Top-25-48377853

Terps Land in Coaches Poll Top-25

Maryland basketball is ranked No. 21 in the initial USA Today/Coaches Poll of the 2016-2017 season.

The Terps, who finished last season ranked 12th after making their first Sweet 16 appearance in 13 years, are a mild surprise in the rankings after losing four of five starters. But with a potential all-American in junior point guard Melo Trimble and an impressive recruiting class that includes three top-100 recruits -- guards Kevin Huerter and Anthony Cowan and forward Justin Jackson -- expectations remains high heading into Mark Turgeon's sixth season at the school.

Four Big Ten teams rank ahead of Maryland in the poll: Michigan State (ninth), Wisconsin (10), Indiana (12) and Purdue (15).

• Like 2