Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That one is an almost. 

Almost a a great team even play as a frosh, almost a great player to go to a team that lets a freshman play. 

Then there is indeed the off chance that is is a great player on a great team. 

Not sure great team is where the Terps are at just yet. Hopefully soon though. 

On 10/23/2016 at 8:49 AM, Long n Left said:

Excellent win by the Terps regardless of how poorly MSU is playing this year. MSU is a monster program, and besting them should always be celebrated.

Also, this puts the Terps one win away from bowl qualification, which would be a MAJOR triumph in DJ's first year. The remainder of the schedule has no gimmies, so if the Terps can nick one more, I will be thrilled!

I think Rutgers is a gimmie.

But they're staring at 3 straight blowouts @ Mich, OSU, and @ Neb back to back to back.  That's gonna be rough.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I think Rutgers is a gimmie.

But they're staring at 3 straight blowouts @ Mich, OSU, and @ Neb back to back to back.  That's gonna be rough.

Rutgers just played their guts out and barely lost to a team that throttled MD so i wouldn't consider it a gimme.

This Indiana game is a great test, because on paper MD and Indiana are neck and neck.  Actually Indy might be a better. They haven't given up 40 pts in a game and have only given up 30+ to Wake and OSU.

If they invent a flavor more bland than vanilla, they can call it MD Playcalling.  Not blaming the coaches, Hills just does not appear able to handle a whole lot. I am expecting some incredible things with next year's QBs.  Incredible, like hitting a wide open wide receiver 20+ yards away.

First, calling a long pass on this series just sows up how out of touch the coaches are.  He's been awful and the running game has been good.

After that fumble, Hills should NEVER play another down for the Terps.  See if the freshman can play and give him every snap the rest of the way.  Perry (and his 75 years at UMD) is over and we need to see how the other guys can do.

Losing to Minnesota and Indiana is an embarrassment to Maryland.

12 minutes ago, btfoom said:

After that fumble, Hills should NEVER play another down for the Terps.  See if the freshman can play and give him every snap the rest of the way.  

Piggs will get some playing time in the next few weeks as MD probably can't hang with Michigan or Ohio State. 

35 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Why, that's the level MD is. 

Yea, I think you're right, depending on how many tiers you want to go. MD middle to slightly lower than middle of the pack... for now. 2-3 recruiting class and it could be different. 

Would love to get some of the excitement back that atrophied after the first few years of Ralph and died with Edsall. 

• Like 2

Terps Mens soccer team plays the winner of the Big 10 play in game (#9 Rutgers vs #8 Michigan) on Sunday, November 6 at 4:00 in College Park.  The Terps completed an undefeated season at home and I hope to be there to watch them complete it that way on Sunday.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/103016aaa.html

Edited by btfoom