Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, btfoom said:

Actually, I think they provide 2 things.  First, good experience for the younger/newer players.  Second, and more importantly, the 'stick' that Durkin can use to make sure they understand a game is 4 quarters and need to finish strong to beat better teams.

Overall pleased with where this team appears to be.  Not buying tickets to National Championship game, but I think they can be competitive.

Sorry I'm late with a response.  Yes, I'm pleased with the first 2 games.  Not much to complain about. I'd like to shore up the run defense a bit.  But, yes, late scores will give DJ something to give them something to think about so they don't get complacent.

• Like 1

Check out this news:

MARYLAND & RUTGERS ANNOUNCE “BIG TEN BATTLE IN THE BRONX”

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211168696

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – The University of Maryland athletics department announced Tuesday it will take part in the “Big Ten Battle in the Bronx,” a football and wrestling doubleheader between Rutgers and Maryland, at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017. The event will be hosted by Rutgers University.

The outdoor wrestling match, which will be the first in the history of Yankee Stadium, will take place first, before DJ Durkin’s football program takes on Rutgers later that afternoon.

“We are thrilled to participate in such a prestigious event at one of the world’s most iconic sporting venues,” said Maryland director of athletics Kevin Anderson. “I am excited that our fans will have the opportunity to view both our football and wrestling programs on such a unique platform. We look forward to working with the New York Yankees, the Big Ten Conference and Rutgers University to make this a memorable event for all.”

<rest at link>

• Like 2

Dont mean to steal your thunder @braveonthewarpath but the basketball missed out on a 5 star big man.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/mens-basketball/2016/09/15/msu-izzo-hope-land-first-2017-recruit-jaren-jackson-jr/90399542/

Coming off his best incoming talent haul and a Hall of Fame induction, Tom Izzo has continued Michigan State’s recent recruiting run.

Jaren Jackson Jr. of La Lumiere School in LaPorte, Indiana, has chosen the Spartans this morning on his 17th birthday. The big man picked MSU over Purdue, Notre Dame, Maryland, and Georgetown are the 6-foot-10, 225-pound wing’s other finalists.

His daddy went to Georgetown and played in the NBA. They werent even in his final list.

Doesn't matter what the final score of this game is.  Michigan beat UCF like a rented mule.  UMd can't even score when they start the second half on the UCF 33 yard line.  The O-Line keeps giving up sacks and the Defense can't stop a 3rd and 13.

This team looks like a 4-8 right now.  Can't play Howard every week.

6 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Doesn't matter what the final score of this game is.  Michigan beat UCF like a rented mule.  UMd can't even score when they start the second half on the UCF 33 yard line.  The O-Line keeps giving up sacks and the Defense can't stop a 3rd and 13.

This team looks like a 4-8 right now.  Can't play Howard every week.

I dunno.

To me, this game is good for the Terps growth as a team.  The boys need an opponent that puts up a fight in order for them to gain confidence in themselves overall.  

Let's face it; Maryland ain't Winning the Big 10 this year, but Beating this team is definitely a step in the right direction.  

That being said, losing to UCF would be crushing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

you are comparing Mich to MD.  are you serious?  That like comparing Duke basketball to George Washington basketball

Hahahaaa!  They are programs on different levels, that's for sure.  And in that context, UCF must be viewed differently by the Turtles.  New regime, year 1 of a rebuild - I would agree that Maryland has no business taking Central Florida lightly.  These guys are not going to be an easy out.

Edited by Diehard Otis

7 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Hills is regressing to his usual "awful" self.  Taking too many sacks.  They look lethargic.  This game is reminiscent of a Randy Edsell coached team.  UCF went 0-12 last year. This would be embarrassing to lose.

I know that UCF had a poor year last season, but they're playing pretty damn hard tonight.  Gotta figure they had this one circled as the ballgame they'd make their mark in.  

Right now Maryland is driving.  A grind-it-out Win would be huge for Durkin...but conference play might get ugly with Hills taking the snaps.

Edited by Diehard Otis