Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What did you think of Ridley Scott's The Counselor?

darrelgreenie

Never heard of it. New?

Probably because it was that bad.  I have it on DVR, haven't watched it yet.  Came out late Summer 2013, currently getting a 35% on rotten, that's not very good.  Pretty big name cast too...Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Javier bordem. 

I can't speak on it yet as I haven't watched it, but it bombed in theaters and got below average reviews.

The Counselor is easily one of the most god awful movies I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. If all I was interested in was style I might have liked it. I'm not. I want a story and I don't think intentionally not telling one that makes sense is interesting. Trying to be shocking without any real point just makes the movie feel disjointed. That movie was so damn bad that I was mad for having sat through it.

I watched "Troll Hunter" the other night if that helps.

It was a hoot.

~Bang

That movie was so much better than I expected that I could hardly believe it. I want them to make more and maybe about other fairy tale monsters.

Saw it a week ago on tv. Was probably one of the worst movies ive seen in a while. The acting wasnt a problem. It had just about the same problem as Prometheus did. The writing was awful. What in the hell was the point of the movie. It just seemed like a who's who of actors cameoing every other second with played out cliches and no general direction, all while driving home a point that was entirely meaningless. Boo to you Ridley.

Except for the Cameron Diaz Ferrari scene. :blink:

Utter bullox. Great cast. Completely disjointed story. A shame really..Cormac McCarthy has some awesome books, however film adaptation was a total turd (and he was a part of the making of it!).

I'm holding out hope for a Blood Meridian adaptation. I don't know how they do it, but it would be awesome.

That movie was so much better than I expected that I could hardly believe it. I want them to make more and maybe about other fairy tale monsters.

I loved the typical Norwegian stoicism.. how matter-of-fact it all was. 

A great sense of humor in that movie, especially in the design of the trolls themselves. 

Great fun, but not at all corny.

~Bang

Ok I actually loved this movie. The storyline was cool, the meaning behind some scenes was thought provoking, and I just kinda felt in love with how they do business in this movie. It's a good gritty movie to me. Since we are on the movies topic I thought Godzilla sucked ass and Edge of Tomorrow was surprisingly good.

I also plan to watch Vanilla Sky sometime this week just because Kanye made a reference to it a long time ago.

Is it on Netflix or HBO or something?

Has anyone else seen the documentaries Beware of Mr Baker or Searching for Sugarman?

it's on HBO or Showtime.. just came out this month.  I haven't seen it yet.

Since we are on the movies topic I thought Godzilla sucked ass and Edge of Tomorrow was surprisingly good.

I had no expectations for Godzilla other than its gotta be better than the Mathew Broderick version.

Edge of Tomorrow was probably the best movie i saw all year. Really. They should have used the original name, " All You Need Is Kill. " But other than that, i loved that movie. Perfect balance of sci-fi, action, and humor with a great score.

I thought it was really bad, I just saw it on HBO the other night. It was really strange seeing Cameron Diaz trying to be philosophical and I just couldn't take her seriously in some scenes. 

To me Diaz was more sociopathic then philosophical, and I thought she pulled it off.

Archived