Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaguars announce plans to improve their stadium. (Colbert Sport Report)

Larry

OK, I posted this in Tailgate's Daily Show thread, because it's a really, really, funny segment of the Colbert Report. But it's also NFL related, and I figured lots of people would enjoy really laughing at the Jaguars.

Sport Report - Swimming Pools for Football Fans & Governors' Hockey Wager

The first 2:45 is about the Jaguars.  The reas is also an uproariously funny segment about the Stanley Cup Finals, and the bets made by the two state's governors. 

The Jaguars have unveiled a proposal to install swimming pools and 18 cabanas in under-used portions of their stadium.  But it gets even funnier.  I'll let people watch the video. 

I must be the only one to think this is a good idea.

Obviously it has nothing to do with football, but I feel very few things do with the Jags. The ownership is looking for revenue, and they have plans to make their stadium the biggest party spot in the NFL. Not to mad at them. If I could afford tickets I would so be in there.

I would be PISSED if the Skins did something like this though.

I must be the only one to think this is a good idea.

Obviously it has nothing to do with football, but I feel very few things do with the Jags. The ownership is looking for revenue, and they have plans to make their stadium the biggest party spot in the NFL. Not to mad at them. If I could afford tickets I would so be in there.

I would be PISSED if the Skins did something like this though.

swimming at FedEX in december? no thanks! :lol:

That's very courteous of the owner to build pools so the fans can drown themselves after watching their team get destroyed.

ohhh wowwww. that is bad!!! but somehow i am laughing at it

• 1 month later...

And to celebrate, Justin Blackmon gets busted for pot.

http://www.news9.com/story/26101898/former-osu-football-player-justin-blackmon-arrested-for-marijuana-possession

Is Blackmon the dumbest player in the NFL? Smoke ANYWHERE but your car. You are ****ing rich!! This is the kind of dumb **** teenagers do to hide it from their parents, not millionaire adults. 

What an idiot.  Honestly

Is Blackmon the dumbest player in the NFL? Smoke ANYWHERE but your car. You are ****ing rich!! This is the kind of dumb **** teenagers do to hide it from their parents, not millionaire adults. 

I don't know, this season it seems that young NFL millionaires are ready to toss their careers out the window before they even get started.  Between Manziel, Gordon, and Blackmon I'm not sure anyone could be any dumber.  Manziel's just been lucky enough not to be officially caught by the league or the police yet.

What an idiot.  Honestly

I don't know, this season it seems that young NFL millionaires are ready to toss their careers out the window before they even get started.  Between Manziel, Gordon, and Blackmon I'm not sure anyone could be any dumber.  Manziel's just been lucky enough not to be officially caught by the league or the police yet.

Agreed, and I don't buy any excuses for Manziel's rolled up bill. I don't know why at this point, but that was shocking to me. There's exactly one reason he's rolling up that bill, and getting caught with that is going to be a whole lot worse than a slap on the wrist and some bad press.

Agreed, and I don't buy any excuses for Manziel's rolled up bill. I don't know why at this point, but that was shocking to me. There's exactly one reason he's rolling up that bill, and getting caught with that is going to be a whole lot worse than a slap on the wrist and some bad press.

The only thing I have to wonder is what exactly he was putting up there, was it simply the white stuff? Was it the MDMA the kids love so much these days? Are they crushing up painkillers/ADD meds? Little bit of everything? It's all bad, but different substances require different methods of dealing with the addiction and access.

The only thing I have to wonder is what exactly he was putting up there, was it simply the white stuff? Was it the MDMA the kids love so much these days? Are they crushing up painkillers/ADD meds? Little bit of everything? It's all bad, but different substances require different methods of dealing with the addiction and access.

I do agree with you here EMB.  I think the league needs to find a better way to deal with players than alienating them for long periods of time.  I think substance abuse programs should be part of every player's suspension, otherwise you're just leaving these guys on their own and assuming they'll get better cold turkey.  It still pisses me off to see people throw away careers like this.

See my issue isn't even with the player's actions, per se.  I'm not so concerned if someone wants to smoke marijuana or drink until they pass out or party all the time.  My problem is with their belief that they are untouchable.  

You've got a guy who played one really good season for a rookie and has been suspended since, with the exception of 4 games - Blackmon

You've got a guy who had one good rookie campaign, followed by an amazing season who's now gone for at least 1 full season, and that was before he was arrested twice - Gordon

Then, you've got a rookie who was a hit in college but no one's sure how his game translates to the NFL and he doesn't look like he's going to last long anyway because he refuses to at least be somewhat sensible about his nocturnal activities - Manziel

These guys just seem to think they're untouchable when the other (currently near 3,000) NFL players have to at least ATTEMPT to hide their activity.  Just stupid.  That's why I don't care if it bites them in the ***.  I hope all of them get hammered.  Nothing incites character change like the realization that your rich dad or your immense talent isn't always enough to get you out of the consequences you've built for yourself.

Archived