Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Move to Raleigh area (Wake Forest) from NOVA.

whats up?

I thought I saw a thread about people from Raleigh area before, but I cant find it.

Who is from this area? Looking for other Skins fans for when the season kicks off. 

Also, I am not used to being away from the DC area and not having Redskins as the default games on TV each week. Any advice for making sure I can catch all the games this year? Going to sports bars, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc...? Are there people here who get together for games?

thanks!

• 1 month later...

we dont mind the culture down here. definitely niece break after basically spending my whole life in NOVA. just gotta figure out the whole game watching situation.

i am thinking of buying a SlingBox and setting it up at someones house in DC area for the season.

Enough time in the Carolinas will make you love the smell of tobacco, LOL. There are places that are the most very precious and special to my soul, and memories of times I wouldn't trade for anything.

If you want "where the blacktop ends", you can find it. And it's wonderful.

so, anyone watching the preseason game thursday? Trying to make sure I can see it... any chance some sports bars down here will have it on?

Zero chance, it's not in our market and it's not being aired on NFL Network.  The only way you are going to be able to watch the game is by watching it online.  I actually just dropped $16 and signed up for access to all the preseason games (online) to watch all the Skins games.  

I have done that every year and am pleased with the quality, it's in HD.  Not to mention, you get every preseason game for all the teams and can go watch how other teams are doing.  Or rewatch the skins games, or watch it when you have time, doesn't have to be live.

You can sign up for it on NFL.com, the coupon code I used was "rep15" got me 15% off the $19.99 fee.

The only Redskins pre-season game you are going to get to watch on TV in NC is the Monday night one against the Browns week 2, because it's the only prime-time preseason game we have this year.

Not for Redskins games, but Wake Forest has a really good brewery in their downtown: White Street Brewing. If you have any questions about the area let me know as I coached at Wake Forest HS for 10 years so I spent a lot of time up there. I can't tell you much about where the Skins are on TV cause I officiate football so Sundays I'm at home with Sunday Ticket.

Players Retreat is a good bar for sure. Tobacco Road is a good a good sports bar for anything going on.

My sister is Dukie. I loved going to Durham! 

We have a shortlist of places to move to and Raleigh, Charlotte are among them.

I stop by on my way home from visiting the fam in NOVA on my vacations, Cameron blew my husband's mind the first time I took him (I'd been a half dozen times before at least),"This is what I see on TV!" he was like a little kid!(just like I was my first time there.)

LOL  If it helps, we are a UNCC family first because me and the wife both graduated from there.

Our shades of blue are our only divide...HTTR!

The only Redskins pre-season game you are going to get to watch on TV in NC is the Monday night one against the Browns week 2, because it's the only prime-time preseason game we have this year.

Just FYI for you and the other Charlotte area Redskins fans, I emailed WSOC a few days ago and asked them if they were going to be showing the Skins preseason games like they did last year. They said they would be broadcasting the Aug. 23 game against the Ravens. So that's two games we get to see on regular TV in Charlotte. 

Archived