Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cliven Bundy Ranch Standoff

GoSkins561

Has anyone been following this?

It seems tensions are really starting to grow and Militias are slowly starting to show up to help this guy "protect" his ranch and his live stock. 

This will get real interesting, if any shots are fired, who knows how far the Feds are willing to take it.

Showdown on the range: Nevada rancher, feds face off over cattle grazing rights

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/us/nevada-rancher-rangers-cattle-showdown/index.html

(CNN) -- A 20-year dispute between a Nevada rancher and federal rangers over illegal cattle grazing erupted into an Old West-style showdown on the open range this week, even prompting self-proclaimed members of militia groups from across the country to join the rancher in fighting what they say is U.S. "tyranny."

What began as a legal fight between longtime rancher Cliven Bundy and the U.S. Bureau of Land Management has escalated as Bundy kept his cattle on the federal land, and the government has responded by beginning roundups of the livestock.

A confrontation teetered on violence Wednesday when Bundy family members and dozens of supporters angrily confronted a group of rangers holding Tasers and barking dogs on leashes near Bunkerville, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

Federal officials say a police dog was kicked and officers were assaulted

People getting tazed

How far the Feds will take it:  Ruby Ridge, Waco.  That's how far.

the 1st Amendment zone is a complete joke, other than that, does this Bundy guy have anything to argue about?

His cattle are not on his property,  am I missing something?

Why does the BLM have a police force?

Wow.  That's an interesting story.

Hard to argue with this...

"I love you people. And I love this land, and I love freedom and liberty," Bundy told the crowd. "I know without doubt that our Constitution didn't provide for anything like the federal government owning this land, and so when I pay my grazing fees -- if I owe any grazing fees -- I will sure pay it to the right landlord, and that will be to Clark County, Nevada."

How far the Feds will take it:  Ruby Ridge, Waco.  That's how far.

I actually got to meet Sarah Weaver in person and hear her story. She did a special with William Shatner about it. Crazy how they just shot her mom like that.

Actually seems fairly easy to argue with...

yeah, but it will be interesting to see if it helps move the returning federal land to the states movement.

hopefully things don't get out of hand

I actually got to meet Sarah Weaver in person and hear her story. She did a special with William Shatner about it. Crazy how they just shot her mom like that.

Edit: and her mother was holding a baby in her arms when they shot her.

And her brother was shot. And the family dog.

Awful stuff.

What right do the Feds have to controlling "public land"?

I do agree, this is not about "protecting a turtle"

"Public" meaning owned by the government and available for public use. But not necessarily free public use, right? There are admission fees to public national parks, mostly to pay to maintain them. If his cattle grazing are causing wear and tear to the public lands, should he not have to pay grazing fees to compensate? 

Unfortunately, Alex Jones and other whackos will ruin the actual substance of this situation.

This has an interview from one of the bundy brothers from inside the ranch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHyXJKIhkg

"Public" meaning owned by the government and available for public use. But not necessarily free public use, right? There are admission fees to public national parks, mostly to pay to maintain them. If his cattle grazing are causing wear and tear to the public lands, should he not have to pay grazing fees to compensate? 

There are two ways to view this, his cattle are not actually causing wear and tear, they are providing maintenance that keeps it healthy, maybe the Feds should start paying him?

There are two ways to view this, his cattle are not actually causing wear and tear, they are providing maintenance that keeps it healthy, maybe the Feds should start paying him?

You don't get to unilaterally decide what laws you are going to follow.  Even if you own cattle and have guns.

Did you get to talk to the family of Deputy U.S. Marshal William Francis Degan also?

Well, in that case, then he should withdraw is cattle until the federal government begs him to bring them back.

This is like walking into a house that is cluttered and taking the stuff you want and claiming you are helping them control their clutter.

Or a grocery store and taking the stuff that is going to expire relatively soon and claiming you are helping them by controlling their disposal costs.

Well, in that case, then he should withdraw is cattle until the federal government begs him to bring them back.

This is like walking into a house that is cluttered and taking the stuff you want and claiming you are helping them control their clutter.

Or a grocery store and taking the stuff that is going to expire relatively soon and claiming you are helping them by controlling their disposal costs.

Except, his family was using the land for grazing cattle long before the Feds changed the rules.

Except, his family was using the land for grazing cattle long before the Feds changed the rules.

Okay, That's like going into a grocery store and leaving the same amount of money that you would have 20 years ago for the same products.

It is their stuff.  They get to change the rules if the want to.

Laws change.  We deal with them.   If you think you have a good argument about your property rights, you take your case to the courts.  Often you win.   Or you reach a compromise.

Or you can hole up in a shack, scream about oppression and point guns at everyone.

Laws change.  We deal with them.   If you think you have a good argument about your property rights, you take your case to the courts.  Often you win.   Or you reach a compromise.

Or you can hole up in a shack, scream about oppression and point guns at everyone.

Apparantly, Bundy thinks he has a great argument, so do his supporters.

I admire the restraint showed by the Federal rangers in that clip.

Bureau of Land Management Police?  Who knew, does every Fed Agency have special forces now?

What about the 1st Amendment Zone?  Do people actually think this is okay?

Again the Federal Government has property rights too. And btw it looks like Clive unilaterally changed the rules first - he stopped paying the government fee years ago now the government is expelling/seizing his cattle (for another reason - but heck should have siezed them years ago for back rent).

The free speach zone should and has been criticized (Example the Nevada Governor did so but didn't really object to the siezing fo the cattle).

Archived