Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Loud Music Murder Trial

Bubble Screen

Then it's self defense. And it's not Murder 2, it's no crime at all.

(I will also throw the "Zimmerman got out of his car" line at you, too.) :)

that would hinge on perceived being the reality the jury sees.

your judgement is always second guessed and it is murder 2 if they disagree....despite the absence of premeditation

add

the prosecution in the Z case would need to demonstrate a determination to do harm , getting out is perfectly fine,just as carrying his gun was

now if he drove home to get his gun

Please feel free to bless all the ignorant people who do not possess the absolute knowledge which you, and only you, possess.

I would think that a good way to do so, would by to create a hypothetical example of a situation in which Murder 2 is the correct charge, under your so far unannounced standard.

Some imaginary situation in which it can be proven that a person intended to kill, (and to kill an innocent person, as opposed to in self defense), but who it can also be proven did not think about his actions for a millisecond.

Easy.

Murder one is the scene in Goodfellas were Tommy shoots and kills Spider. One second, they are busting balls. The next second, he shoots him in the chest.

Murder two would the earlier scene where Tommy shoots Spider in the leg. Say it hits the femoral artery and Spider bleeds out.  There was not intent to kill there, but there was emnity toward the victim and acted without regard to human life.

He fired at the vehicle as it was driving away from him, the perceived threat (of loud music, LOL) was no longer there

Here's a fun 1L Criminal Law mid-term question.

I am planning to murder Larry. I aim my gun, but I'm a pansy liberal who has never fired a weapon. I miss terribly and instead hit and kill twa.

What crime did I commit?

Attempted murder & manslaughter 2.

I am planning to murder Larry. I aim my gun, but I'm a pansy liberal who has never fired a weapon. I miss terribly and instead hit and kill twa.

What crime did I commit?

Felony murder.

I watch TV. :)

What crime did I commit?

Horrible posting and bad case of straw-man?   :P

Yes.

You committed a felony (Assault with a deadly weapon). And someone died. (twa)

Murder 1.

It's not felony murder.

It is murder one. (In Pennsylvania, felony murder was muder two. I actually think it is that in Florida as well).

It is murder one because my intent to kill Larry gets transferred to twa. However, if I just winged twa, the transferred intent does not go to him and I cannot be charged with attempted murder of twa (just Larry).

Fun, huh?

Horrible posting and bad case of straw-man?

Shoo, fly.

It's not felony murder.

It is murder one. (In Pennsylvania, felony murder was muder two. I actually think it is that in Florida as well).

It is murder one because my intent to kill Larry gets transferred to twa. However, if I just winged twa, the transferred intent does not go to him and I cannot be charged with attempted murder of twa (just Larry).

Fun, huh?

Shoo, fly.

Oh, so you are the only one who can be sarcastic posting here?

It's not felony murder.

Fun, huh?

OK, do I win anything for knowing there was "attempted" in there somewhere? LOL

I thought the attempted went to Larry, but gross negligence would be twa's killing? (making it man 2)

What crime did I commit?

What crime did I commit?

What color skin does twa have in this scenario?

(ducks)

What crime did I commit?

Well, if you are cop in certain jurisdictions and your victim is an unarmed black man?

Paid administrative leave.

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.yahoo.com/fla-man-gets-life-prison-loud-music-killing-155430146.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man convicted of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a teenager in an argument over loud music outside a Jacksonville convenience store was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole.

"Mr. Dunn, your life is effectively over," Healey said. "What is sad ... is that this case exemplifies that our society seems to have lost its way."The life sentence imposed by Circuit Judge Russell Healey was mandatory for 47-year-old Michael Dunn after prosecutors decided not to seek the death penalty.

Dunn was convicted of first-degree murder at a second trial in September after jurors deadlocked on the charge at his initial trial in February. Prosecutors say Dunn, who is white, fired 10 times into a sport utility vehicle carrying black teenagers in November 2012 and killed 17-year-old Jordan Davis of Marietta, Georgia.

Archived