Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

He was expendable with all the young arms we have. Great guy though. Wish him nothing but the best.

Ironic with the history (current and past) of arm injuries the Braves have had. I'm sure the Braves would love to have him back this year, knowing what they do now about their rotation.

Especially since he is costing the Giants $2.5mil less than BJ Upton is costing the Braves this year (or $3 mil less than that young arm Ervin Santana is costing them).

:)

Dude, it's common knowledge that Freeman is the Braves' best hitter. The fact that the Braves have had great success with Heyward at the top of the order doesn't change that.

I'll clue you in on something else: usually a team's best hitter hits in the third slot. Remember that Chipper Jones guy? Take a guess where he hit in the order.

Stick to the Nats, bro.

LMAO

Are you serious? The Braves are like  125-37 in the last 162 games that Heyward has played. But go ahead and believe that Freeman is the best hitter because he "hits third." Guess that's why Freeman spent more time not hitting third than he did hitting third last season, huh? I guess Albert Pujols is the best hitter on the Angels because he hits third, amirite?

Typical Barves fan.

LMAO

Are you serious? The Braves are like 125-37 in the last 162 games that Heyward has played. But go ahead and believe that Freeman is the best hitter because he "hits third." Guess that's why Freeman spent more time not hitting third than he did hitting third last season, huh? I guess Albert Pujols is the best hitter on the Angels because he hits third, amirite?

Typical Barves fan.

Dude, you make ZERO sense. First off, the Braves aren't 125-37 in the last 162 games Heyward has played. And if that WERE the case, that stat alone means nothing. Dan Uggla played nearly every game for us last year and he STINKS. And how did we go from discussing the Braves' success with Heyward hitting lead off to what their record was when he plays 162 games? Those are two different discussions, entirely.

I don't think Freeman is the best hitter 'just' because he hits third. I clearly said "usually" a team's best hitter hits in the third spot. And that is true. You inserting Pujols' name into it is silly. Freeman was a borderline MVP candidate last year. Doesn't that tell you something?

Serious question: did you just start following baseball when the Nats came to town?

Dude, you make ZERO sense. First off, the Braves aren't 125-37 in the last 162 games Heyward has played. And if that WERE the case, that stat alone means nothing. Dan Uggla played nearly every game for us last year and he STINKS. And how did we go from discussing the Braves' success with Heyward hitting lead off to what their record was when he plays 162 games? Those are two different discussions, entirely.

I don't think Freeman is the best hitter 'just' because he hits third. I clearly said "usually" a team's best hitter hits in the third spot. And that is true. You inserting Pujols' name into it is silly. Freeman was a borderline MVP candidate last year. Doesn't that tell you something?

Serious question: did you just start following baseball when the Nats came to town?

First off, I have forgotten more about baseball than you'll know. I was following this game before you were born. So easy with the snotty comments and remember, you're a Braves fan.

Second, you literally said, Freeman is the best hitter and that's why he hits third. If that were the case, why was Freeman not hitting third last season for over half his at bats? That's where the best hit, right?

Borderline MVP candidate? Exactly no one voted for him to be MVP last season. No one. He didn't receive a single first place vote last season. In fact, no one put him in their top 3. He was no where near an MVP candidate last season.

Ironic with the history (current and past) of arm injuries the Braves have had. I'm sure the Braves would love to have him back this year, knowing what they do now about their rotation.

Especially since he is costing the Giants $2.5mil less than BJ Upton is costing the Braves this year (or $3 mil less than that young arm Ervin Santana is costing them).

:)

Everyone can play the hindsight game. At the time, letting Huddy go was understandable. The Braves had no way of knowing they were going to lose both Medlen and Beachy. Simply put, we had an abundance of arms at the time. And we had to sign a lot of our younger position players to long term deals.

They had no choice but to spend what they did on Santana. Besides, I think you're getting ahead of yourself with the gloating. The first week isn't even over. But like I said, I wish the guy well. The Braves didn't want to let the guy leave. Just business.

First off, I have forgotten more about baseball than you'll know. I was following this game before you were born. So easy with the snotty comments and remember, you're a Braves fan.

Second, you literally said, Freeman is the best hitter and that's why he hits third. If that were the case, why was Freeman not hitting third last season for over half his at bats? That's where the best hit, right?

Borderline MVP candidate? Exactly no one voted for him to be MVP last season. No one. He didn't receive a single first place vote last season. In fact, no one put him in their top 3. He was no where near an MVP candidate last season.

I'll respond to this mularkey later. Have work to do and I've already wasted enough time with you.

You know so much about baseball that you don't even know who the best hitter on your favorite team's rival is lol. And what's funny about that is its OBVIOUS who our best hitter is. It wasn't a "snotty" comment. It was a serious question. Some of your comments led me to believe you didn't start following baseball until the Nats arrived. And you don't need to remind me I'm a Braves fan. I'm quite aware of that, as I've been a fan for 30+ years. We're the team that finished 10 games ahead of the gNats; the team that was projected to win the WS.

As for the MVP comment: yes, he absolutely was in the discussion for MVP. By "borderline candidate", I was saying he had an outside chance at winning the MVP. Note, I never said he 'should' have won it. Obviously, McCutchen was the most deserving, hence why he got all but two first place votes.

Anyway, here ya go:

"127 G, .307/.383/.483, 45 XBH (19 HR), 96 RBI, 73 R

Case for NL MVP

The Braves handed Freddie Freeman the everyday first base job as a 21-year-old in 2011, and after posting a .795 OPS in his first season and a .796 OPS last year, he has taken his offensive game up a notch this year.

His .866 OPS this season ranks ninth in the National League, and he is fourth in RBI behind only Paul Goldschmidt, Brandon Phillips and Allen Craig.

The Braves offense has been streaky all season and dealt with a good deal of injuries as well, but Freeman has been a steadying force in the middle of the lineup throughout the year.

Despite their inconsistency at times, the Braves still have the best record in the National League, and if one person can be pointed to as their most valuable, it is undoubtedly Freeman.

Being the most valuable player on the league's top team is enough to make Freeman a legitimate candidate, albeit the dark horse of this NL group."

^^ write up from BR with about 3 weeks to go.

http://bbwaa.com/13-nl-mvp/

Not a single top 3 vote. Not an MVP candidate. Werth was more of an MVP candidate than Freeman. Hell, Chris Johnson was more of an MVP candidate than Freeman.

Dude, you are clueless lol. If you finished 5th in the MVP voting, you were a candidate for MVP. Hell, the article I posted CLEARLY states Freeman was a candidate for MVP lmao. READ, man!! And how was Werth more deserving of the MVP than Freeman when Werth finished 13th in the voting and Freeman 5th?!?!?! ROFL

I remember for a long time Slateman was posting and nobody could see the posts. Is it possible to put that in place again, this time including Bubble Screen as well?

Dude, would you stop with the nonsense. Do you see what the guy is posting? He makes no sense at all. You even provide the guy with proof and he still doesn't get it.

Dude, would you stop with the nonsense. Do you see what the guy is posting? He makes no sense at all. You even provide the guy with proof and he still doesn't get it.

I haven't read any posts on this entire page until this one. Sounds like you probably shouldn't either. 

Dude, you are clueless lol. If you finished 5th in the MVP voting, you were a candidate for MVP. Hell, the article I posted CLEARLY states Freeman was a candidate for MVP lmao. READ, man!! And how was Werth more deserving of the MVP than Freeman when Werth finished 13th in the voting and Freeman 5th?!?!?! ROFL

Okay, you go ahead and believe that.

By that logic, Matt Carpenter is a much better player than Freddie Freeman.

Not a single voter believed Freddie Freeman deserved to be the MVP of the NL. Not one.

Okay, you go ahead and believe that.

By that logic, Matt Carpenter is a much better player than Freddie Freeman.

Not a single voter believed Freddie Freeman deserved to be the MVP of the NL. Not one.

Again, I never said he should have 'won' the MVP, just that he was a candidate. You were arguing he wasn't even in the discussion. Now you're changing things up.

Again, I never said he should have 'won' the MVP, just that he was a candidate. You were arguing he wasn't even in the discussion. Now you're changing things up.

He wasn't. No one voted for him to be MVP. He was in the discussion as much as Jayson Werth or Russell Martin in that they received a vote somewhere. But no one actually considered him in the mix for being an MVP.

He wasn't. No one voted for him to be MVP. He was in the discussion as much as Jayson Werth or Russell Martin in that they received a vote somewhere. But no one actually considered him in the mix for being an MVP.

There is no point in debating anything with you, man. If no one voted for him, then how did he end up with the 5th most votes? lol

There is no point in debating anything with you, man. If no one voted for him, then how did he end up with the 5th most votes? lol

This isn't that complicated. Nobody had him higher than 4th on their ballot. Actually the three guys immediately below him all had a few 3rd place votes. Anyway, it's just as pointless of a topic and I still wish you both would go away. 

Please list the people who voted him MVP. I'll wait.

If you have to ask this question, you don't understand the process by which end of seasons awards are given.

This isn't that complicated. Nobody had him higher than 4th on their ballot. Actually the three guys immediately below him all had a few 3rd place votes. Anyway, it's just as pointless of a topic and I still wish you both would go away.

You're confusing my point. I never said he was deserving of the MVP, just that he was in the discussion. I could post countless articles to Slate saying this very thing and he still wouldn't get it.

Come on, the guy doesn't even know that Freeman is the Braves' top hitter. Silly, right?

And then he has the audacity to say that Werth and Martin were as much of an MVP candidate as Freeman (5th), when Werth was 13th in the voting and Martin 24th!!

Freeman 154

Werth 20

Martin 1

Clearly equals!

You're confusing my point. I never said he was deserving of the MVP, just that he was in the discussion. I could post countless articles to Slate saying this very thing and he still wouldn't get it.

Come on, the guy doesn't even know that Freeman is the Braves' top hitter. Silly, right?

And then he has the audacity to say that Werth and Martin were as much of an MVP candidate as Freeman (5th), when Werth was 13th in the voting and Martin 24th!!

Freeman 154

Werth 20

Martin 1

Clearly equals!

Still waiting for you to list anyone who voted for Freddie Freeman.

Hint: It's the same number as people who voted for Jayson Werth or Russell Martin to be MVP.

Still waiting for you to list anyone who voted for Freddie Freeman.

Hint: It's the same number as people who voted for Jayson Werth or Russell Martin to be MVP.

Still waiting for you to learn what the word "candidate" means. Scroll up to the article I posted. Clearly states Freeman was a "candidate" for MVP. Meaning, when the voting process started, he was in the discussion. Martin and Werth clearly, were not.

That's your problem, man. You don't read. And when you are proven wrong, you steer the conversation in another direction entirely.

Candidate - A prospective recipient of an award or honor.

Just because some writer says he is, doesn't mean he was. Freeman was as much in the discussion as Werth, Martin, and Carpenter were. Which is not at all. The best anyone thought was that Freedie Freeman was the fourth most deserving player of the MVP award and no one actually thought he deserved it. In fact, no one considered him Top 3.

Puig scratched from the Dodgers line-up after arriving late to the ball park. The guy is a total idiot. Really wouldn't be shocked to see him traded by the deadline with the depth the Dodgers have in the outfield. 

He probably grabbed a body part and grimaced.

Hyun-Jin Ryu is getting lit up.

**** L.A.

Puig scratched from the Dodgers line-up after arriving late to the ball park. The guy is a total idiot. Really wouldn't be shocked to see him traded by the deadline with the depth the Dodgers have in the outfield. 

No way.

For one, that outfield is way too easily injured. Second, Puig has far too much potential and ability.

If they're getting rid of anyone, it's Either.

Archived