Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Worse 'MLB Thread' ever. Get over the stupid Braves/Nats war.

Anyhow, BoSox probably gonna be there in the end again. Built for regular season and post-season. Chemistry so important in baseball. I think their bats will carry them in the first half of season and the arms will be ready in Aug/Sept/Oct.

Worse 'MLB Thread' ever. Get over the stupid Braves/Nats war.

Anyhow, BoSox probably gonna be there in the end again. Built for regular season and post-season. Chemistry so important in baseball. I think their bats will carry them in the first half of season and the arms will be ready in Aug/Sept/Oct.

Still have some concerns over how the extended postseason will affect their pitchers, at least to start the season.  Buchholz's arm was totally dead by the end of the Series. 

If Lackey pitches like he did last year and somehow Buchholz and Peavy can stay healthy (highly unlikely, I know), they will be in the mix again.  I'm anxious to see how Doubront does this season.  I think it's pretty much make or break time for him.

Ha ha...not counting on Felix for much. I think he's destined for middle relief. He has periodic, non-sustained flashes of very-goodness. Good middle relief material.

As far as arms/health go, that's why I'm hoping they take the first half 'off' to some extent. You can def count at least 1 15 day DL stint for Clay. Peavy will probably have some spot skip starts. This is what I mean by having the bats cover them during these times.

Slate: to be fair, you can't really compare the Strasburg situation to Beachy. Stras was/is the face of your franchise, while Beachy wasn't even drafted, I don't think. Of course Stras is going to be handled with kid gloves.

I'm just saying that it wasn't the right move, imo. There is no guarantee he would have gotten hurt, had he pitched more innings that year. Plus, he was dying to pitch longer. It's not like they would have been forcing anything on him. You guys may not ever get that close to winning a WS again. You gotta strike when the iron's hot.

You guys can call me an idiot all you want, but a LOT of great baseball minds questioned that move. So did probably half your fan base. Like I said, it's all good. Being a Braves fan, I'm glad Rizzo chose that path.

Yeah, and a LOT of "great" baseball minds held up Medlan as an example of how you should handle a guy. Notice the crickets from those great minds now? Yet you're still chirpin about how the Nats bungled Strasburg and absolving the Braves of any responsibility for 2 (possibly 3) current players having to undergo a second TJS.  3 pitchers on a major league staff. 20%. That is not insignificant and not a coincidence.

Ha ha...not counting on Felix for much. I think he's destined for middle relief. He has periodic, non-sustained flashes of very-goodness. Good middle relief material.

As far as arms/health go, that's why I'm hoping they take the first half 'off' to some extent. You can def count at least 1 15 day DL stint for Clay. Peavy will probably have some spot skip starts. This is what I mean by having the bats cover them during these times.

Everything I've heard on him this spring sounds positive.  It would be nice if he can be a solid 5th starter.

Speaking of relief, after suffering through Breslow down the stretch, it will be nice having Miller back.  When that dude is on, he's lights out.

You were probably smiling as you were posting that, huh.

Sickening.

Yup, cause I never posted this:

Popeman38, on 14 Mar 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Sheez, now Beachy is seeing Dr Andrews and likely to face a 2nd TJ in addition to Medlan. That sucks out loud.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2014/3/14/5508586/brandon-beachy-to-see-dr-james-andrews

EDIT: just beaten to it by f_trizzy.

Stay classy BS, stay classy.

My apologies, Pope. I had you confused with Slateman, who said the Braves didn't care about our pitchers. Thus why they keep getting injured.

Just pissed at all these injuries to our staff, is all.

It's all good. We argued about the Nats bungling Strasburg. We disagree on that.

I hate the Braves, but I don't want to beat them injured because that builds in an excuse. I want to beat them when they are at 100%. Makes it more satisfying.

I can't help but laugh at Max Scherzer and his agent's refusal on that insane overpayment offer (extension) from the Tigers.

Who turns down 6 years for $144mil?

Yea, but the Tigers put that press release out and now Boras is never going to send a client there again.  You can hate Boras all you want, but he has a significant size of the high end talent in the majors, and the Tigers just ruined a business relationship.

The Tigers might be really thankful he didn't accept that offer

I agree. He posted a career low .259 BABIP. I don't see him repeating that. Not saying he won't be good. He just won't be Cy Young good.

I hate baseball contracts.  No one is worth $24 million a year.

I would pay Trout twice that.

I just read that my Giants offered Panda (Pablo Sandoval) a 3 yr $40mil deal and he turned it down because he's looking for a 5yr $90mil deal.

Personally, I thought $13+mil a year was insane for an extremely overweight but talented 3B.

$18mil ayear? No thanks.

I hate baseball contracts.  No one is worth $24 million a year.

You mean generational talent Bryce Harper and generational talent Stephen Strasburg aren't worth that???

Ludicris.

:lol:

Archived