Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Reid Twitter: "I'm totally cool with the amount of stuff Shanny has leaked to me"

Boss_Hogg

Negative leaks or not the head coach of a professional football team (I say professional football team loosely) is leaking stuff to the media. When was the last time you've seen or heard an NFL coach do this? Not even that boob Zorn stooped that low and he was disrespected 100x more.

Just stop it. This isn't even a real leak. Shanahan told him that nothing is certain and anyone including RG3 can be a bust but it would be stupid to think that yet.  It's hardly even news. IT"S COMMON SENSE.

You just want to **** about every little thing he does. I'm surprised you haven't started a thread complaining about the way he combs his hair or wipes his ass.  At this point you are just spamming the board with irrational hate and it's really getting played out.

So you don't have a beef with an NFL coach leaking inside info to the media? Shan needs to keep this stuff in house. I don't care if it's negative or positive. The leaks have to stop.

HE DID NOT LEAK INSIDE INFO.  HE MADE A COMMON SENSE STATEMENT.

AGAIN....  Reid said Shanahan was NOT THE SOURCE for the story about RG3 being too close to Snyder. 

Period. End of NON STORY.

Just stop it. This isn't even a real leak. Shanahan told him that nothing is certain and anyone including RG3 can be a bust but it would be stupid to think that yet.  It's hardly even news. IT"S COMMON SENSE.

You just want to **** about every little thing he does. I'm surprised you haven't started a thread complaining about the way he combs his hair or wipes his ass.  At this point you are just spamming the board with irrational hate and it's really getting played out.

SMH, you don't get it.

Read my post history before the "Shanahan wants to quit" story leaked before the KC game. I was on board with bringing back the entire coaching staff. In fact I defended them and said they deserve a 5th year due to a myriad of issues involving the cap penalty and Rob's injury.

I have a problem with an NFL coach leaking inside info to the media. Joe Gibbs would've never done that. Have some integrity dammit, keep the **** in house and away from the 24 hour media.

Now about that hair and ass thread....

We have a saying my Gallic friend: 'You can't educate pork.'

Which basically means whomever is incapable of understanding the point as a piece of meat. Or just plain pig ignorant. 

People are only gona' see what they want to see regardless. 

So why bother explaining further? Shanahan's doing a FINE job of hanging himself in a VERY public manner. 

Hail. 

What a fitting statement

Danny Smith left us because he wanted to work for Pittsburgh.  He didn't do a great job here in my opinion, and was overrated.  But compared to Burns he looks like Wayne Sevier (RIP) right about now.

So multiple coaches have failed to improve special teams.... Must be the coaching.

It cant be the talent level after the 100 million dollar Haynsworth fiasco signing and the ridiculous cap hit penalty we were given for trying to clear some of that space. Who needs 36 million dollars with of talent anyway?

[/sarcasm]

boss is there a reason you are keeping the title despite warnings? e.g. is there a point you wish to be made by keeping the title present tense?

I edited the title.

I didn't see or get any notifications in regards to a MODS warning. I actually thought I was in trouble for something else.

SMH, you don't get it.

Read my post history before the "Shanahan wants to quit" story leaked before the KC game. I was on board with bringing back the entire coaching staff. In fact I defended them and said they deserve a 5th year due to a myriad of issues involving the cap penalty and Rob's injury.

I have a problem with an NFL coach leaking inside info to the media. Joe Gibbs would've never done that. Have some integrity dammit, keep the **** in house and away from the 24 hour media.

Now about that hair and ass thread....

Ah, I see. So after Shanahan was going to quit... a story that he denied, sounds completely ridiculous, and has no evidence to back it up... you want to fire him. Gotcha. 

So if I write a story that you are a murderer with no evidence to back it up, you should be sent to prison right?

What a fitting statement

Ironic isn't it?  :P

Ah, I see. So after Shanahan was going to quit... a story that he denied, sounds completely ridiculous, and has no evidence to back it up... you want to fire him. Gotcha. 

So if I write a story that you are a murderer with no evidence to back it up, you should be sent to prison right?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/11/adam-schefter-snyder-knew-shanahan-wanted-to-quit/

So multiple coaches have failed to improve special teams.... Must be the coaching.

It cant be the talent level after the 100 million dollar Haynsworth fiasco signing and the ridiculous cap hit penalty we were given for trying to clear some of that space. Who needs 36 million dollars with of talent anyway?

[/sarcasm]

yep cuz teams spend those big bucks on ST'ers.

The idea that anyone, ANYONE is willing to throw away Griffin as a flop is a joke. It means they've bought into this idiocy spewed by Shanahan, and why I hate REdskins fans more than any other fan base. 

Are people actually saying this?  I read people choosing sides but I've yet to see anyone call him a flop.

No offense, but how in the blue hell can anyone read that tweet and came away with the idea that, at the very least, Shanahan hasn't leaked anything? 

It seems pretty implicit that, at some point, Shanahan has leaked things. I mean regardless of whether you're on a certain "side" of the whole Shanahan debate, I would think you'd have to admit the evidence that Shanny has leaked to Schefter and other reporters is pretty strong, regardless if you think he should come back to the redskins another year or not.

I'll give the story more credibility but I'm still not sold.  

He wanted to quit with 14 million left on his contract after a 10 win season and division championship? Really?

And just to be clear. Snyder never said that he knew for a fact that Shanny wanted to quit. Only that he though he might.

“I’ll just say this. I didn’t know about the office part that Dan Graziano reported over the weekend,” he said. “That was like, ‘Well, I didn’t know that one.’ But I knew how Mike felt about certain things. So that doesn’t surprise me at all. At one point I thought he would do that. But he didn’t and he stayed on. The office part was something I didn’t know about. That kinda caught me.

“I think at one point last year, I don’t know when,” he continued, when asked whether he thought Shanahan considered quitting. “I don’t know if it was January, February or March; yes, I do believe Mike was prepared to quit at one point, yes.”

Schefter for his part says Dan "knew" but: 

Schefter admitted that he wasn’t privy to any conversations between the coach and owner, but he remained firm in his statement that Snyder knew Shanahan wasn’t happy.

So what we REALLY know is that Snyder knew that Shanahn wasn't happy and *thought* he might quit.

It would not surprise me if Snyder was the original leak for the story, and the reporter embellished it with the bit about Shanahan being close to cleaning his office. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.

And wow.... Just what would it take... How bad would things have to be for a head coach with a QB that has so much potential, 14 million remaining on his contract, and a division title with his team to consider quitting?  

For whatever faults Shanahn has, with we have learned from a decade of mismanagement and stupidity by Snyder, it's not hard to imagine he is still the heart of the problem.

I personally believe all three... Shanahan, Snyder and RG3 have all contributed to this mess. And all I know is I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the Shanahan hate. For whatever faults he has, he is a damn good coach with the record and respect of other coaches and players to prove it. Blaming him for every little detail while ignoring RG3s ego and piss poor play and Snyders meddling isn't going to help this team. 

For all of the bull **** he has taken, Shanahan is still trying to do the right thing if for no other reason than his reputation. Benching RG3 was not the easy path but it needed to be done. He was playing like crap; the rest of the offense was suffering because of it; Cousins gets a well deserved showcase that can benefit the team; and RG3 can hit the reset button without the fear of him being hurt again.

Shanahan may be gone. Given the situation, his fault or not, it's clear he needs to go. I'm just sick of the irrational hate. And considering our history I seriously doubt that any established coach that is worth a damn is going to want to come here. Leaving us what? Another Spurrier? Another Zorn? 

This whole situation just makes me want to throw up. 

I'll give the story more credibility but I'm still not sold.  

He wanted to quit with 14 million left on his contract after a 10 win season and division championship? Really?

And just to be clear. Snyder never said that he knew for a fact that Shanny wanted to quit. Only that he though he might.

Schefter for his part says Dan "knew" but: 

So what we REALLY know is that Snyder knew that Shanahn wasn't happy and *thought* he might quit.

It would not surprise me if Snyder was the original leak for the story, and the reporter embellished it with the bit about Shanahan being close to cleaning his office. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.

And wow.... Just what would it take... How bad would things have to be for a head coach with a QB that has so much potential, 14 million remaining on his contract, and a division title with his team to consider quitting?  

For whatever faults Shanahn has, with we have learned from a decade of mismanagement and stupidity by Snyder, it's not hard to imagine he is still the heart of the problem.

I personally believe all three... Shanahan, Snyder and RG3 have all contributed to this mess. And all I know is I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the Shanahan hate. For whatever faults he has, he is a damn good coach with the record and respect of other coaches and players to prove it. Blaming him for every little detail while ignoring RG3s ego and piss poor play and Snyders meddling isn't going to help this team. 

For all of the bull **** he has taken, Shanahan is still trying to do the right thing if for no other reason than his reputation. Benching RG3 was not the easy path but it needed to be done. He was playing like crap; the rest of the offense was suffering because of it; Cousins gets a well deserved showcase that can benefit the team; and RG3 can hit the reset button without the fear of him being hurt again.

Shanahan may be gone. Given the situation, his fault or not, it's clear he needs to go. I'm just sick of the irrational hate. And considering our history I seriously doubt that any established coach that is worth a damn is going to want to come here. Leaving us what? Another Spurrier? Another Zorn? 

This whole situation just makes me want to throw up. 

Damn good post, sir. I agree with it wholeheartedly.

Aside from the fact the owner hasn't interfered for the first time at the helm, and the probable next step will be employing a proper football GM and giving him full control of football ops; I'll raise you upwards of $ 40 million or more in cap space and RGIII, a top LT and top bracket RB against that. 

Hail. 

Aside from the fact the owner hasn't interfered for the first time at the helm, and the probable next step will be employing a proper football GM and giving him full control of football ops; I'll raise you upwards of $ 40 million or more in cap space and RGIII, a top LT and top bracket RB against that. 

Hail.

What makes you certain that the owner has not interfered?

What makes you certain that the owner has not interfered?

Seriously? You don't think if he had broken the bounds of Shanahan's ironclad contract that HE, and only HE has FULL autonomy over the football side (confirmed yet again by his closet non-football ally Schefter over the weekend); we wouldn't of heard about it by now?

Lil' Danny can be blamed for a LOT here. Legitimately, The last 4 years is the complete exception to that outside of being innocently dumb enough to put his faith and trust in Shanahan and give him ALL the power. 

Hail. 

Archived