Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Reid Twitter: "I'm totally cool with the amount of stuff Shanny has leaked to me"

Boss_Hogg

Jason Reid of the Washington Post has confirmed that Mike Shanahan is a source for media leaks.

Jason Reid @JReidPost 23m

I'm totally cool with the amount of stuff Shanny has leaked to me. And it's not about the kid's relationship with the owner. It's about...

Jason Reid @JReidPost 23m

...Trying to get the maximum return on a record investment. Someday, Snyder may have to write off Griffin as a huge loss. Doing it now would be crazy

Rewind to 2010, Thom Loverro and Rich Campbell penned columns in which Donovan McNabb suspected Mike Shanahan leaked the information regarding the "wristband" thus validating his decision to bench Don for Grossman.

This is unbelievable, Mike was supposed to be the grownup and restore order and sanity at Redskins Park. Instead this clown has made it worse. Joe Gibbs would've never use the media as a vehicle for his own advantages.

Mike, keep this crap in house, stop leaking it to the media. It's making matters 10x worse.

Fire Shanny

12/17/2013 1750 EST, EDIT: Corrected title to match the Jason Reid tweet.

Is Mike the only person leaking inside info? No way. However as head coach, GM, and driver of the entire franchise he shouldn't be airing dirty laundry in the media.

This also validates Mike's decision to duck out of the post game press conference when pressed about media leaks.

This is professional football goddammit, has any NFL coach done what Mikes has done? Well maybe Lane Kiffin but he's a loser.

Seriously folks there's no justification of bringing back this guy now. He's broken the trust of his coaches, players, Dan, and the fans.

More like Jason Reid outed his source at Redskins Park.  I don't think Shanny's gonna be happy about that.

Reid wrote an article today saying that RGIII and Shanahan need to be divorced.  He's been on RGIII's jock ever since he became a Redskin.  Maybe outing Shanahan was his way of ensuring Danny Boy does fire him and stop all talk of this speculation that Shanahan may stay with a whole new offensive and defensive coaching staff.

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost 23m

...Trying to get the maximum return on a record investment. Someday, Snyder may have to write off Griffin as a huge loss. Doing it now would be crazy

Can somebody interpet what this means for a dumb old Texan, please.

It sounds, at least to me, like Reid is implying that Shanahan might want to trade Griffin soon to recoup some of the picks we spent to get him.

Get all the money/return you can from Robert now, when probably it will crash and burn later; either by injury or bad performance.

Reid wrote an article today saying that RGIII and Shanahan need to be divorced.  He's been on RGIII's jock ever since he became a Redskin.  Maybe outing Shanahan was his way of ensuring Danny Boy does fire him and stop all talk of this speculation that Shanahan may stay with a whole new offensive and defensive coaching staff.

You obviously missed Reid's piece from early November in which he wanted Mike Shanahan to stay.

Now that he's outed Mike as the mole Ashburn, his tune has changed.

It means fire Mike so Griffin at least has a better chance next year to make it...with Mike as HC less of a chance for ROI on RG3

In his article he implies that that Shanahan is biased in favor of Cousins and that any QB competition here for next year would be skewed in favor of Cousins.  He seems to think the communication and relationship between Shanahan and RGIII is damaged beyond repair.  So in his view (assuming Shanahan stays) trading RGIIII now would be maximum return, versus letting him rot on the bench like he has with Fred Davis.

You obviously missed Reid's piece from early November in which he wanted Mike Shanahan to stay.

Now that he's outed Mike as the mole Ashburn, his tune has changed.

I'll have to go back and look at that but if so then yes he's done a complete 180.

I'm referring to the column in today's paper titled "Divorce, For The Sake Of The Kid"  http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahan-daniel-snyder-showdown-has-to-end-with-the-coach-making-his-exit/2013/12/16/2fa4f99c-669f-11e3-8b5b-a77187b716a3_story.html

Funny just how things change from one year to another.  Everyone talk about How great Mike was and how Bruce knew how to be a Gm and How Kyle did a tremendous job.  

Now they are the ones at fault.  So is the Falcons problems with their coach.  Are the Bengals fault the coaches fault.  Is the Cowboys fault the coaches..   

We had a terrible year with the exact same offensive line, we still lead the league almost again in rushing.  We have had many multiople 300 yard passing games.   

Our Defense has been terrible.  Lets face it.  Sure Mike should have fired Jim...  And if there is any beef that should be it...  He fired the first Special Teams coach and we got worse.   

Anyone can see Griffin has not played as well..  The offensive line has some blame and I do believe the coaching staff should have held him out when you actually see that his injury was effecting his foot work and form...  then the oline issues made that worse.

The press has been worse then NY hear.  They have tried to find anything wrong and never talk about any of the positives.  They sell papers this way...  

Has Griffin been hardheaded maybe so, can that be corrected yes.  Has he been that way because he is a competitor!  Yes. Could it be his Dad is saying one thing and the QB coach, Kyle and Mike are saying something different of course.   But like someone on NFL network said they would have won half the games if the Defense would have been at least mediocre and maybe even a playoff spot and all the talk would have been alot less. Funny how winning changes things

I'll have to go back and look at that but if so then yes he's done a complete 180.

I'm referring to the column in today's paper titled "Divorce, For The Sake Of The Kid"  http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahan-daniel-snyder-showdown-has-to-end-with-the-coach-making-his-exit/2013/12/16/2fa4f99c-669f-11e3-8b5b-a77187b716a3_story.html

Yeah I saw his piece recently about separation.

Here's the one lobbying to keep Shanahan: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahans-contract-should-be-extended-to-provide-stability-to-washington-redskins/2013/11/12/fa11b9b6-4bd5-11e3-be6b-d3d28122e6d4_story.html

Archived