Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Reid Twitter: "I'm totally cool with the amount of stuff Shanny has leaked to me"

Boss_Hogg

What makes you certain that the owner has not interfered?

i think that is so unlikely at this point. besides the fact that i think we would have heard something about it (its been alluded to with the tannehill stories), i will never be convinced that shanny agreed to coach the team without having total control over everything (which is what everyone has always reported). and if he didnt, there is no way a vet like shanahan is going to let an owner like dan make a football decision. hell, i'm not sure shanny lets dan choose what color to paint his own office. 

If Snyder interfered at all, you would have known by now and the narrative would be "Snyder wanted x,y and z and thats why we're in the shape we're in".

It would be highly unlikely to me that Snyder could do anything on Mike's watch without him being outed for it. Shanahan wouldn't let his reputation take a hit like it has the last few months without bringing out some stuff Snyder has done if he interfered. 

So I was in the DC area today and tuned into 106.7 the fan, is there any coincidence between them talking about the exact drama that is located here on ES? It's almost as if I was driving down the road listening to Lavar and Dukes read the ES Redskins non football drama threads.

Aside from the fact the owner hasn't interfered for the first time at the helm, and the probable next step will be employing a proper football GM and giving him full control of football ops; I'll raise you upwards of $ 40 million or more in cap space and RGIII, a top LT and top bracket RB against that. 

Hail. 

So tired Gibbs HH.  Your like a pig or whatever you call it.  Mad Mike calls it like it is, all 3 lay part in the blame.  Your a tired broken record.

Just see Zoony, he has a note for you.

You know what chip, as endearing, or down right creepy, as your new found obsession is with me and everything I post; I'm sure this is getting beyond tedious for anyone reading so I shall now refrain from responding; let you continue to make an ass of yourself (man, was that me 'insulting' you again? *Smacks hand); and as regards my thoughts on something you disagree with; or the bizarre interest in 'post count' was it?; I'm afraid you'll just have suffer in anger. Or just ignore. Which appears to be beyond your capabilities but would make your angst much easier. Sadly, for yourself, you don't get to dictate what get's posted here, control anyones thoughts/ views, or the quantity of all of that. 

Suck it up princess. 

Hail. 

You know what chip, as endearing, or down right creepy, as your new found obsession is with me and everything I post;

G Hog H, shoulda taken my advice when offered originally.  Good luck to ya!

unless it comes out mike let dan pick the players and/or coach the team, this is on mike. all of it. 

Oh it will come out.  3's to blame.

More depressingly....same old same old franchise.

As opposed to snidey lil' one way comments on things that have absolutely jack to do with you?

Priceless.

Hail.

the tenor of this board has a lot to do with everyone. and people that can't control themselves tend to be annoying. this style you've adopted is more fitting of an eagles board or perhaps some hooligan soccer website

the tenor of this board has a lot to do with everyone. and people that can't control themselves tend to be annoying. this style you've adopted is more fitting of an eagles board or perhaps some hooligan soccer website

Again, priceless. 

But given the past month or so, not unexpected. 

If my attitude is SO disruptive, use that report button thingie and inform a mod instead of attempting to do their job for them in your hit and run, condescending, one-way style. 

Hail. 

Again, priceless.

But given the past month or so, not unexpected.

If my attitude is SO disruptive, use that report button thingie and inform a mod instead of attempting to do their job for them in your hit and run, condescending, one-way style.

Hail.

Thanks for the suggestion kemosabe. But I'll leave the running to the mods to you. I don't even know what "thingie" you are referring to

Oh it will come out.  3's to blame.

More depressingly....same old same old franchise.

oh, if it did, this 'bode would blow up.

still, i dont believe he had a hand in picking players cuz i think that no way in hell would shanny allow it. hes a two time SB winning coach who, before he came here, was close to HOF status in many peoples eyes. hes very well respected in the league.

he also appears to be a control freak- i dont think theres any question about that. not saying its a bad thing, if it works for you as a coach. but i think theres no question that part of the deal about him coming here was that he was shopping for groceries. this isnt jim zorn. 

i absolutely believe shanny picked the players and the crappy staff. (edited- didnt mean to say 'dan' picked the players, etc)

i think shanny would rather allow a monkey to pick players rather than give dan the OK to do it. 

oh, if it did, this 'bode would blow up.

Sorry, just to be clear on "my opinion".  And for the record, I warned everyone not to be so quick to jump on the bandwagon when Shanny arrived here.

Last year before the famed 7 game run, there were a lot of leaks coming from (what I can only assume to be players) about the unrest in the locker room.  This information I gleaned from LavarLeaps podcasts.  I posted back then that it was disappointing that ANY information was leaking out from any players.  Once again, as in every coaching staff under Snyder, all this stuff starts to leak.  I blame this on the culture that has been allowed to cultivate at Redskins park.

Under *normal* circumstances I would say it would be ok if Dan Snyder associated with the players, eg RG3, however given the history of the culture and past issues with his associations (Lavar, Portis, etc) I think the culture is stained and needs to be cleansed, I think any favoritism even if only a thanksgiving dinner shouldn't be allowed until the culture is more normal.

The Skins win 7 straight, which would have been great, but then the injury, and this occurred, the offseason "leaks" of RG3 blaming Shanny for leaving him in the game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/27/robert-griffin-iii-accepts-responsibility-for-his-part-in-knee-injury/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/05/01/rgiii-sees-the-mistake-in-staying-in-the-seahawks-game/

http://nfl.si.com/2013/05/01/rgiii-on-fateful-playoff-game-with-what-happened-you-take-me-out/

Then came all of the RG3 project return or whatever he called it, and all of the circus attention he brought to the Redskins and press conferences.

I think Shanny started to get pissed off as to having to answer questions with regards to the circus, and I think he got pissed because he didn't believe it was his fault that RG3 was injured.

What then transpired is leaks from *someone* all season long which essentially eluded to RG3 despising Kyle and Kyle calling plays that put him in harms way.

It then turned into Shanny leaking that RG3 called incorrect blocking schemes, and it all snowballed down hill.

I think Shanny blamed Danny for allowing these leaks to continue.

I blame all 3.

There is no integrity with this franchise, those who cover iit or ce with many of us fans. This has become one big circle jerk! Change the name to the Boners,. The team we love has been so disrespected that we will never again be the Washington Redskins!. Snyder you got your wish- take your boner to LA.

I think Shanny started to get pissed off as to having to answer questions with regards to the circus, and I think he got pissed because he didn't believe it was his fault that RG3 was injured.

What then transpired is leaks from *someone* all season long which essentially eluded to RG3 despising Kyle and Kyle calling plays that put him in harms way.

It then turned into Shanny leaking that RG3 called incorrect blocking schemes, and it all snowballed down hill.

I think Shanny blamed Danny for allowing these leaks to continue.

I blame all 3.

i'll admit, that sounds a little wacky. but i can't say for sure it isnt true. but, at least its an attempt at an explanation of how this isnt all on shanny. 

btw- i never blamed shanny for griffs injury. i thought that for griff to put that on 'the coaches' and 'their responsibility' while he was begging to play was ridiculous. 

i'll admit, that sounds a little wacky. but i can't say for sure it isnt true. but, at least its an attempt at an explanation of how this isnt all on shanny. 

btw- i never blamed shanny for griffs injury. i thought that for griff to put that on 'the coaches' and 'their responsibility' while he was begging to play was ridiculous. 

I never blamed the injury on Shanny either.

After listening to the podcasts, I became disgusted last year with with continued drama, and hearing of player revolt in year 1 of RG3, I knew everything was doomed to collapse.

It did.  I am not a Shanny fan boy in any way shape or form.  But the fact that the players were again running the asylum pissed me off.  So I defend him because I know forces have been working against him, the ****s finally hitting the fan.

In his article he implies that that Shanahan is biased in favor of Cousins and that any QB competition here for next year would be skewed in favor of Cousins. He seems to think the communication and relationship between Shanahan and RGIII is damaged beyond repair. So in his view (assuming Shanahan stays) trading RGIIII now would be maximum return, versus letting him rot on the bench like he has with Fred Davis.

I see no reason to let Mike keep his job if he can't properly handle a QB controversy.

We should let go of the has been and find someone that would allow us to properly groom two very talented young quarterbacks.

Archived