Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soo.. How do we feel about tonight?

BleedinBurgNGold

I think Mike and Kyle will tell you because we didn't practice it much.

It's mind boggling why we don't use it more since it consistently has been seen on all our best drives all year.  I am not joking. Its success rate is through the roof.

Our players are not more tired, the play clock is still getting down into single digits. All it is really doing is limiting substitutions.  So maybe that's it. We want to get Robinson in, Helu, etc.

Thank you,

Ok. One more serious question: Why was Evans used over Alfred Morris on 3rd and short rushing attempts on 2 different occasions?

The results were expected imo.

Hail

Thank you,

Ok. One more serious question: Why was Evans used over Alfred Morris on 3rd and short rushing attempts on 2 different occasions?

The results were expected imo.

Hail

I think its become apparent that a big part of Kyle's game plan is doing the opposite of what defenses expect.

I'll fool them!

In doing so, does not use his players to their strengths. And is out thinking himself. Consistently, week after week.

The defense expects us to keep doing the same thing until they can stop it... only Kyle stops doing it, before they even adjust. e.g. no more hurry up, don't worry. Short yardage, uses our faux FB or hands back up the gut. Or the QB sneak, my lord was that ugly. He got the first but got popped (I had predicted no QB sneaks this year, and we finally had one. Crow nom nom.)

Sure, the Giants were keying on Morris but teams do every week. I know there has to be deception, but Kyle is flat out dumb to keep going away from things that are working as quickly as he does.

Seriously, if we just ran his opening script over and over, I am not sure it could be any worse than the mess of plays he ends up calling.

Wait until next week when KC comes to town after losing 3 in a row.  The bloodbath is going to be epic.

After watching how well they played the Broncos yesterday, I feel the same. Alex Smith has a pretty consistent pocket. And time. And a consistently alert defense. We don't have any of that.

I'll always hope, pray, and believe we can win every week. But beating KC will take a miracle.

HTTR!

This is just another season in a plethora of seasons of self implosions/self destruction..

I've watched this team do this to themselves over & over again for years (I've been a fan for 41 years..not much I haven't seen at this point)

I am one of those fans that usually watches to the very end of the games and of the season..but the past 2 games I've turned the TV off

b/c I knew what was coming.  I knew when we botched that snap on the punt it was all downhill from there...I told my daughter...

That's it..we're gonna self implode now...she says to me..."Mom..don't say that...we can win" Youthful hopefulness...wish I still had it...

so at the end of the 3rd qtr...she says..."you were right"...This is the 1st time I've ever turned the TV off w/the skins in the lead..but

I couldn't take watching them screw up a game they should've won...but I will watch the rest of the games ...at least until I get fed up for each

particular game.  They toyed w/our emotions last season and gave us hope...then they snatched it from us...fix this team please!!

Wait until next week when KC comes to town after losing 3 in a row.  The bloodbath is going to be epic.

I don't even want to think about it...as I watched them yesterday I thought...holy moly...we're gonna get waxed..

I think its become apparent that a big part of Kyle's game plan is doing the opposite of what defenses expect.

I'll fool them!

In doing so, does not use his players to their strengths. And is out thinking himself. Consistently, week after week.

The defense expects us to keep doing the same thing until they can stop it... only Kyle stops doing it, before they even adjust. e.g. no more hurry up, don't worry. Short yardage, uses our faux FB or hands back up the gut. Or the QB sneak, my lord was that ugly. He got the first but got popped (I had predicted no QB sneaks this year, and we finally had one. Crow nom nom.)

Sure, the Giants were keying on Morris but teams do every week. I know there has to be deception, but Kyle is flat out dumb to keep going away from things that are working as quickly as he does.

Seriously, if we just ran his opening script over and over, I am not sure it could be any worse than the mess of plays he ends up calling.

Thanks again, I really enjoy your insight of the offense. I just finished praising KDawg for his insight on defense. I wonder if opposing team's DC, and OC laugh when they study the Redskin's game film. God knows I do.

Hail

Typical night for the Redskins of 2013, begin with a big lead and momentum and then give up the big plays and lose your edge going into the second half. Or play like crap the whole first half and then play better but not well enough to win in the second.

We are a lousy team and this coaching staff is horrible and need to be gone, why Tyler Polumbus is still starting on our offensive line shows how stupid this HC really is.

Typical night for us (begin with a big lead)  What games have you been watching????????????  First game we've scored on opening possession all year long (last team to do it) and in all the games I can remember we never scored first (though I could be mistaken).... all I'm recalling now is being down by 10-14 points before we even pick up a first down.

Rg3 just said we have 10 losses this season in his presser, FYI. yup.

No he didn't. This is what he said:

“The biggest thing is all those guys are out there fighting hard. That’s all I can ask for right now. We’re sitting here – I think our record is 3-9 now – and I just think we’re too good to be a 10-loss football team. You know other people will look at it and say that’s what we are and think that guys are going to quit, but, like I told them after the game, I’ll go to war with any of them.”

That was taken directly from TK's press conference thread.

cooley just said something on 980 that i've been thinking for awhile now-

he basically said 'it seems like they have a list of plays they want to run and run them regardless of whats going on, regardless of whats actually working', and added 'i dont think we have the players to run these plays'.

speaks to the lack of feel or flow of the game when it comes to playcalling. interesting. 

wow. and doc just came on and said it as well. 'this coaching staff doesnt have a feel for the game'.

unreal.

cooley just said something on 980 that i've been thinking for awhile now-

he basically said 'it seems like they have a list of plays they want to run and run them regardless of whats going on, regardless of whats actually working', and added 'i dont think we have the players to run these plays'.

speaks to the lack of feel or flow of the game when it comes to playcalling. interesting. 

Also speaks to a lack of talent necessary to run the offense everyone wants to see.

Also speaks to a lack of talent necessary to run the offense everyone wants to see.

absolutely. if we had better talent, i think the playcalling wouldnt be in question. but then, if anyone has talent, they should be able to call an offense. 

we just dont adapt to wether what we have talent wise or to what is actually working. 

This is just another season in a plethora of seasons of self implosions/self destruction..

I've watched this team do this to themselves over & over again for years (I've been a fan for 41 years..not much I haven't seen at this point)

I am one of those fans that usually watches to the very end of the games and of the season..but the past 2 games I've turned the TV off

b/c I knew what was coming.  I knew when we botched that snap on the punt it was all downhill from there...I told my daughter...

That's it..we're gonna self implode now...she says to me..."Mom..don't say that...we can win" Youthful hopefulness...wish I still had it...

so at the end of the 3rd qtr...she says..."you were right"...This is the 1st time I've ever turned the TV off w/the skins in the lead..but

I couldn't take watching them screw up a game they should've won...but I will watch the rest of the games ...at least until I get fed up for each

particular game.  They toyed w/our emotions last season and gave us hope...then they snatched it from us...fix this team please!!

I don't even want to think about it...as I watched them yesterday I thought...holy moly...we're gonna get waxed..

Me too.  I did watch all of the SF game though.  It was like a horrible train wreck - you want to look away, but you just can't.  I watched just to see how low they could actually go.  Last night though, after NY scored their first TD, I could see that the wheels were starting to wobble.  Then when NY tied it up, the wheels were almost off.  With the inablility of the Shanahans to make any 2nd half adjustments, I knew the train wreck was on it's way, so I turned it off.  Flipped to Sprtscenter this morning and it turned out just as I expected. 

Despite all of the bad, I did take away some good. I saw a distant vision into RGIII's future as a pocket passer. As Collinsworth pointed out, he was going through his progressions - 3 to 4 reads on some plays.

Who would have thought - give the guy some time and he can make a play! The lack of separation the receivers get, though, is damning. And Griff still needs to be patient when out of the pocket to wait for the big play - but this game gave me confidence in Robert's pocket-passing ability.

Hopefully when that brace comes off, he can recoup even 50% of the speed he had in 2012.

Thanks again, I really enjoy your insight of the offense. I just finished praising KDawg for his insight on defense. I wonder if opposing team's DC, and OC laugh when they study the Redskin's game film. God knows I do.

Hail

thanks for the compliments.  There is not much left to do, but laugh at this point. If you can't beat em, join em

I seriously think DC and OC's know exactly how to counter what we are doing. Wait, and watch us stop doing things we are doing well. Seriously, its true. Don't panic if the Skins get a lead, Haslet is going limp. Kyle tearing you apart? Just wait, it won't last because he won't let it last.

1) I can't really think of a single player on our defense that played poorly tonight. The defense as a whole was solid, not great, but solid. Orakpo obviously was outstanding tonight. A couple drives that hurt us tonight overall on defense but honestly I think the defense put out the kind of performance I was hoping for all year. They completely denied the run game (AGAIN) and put a decent amount of pressure on Manning and forced a turnover. I also have been impressed with Rambo since he returned from the bench. I've been disappointed he has not forced a turnover given what he did in college but he's been a very solid tackler and doesn't get beat deep. He may develop into a solid starter for us that we may not need to fill for next year. Not much to complain about here. 

2) RGIII had a nice game. Still not great. But a solid game from him. Even in his completion party to start the game he made receivers work for it - throws like the one where Moss was wide open but had to make a shoestring grab are frustrating. But I loved the way RGIII didn't force a lot of issues and finally seemed smart enough to dump the ball off and take what is given. BUT then he's forcing throws downfield again to Aldrick when he's covered and other guys are open. THEN he's missing Helu behind the defense on a scramble drill. Simply too much give and take with RGIII - one moment you are very pleased, the next you're facepalming sadly. Similar to the season Cam Newton had last year. It was to be expected from a young QB who should put in the work to get better this offseason. 

3) Garcon, Fred Davis and the entire O-line deserve something similar to the RGIII nut kick from last week. I love Garcon's attitude, but when he lets it leak into penalties, which it has a few times, it hurts the team. The punt didn't hurt the team ultimately but it's just embarrassing and it certainly doesn't help any. His multiple drops tonight and game-ending fumble made me want to yell at him - you may have been correct in calling out RGIII earlier but tonight deserves a big look in the mirror for you. Davis - he may not have been playing but he has been practicing - no excuse for dropping the ball. A tight end is supposed to take shots across the middle and hold on. That goes for Paulsen too - nice TD grab but an easy drop on 1st down at the end of the game where he could have caught and run for another 10 yards is inexcusable. I don't think I really need to go into the O-line, specifically Chester and Polumbus. I'm ready to see what Gettis and Hurt can do at RG and RT respectively, although Hurt may not be healthy enough yet. 

That pretty much sums up how I felt about last night. At least there's a silver lining of us moving up toward a top pick in the 2nd round in the draft. You always want to win the game but at least there's something to ease the pain afterwards I guess.

Archived