Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980 Sports Fix: Why aren't Redskins players helping RGIII off the ground?

Boss_Hogg

not griff related, but on 980 yesterday, on the sports reporters 'buy or sell' segment, a ravens fan calls in and exclaims that hes 'buying ravens fans braving the cold sunday night, coming out to support our team, unlike redskins fans who dont show up to support their team'.

sheehan at least chimed in with 'well, its pretty easy to support your team, youve won 2 super bowls in the last 12 years, including one this year'.

then the idiot muttered a few indecipherable comments and was gone. 

seriously. what the **** is wrong with ravens fans? number one, sheehan is right, obviously. ANY teams fans are less enthusiastic when their team is losing- and losing consistently. game one this year- in pittsburgh- i tuned in near the end of the game with the steelers down by a score with about 5 minutes to play. the freaking stands were nearly empty. i couldnt believe it. this franchise has won more super bowls than anyone, and there was nobody there. 

secondly, what the hell is with ravens fans obsession with the redskins? youve got a model, super bowl winning franchise, for gods sake. whats with the inferiority complex? we stink, and have for years. enjoy it. be proud of it. but dont worry about the redskins. why the hell would you? 

just bizarre. 

/rant

Yeah not to sure about the Raven fans. But for now they have a much better team and organization then we do. Thing is Im quite sure those fans expect a win every Sunday and are rarely dissapointed. Unlike us. I just want our Skins not to look foolish and inept while losing. I depise that with an absolute passion.

I was being sarcastic by the way.............this is such a non story. It starting to seem that EVERYTHING with RG3's name attached to it becomes something negative or some people trying to make more of something than it really is. The sad thing is many who where fans of his last year, are taking the opportunity to join in this foolishness. It's very sad. Great post though.

Welcome to the modern NFL.  You *finally* have someone that is newsworthy.  Now, let us see how the player, and fans, handle it.

This should help you with your own depth perception issues:

@Russellmania980: #Redskins OT Trent Williams says amongst many expletives it is "dumb ass s**t" that people are accusing the OL of not picking Griffin up.

@Russellmania980: Trent Williams "That's some dumb ass s**t, come on man...That s**t is ridiculous... It's dumb...For anybody to have ill-will to Robert..."

@Russellmania980: More Trent Williams "....For anybody to have any type of ill-will towards Robert, you're probably just messed up as a person." #Redskins

@Snide_Remarks: Interesting buzz this week about OL not picking up RG3. I wouldn't read anything into it. He's often scrambled away from them. Guys love RG3

@bmcnally14: #Redskins OL Tyler Polumbus on not picking up RG3. You guys good?: "Definitive answer: 100 percent cool. Everybody’s great" He was...baffled

@NBCdianna: Will Montgomery: if I'm 20 yards away i can't help him up... That's just stupid. #redskins

And this little nugget today:

No Redskins pick up RG3 after sacks because NFL linemen rarely pick up their quarterbacks

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/rg3-sacks-redskins-linemen-help-tom-brady-peyton-manning/

Lol I know you've just got to love stuffing facts in someone's face.  Shame when the person can't swallow humble pie and admit they are wrong.

O linemen rarely help their qb off the ground, therefor our o linemen rarely helping rg3 off the ground is NOT unexpected.  It's not a conspiracy.  The only reason anyone at all cares about this is because the media wants to sensationalize this.  If we were winning and the exact same thing was happened, this story would have never even been imagined. 

Winning cures all.  Amazing how guys like Eli and Cam along with their coaches coughlin and rivera, were lambasted as incompetent, disliked, pompous, etc, but as soon as they started winning they were the toast of the town.  Cutler or Rivers can yell at teammates as long as they are winning, but so help you if you yell at someone during a losing season.  It's ridiculous how the perception of coaches and players is swayed so heavily by the media.

Baltimoreans carry this odd inferiority complex when it comes to the Redskins.

because even though they have been far more successful over the last decade plus...they are the little brother team around here and always will be.  Clinging to mommy's apron clamoring for attention. lol

Despite all their success, they are still not the team that unites the DMV the way Washington does.  Let the Redskins win another Super Bowl, and all will see the difference.

Clearly Brady was holding on to the ball too long and needed to get the ball out quicker to his hot read as some in here on ES suggest that RG3 should do. These sacks are solely on Brady because he had far more time than RG3 to get rid of the ball!!! And you mean to tell me that virtually NO ONE helped the great Tom Brady up? WOW!!! They really don't care for him!!!

I was being sarcastic by the way.............this is such a non story. It starting to seem that EVERYTHING with RG3's name attached to it becomes something negative or some people trying to make more of something than it really is. The sad thing is many who where fans of his last year, are taking the opportunity to join in this foolishness. It's very sad. Great post though.

Brady got hit in basically 3 seconds in every clip.

This should help you with your own depth perception issues:

@Russellmania980: #Redskins OT Trent Williams says amongst many expletives it is "dumb ass s**t" that people are accusing the OL of not picking Griffin up.

@Russellmania980: Trent Williams "That's some dumb ass s**t, come on man...That s**t is ridiculous... It's dumb...For anybody to have ill-will to Robert..."

@Russellmania980: More Trent Williams "....For anybody to have any type of ill-will towards Robert, you're probably just messed up as a person." #Redskins

@Snide_Remarks: Interesting buzz this week about OL not picking up RG3. I wouldn't read anything into it. He's often scrambled away from them. Guys love RG3

@bmcnally14: #Redskins OL Tyler Polumbus on not picking up RG3. You guys good?: "Definitive answer: 100 percent cool. Everybody’s great" He was...baffled

@NBCdianna: Will Montgomery: if I'm 20 yards away i can't help him up... That's just stupid. #redskins

And this little nugget today:

No Redskins pick up RG3 after sacks because NFL linemen rarely pick up their quarterbacks

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/rg3-sacks-redskins-linemen-help-tom-brady-peyton-manning/

I don't think cherry picking a single random sack for a QB proves anything one way or the other.  Because I don't think the argument was that the OL has to pick up the QB each and every single time.  That USA Today article's argument was pretty non-persuasive.  He may very well have a point, but how he went about proving it was pretty weak. 

I don't think cherry picking a single random sack for a QB proves anything one way or the other.  Because I don't think the argument was that the OL has to pick up the QB each and every single time.  That USA Today article's argument was pretty non-persuasive.  He may very well have a point, but how he went about proving it was pretty weak. 

The video I posted had 5 sacks on Brady during a jets game; was only helped up once.  The media acts like qbs piggyback ride on their favorite o lineman every time they move the line of scrimmage.

The video I posted had 5 sacks on Brady during a jets game; was only helped up once.  The media acts like qbs piggyback ride on their favorite o lineman every time they move the line of scrimmage.

I watched that, and I think you have to take each sack individually.  In the 4 sacks where his OL didn't helps, nobody's really even close to Brady and he hops right up before anybody could attempt to help.  I don't think that's what people are noticing. It's when the OL has a chance to help him up and doesn't.   Another one of those sacks was a corner blitz and the linemen were holding their blocks when Brady gets sacked 10 yards behind the line.  They didn't even know he was on the ground.  They're just turning around to know the play's over when he's getting up.  Then another one they're all chasing a fumble, so the play's still live.

RG3 has a lot of those sacks where he gets right up immediately, and there's really nothing to it.  It's the ones where the OL are standing right there and somebody else helps.  There are some of those.

Archived