Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980 Sports Fix: Why aren't Redskins players helping RGIII off the ground?

Boss_Hogg

Anybody seen the movie "Any given Sunday"?

Jamie Fox is playing the QB position in this movie. He's a "me" guy. His linemen take offense to it, and decide he needs to know his place. They allow him to get mauled. They never come to his aide until he figures it out. Its about team bro. What you say on camera may be different than what is what is said under your breath on the side line or in the huddle in the heat of battle.

Just sayin.....

It seems like RG3 stays on a ground a second or 2 longer than I would expect. Throwing his linemen a little curve ball. I used to fear injury, but that is him.  It seems defenders like him and offer him up more than others.

Anyone else think he looks slower the last ~2 games? I seem to remember a hit that I thought I saw him limping afterwards, or some ****.

Jamie Fox is playing the QB position in this movie. He's a "me" guy. His linemen take offense to it, and decide he needs to know his place. They allow him to get mauled. They never come to his aide until he figures it out. Its about team bro. What you say on camera may be different than what is what is said under your breath on the side line or in the huddle in the heat of battle.

Just sayin.....

This whole damn team reminds me of "Any Given Sunday" this year, except no veteran QB and Cameron Diaz looks much better then Dan Snyder

-----------------------------------------------------

I was thinking the same thing....   however with 32 teams in the league, someone is going to have the smallest Oline.  Doesn't always mean the coach has made a huge mistake.  You want beef, but you also want strong Olinemen which won't always be your heaviest/less mobile.  I say we trade Cousins ASAP to get a 2nd rounder hopefully, and depending on what we pickup in FA, look at an OL or CB or WR.  Pick up an average backup late in the draft OR pick up one cheap in FA.   There will be a team out there to bite on Cousins (Browns, Cardinals, Raiders, Titans, Vikings, Steelers,  Bucs, Jags) would all be logical possibilities.  Hell, maybe we could even work out a deal for a solid vet OL + a late draft pick for Cousins.  We need to take care of RGIII, cut ties with Cousins just in case he is part of RGIIIs mental instability (always worried Cousins will out do him if given another fair shot.)  

In the NFL you can have a sucky WR depth OR a bad Oline, but never both.  That equation equals what we're seeing this season. As much as I'd want to spend the majority of our FA money and draft picks on defense, I believe our defense has been given the short end of the stick this season.  HERE IS WHY:

Our offense has turned the ball over so many times this year compared to last, not only that but our average starting field position (because of special teams) has been horrid.  Our D has been put in so many drives where the opposing O starts at midfield, and they've had to be out there for more drives because of our turnovers.  Yeah we need a new defensive coordinator, but when you take into account the factors that the defense doesn't have control over, I believe our statistical grading is a bit skewed compared to what our D had to work with last season.

Keep Shanny, Keep Kyle, fire Haslet, Trade Cousins, focus on pass protection, WRs, a couple pieces on the defensive side of the ball, a couple special team aces, and a new punter and we got ourselves a playoff contender.

hahahahahahaha. 2nd rounder for Cousins??? Good luck with that. Currently, we couldn't fetch anything more than a 4th, if we were lucky, right now for him.

Big Lead has some gifs up but their examples are inconclusive, at best.  Some of 'em are just the person closest happens to be somebody other than a Redskin and the OL doesn't get an opportunity.  And then others are situations where RG3 hops up before anybody even has a chance to offer a hand.

There was one though that had multiple Skins OL just standing there staring at him while RG3 gets his facemask stepped on. And a couple where Trent, in particular, didn't seem all that interested in extending a hand.

All in all, Big Lead's evidence was weak.

Just sayin.....

So our offensive linemen, all of which are replaceable and are currently fighting for their job (save for LT) have collectively chosen to teach our QB a lesson by exposing him to further injury by playing poorly and not showing their QB any love during and after the play. A QB who the team traded multiple draft picks for. Not sure what OL would commit career suicide to teach their star QB a "lesson".

Let's try to stay within reality here, although I understand it may be painful for most fans here :ph34r:

Take it for what it's worth:

there he goes again..."my" offensive lineman...Robert I know it's seems small and it's semantics but words spoken are powerful.... they are not "your" offensive lineman...they are the "teams" oline...guys who are older than you and make less than you...treat them with the repsect they deserve, they are more than your equal...you are not the General and they're the Lieutenant's, I know the military analogies sort of fit sometimes in sports but it doesn't.here and now ...its a fine line and you cross it all the time and it causes resentment...if anything you need to act like a private among privates trying to earn your way in actions and words...

If you are a long time successful veteran I can see taking more liberties but...you haven't earned it yet in the NFL...you need more humility in your speaking.....

Robert is all messed up...he speaks in cliche's and potlitcal speak, what he "thinks he should say"...he doesn't even know how to be real right now..needs a better mentor than the Shannies and someone other than his Dad...and it sure as hell can't be Danny, he is clueless as well

there he goes again..."my" offensive lineman...Robert I know it's seems small and it's semantics but words spoken are powerful.... they are not "your" offensive lineman...they are the "teams" oline...guys who are older than you and make less than you...treat them with the repsect they deserve, they are more than your equal...you are not the General and they're the Lieutenant's, I know the military analogies sort of fit sometimes in sports but it doesn't.here and now ...its a fine line and you cross it all the time and it causes resentment...if anything you need to act like a private among privates trying to earn your way in actions and words...

If you are a long time successful veteran I can see taking more liberties but...you haven't earned it yet in the NFL...you need more humility in your speaking.....

Robert is all messed up...he speaks in cliche's and potlitcal speak, what he "thinks he should say"...he doesn't even know how to be real right now..needs a better mentor than the Shannies and someone other than his Dad...and it sure as hell can't be Danny, he is clueless as well

This post has been nominated for the dumbest thing ever said on the Internet. I'll let you know if you win. Seriously dude. Find a clue somewhere.

No Redskins pick up RG3 after sacks because NFL linemen rarely pick up their quarterbacks

A ‘For The Win’ investigation.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/rg3-sacks-redskins-linemen-help-tom-brady-peyton-manning/

Hate to say it(Not really) but on your average QB hit the player is normally going to pick himself up off the ground. Can't believe what people pick apart in this game. Laughing at the people using 'Any Given Sunday' as a legitimate example.

insulting%20guy.png

I figured it out.

Our OL are too tired to help out.

As the lightest line in the league, they are too tired from getting bull rushed on probably every single play.  If you were a DC facing the lightest OL in the league, wouldn't you game plan to man handle them, bull rush over and over? It's not rocket science and it sure seems to be happening.

So there is Robert flushed out of the back of the pocket, 15 yards down field, after having a shoulder in the gut, the boys are too gassed to make it back to help out. They are sucking wind preparing for the next wave. The Ref and the NT save the day.

If we had a pocket for him to hang in, he would be surrounded by OL. In that scenario, if no one helps him, specifically the guy who missed his block, Mike needs to bench that guys ass.

The problem is bigger than no outstretched arm.

What the **** just happened here? I'm so confused...

This post has been nominated for the dumbest thing ever said on the Internet. I'll let you know if you win. Seriously dude. Find a clue somewhere.

Granted I'm not the best writer and I am always in a hurry...But I see you young guys w little experience in the world and lacking depth, you don't get it that is ok...someday you may...I'll try to help you young bucks...

The topic is basically why is the oline NOT helping Robert more and acting with more pride and being more protective etc...there are subtlies and nuances that are hard to pick up for some...that matter and affect the dynamics on a team...

Maybe you've never had to "help" someone or seen a scenario where a person underperforms, is a showboat and makes more than you, is younger than you and treats and speaks like you "work for him" but you really don't...? How would you feel towards that person?

Robert could say "OUR oline is working hard and I love those guys, I appreciate all they do for OUR TEAM...I need to do MY part to not let sacks happen by stepping into the pocket and getting the ball out quicker"

Have you offered a reason why there seems to be a disconnect btw RG3 and the Oline?...There is...maybe you can't see it lacking depth and all...

Granted I'm not the best writer and I am always in a hurry...But I see you're a young guy w little experience in the world and lacking depth...you don't get it that is ok...someday you may...the topic is why is the oline NOT helping Robert more and acting with more pride and being more protective etc...there are subtlies and nuances that are hard to pick up for some...

Maybe you've never had to "help" someone or seen a scenario where a person underperforms, is a showboat and makes more than you and treats and speaks like you "work for him" but you really don't...?

Robert could say "OUR oline is working hard and I love those guys, I appreciate all they do for OUR TEAM...I need to do MY part to not let sacks happen by stepping into the pocket and getting the ball out quicker"

Have you offered a reason why there seems to be a disconnect btw RG3 and the Oline?...There is...maybe you can't see it lacking depth and all...

This should help you with your own depth perception issues:

@Russellmania980: #Redskins OT Trent Williams says amongst many expletives it is "dumb ass s**t" that people are accusing the OL of not picking Griffin up.

@Russellmania980: Trent Williams "That's some dumb ass s**t, come on man...That s**t is ridiculous... It's dumb...For anybody to have ill-will to Robert..."

@Russellmania980: More Trent Williams "....For anybody to have any type of ill-will towards Robert, you're probably just messed up as a person." #Redskins

@Snide_Remarks: Interesting buzz this week about OL not picking up RG3. I wouldn't read anything into it. He's often scrambled away from them. Guys love RG3

@bmcnally14: #Redskins OL Tyler Polumbus on not picking up RG3. You guys good?: "Definitive answer: 100 percent cool. Everybody’s great" He was...baffled

@NBCdianna: Will Montgomery: if I'm 20 yards away i can't help him up... That's just stupid. #redskins

And this little nugget today:

No Redskins pick up RG3 after sacks because NFL linemen rarely pick up their quarterbacks

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/rg3-sacks-redskins-linemen-help-tom-brady-peyton-manning/

ok thats fine...what else are they going to say? "ya F Robert"...their actions don't show  an "I'll run through a brick wall for you" loyalty thats for sure...

I always saw the Hogs hustle over to help up Riggo or Joey T ...but you guys wouldn't remember that...still pooping your diapers...

You can tell when guys are fighting for each other and this team is just NOT...you tell me why? 

Like DG said...Robert is not a unifying leader of a winning team...he's just not...so what is he?...a young kid with a lot of growing to do and one of the things he needs to work on is how he communicates and acts...

So you guys can just be pissed and blind I guess...with no answers other than..."we suck" 

Later...need to find some adult conversation.

Who really knows, but could it be that a rift has developed over all the attention that RG3 has gotten since he was drafted?  This is a league of attention whores and Griffin got more attention than anyone since his signing. 

He was the #2 pick overall last year and the Heisman winner who came in and near instantly took the (arguably) worst team in the NFC-East and won the division for the first time in 13 years. He deservedly got the attention.

Now that people made that into a story now the team will probably do a concerted effort to help him up. This is what happen when you hire a bunch of ex-athletes(the media) and demand they prove their worth. They come up with crap like this. This is the conquence of having quotas on non-consumer goods. The sports media is an industry of no accountability. Crap like that are expected.

Archived