Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 4

EBoz

What the hell man?!  How come nobody told me about the IGLA?! 

some dickhead was chopper whoring on Zavod 311 last night, and he was really getting on my nerves.  I managed to get an RPG shot on 'em for a triple, but other than that he was owning me.  So i scrolled through the launchers and saw the IGLA.  I've literally never tried it before because I tried the other lock on anti aircraft launcher, and it sucked...so i figured the IGLA sucked too.  NOT THE CASE:o  :o  :o :o  

stood on top of the building with the IGLA and proceeded to shootdown 8 choppers in about 5 minutes!  4 anti aircraft ribbons after the match.  At one point both bad guy choppers were looking for me in the woods, not concerned with anything else.  I think the Commander made me a high priority target or something, because I got swarmed. 

Finally, i can crap on annoying choppers.  And its cool because when you first lock on, most pilots panic and set off the flares.  so i just wait until the flares are done, lock on, kaboom.  Blackhawk down. 

I saw you in a conquest game last night, was gonna join, but had to finish trying to get some unlocks on the new profile.  Got tha DEAGLE again lol.  I might just play that new profile part time.  The emblem effect has worn off, though its pretty cool when I'm reloading and see the dallas star with an arrow through it on the side of my gun.

yeah i saw your emblem, pretty sweet.  I'll definitely copy it tonight on my computer LOL

I joined one of your TDM games but it was just as the game ended, and I figured you were probably in full unlock mode, so i figured i'd leave you be and just go play some conquest LOL

When I was trying for Unica head shots last night, I swear I was point blank, aiming down the sites with it pointed at their head and it was missing.  Hell, one game I literally was pushing up on this guy cornered, was basically titty ****ing him with the gun touching his dome and it registered a kill, not a head shot one.

It was an odd night for head shot kills.

When I was trying for Unica head shots last night, I swear I was point blank, aiming down the sites with it pointed at their head and it was missing.  Hell, one game I literally was pushing up on this guy cornered, was basically titty ****ing him with the gun touching his dome and it registered a kill, not a head shot one.

It was an odd night for head shot kills.

I had that happen a few times as well.  several wtf moments for sure. 

honestly, the Deagle is so ****ing amazing, why would anybody ever use a different secondary again?  Unless you just like a particular pistol for some reason.  But a 2 shot kill with 9 rounds?  Yes please.  I loved my SW40, but I doubt I'll ever use it again.  Just tap people in the chest with the D....eagle. 

I had that happen a few times as well.  several wtf moments for sure. 

honestly, the Deagle is so ****ing amazing, why would anybody ever use a different secondary again?  Unless you just like a particular pistol for some reason.  But a 2 shot kill with 9 rounds?  Yes please.  I loved my SW40, but I doubt I'll ever use it again.  Just tap people in the chest with the D....eagle. 

Hell to the yes bro.  That's why I made it my primary focal point on that new profile, it's just too bad ass not to have.  You have me wanting to shoot down choppers now.  I need to play more conquest.

I'm getting ****ing sick and tired of magic bullets.  I get hit, I dodge behind a concrete wall/metal container/etc. and then drop 1-2 seconds later, guy is clearly not in sight to kill me.  

I'm almost 100% positive its not my connection, I have an extremely fast cable with zero lag issues, etc.  Maybe it's server lag or game animation lag.  I dunno, but it seems worse now than ever on getting killed like that.  

I'm getting ****ing sick and tired of magic bullets.  I get hit, I dodge behind a concrete wall/metal container/etc. and then drop 1-2 seconds later, guy is clearly not in sight to kill me.  

I'm almost 100% positive its not my connection, I have an extremely fast cable with zero lag issues, etc.  Maybe it's server lag or game animation lag.  I dunno, but it seems worse now than ever on getting killed like that.

Odds are that you actually died and it doesn't register until you get behind the wall. It's most likely server lag, everyone is complaining about it on both systems.

Odds are that you actually died and it doesn't register until you get behind the wall. It's most likely server lag, everyone is complaining about it on both systems.

It must be and I rarely recall that happening to me before.  Now, I'll take a shot in the back, turn a corner and a second blast takes me down and it shows the dudes red silhouette standing in a linear line that would put him behind the wall/barrier.  It's just annoying, cause you think you escaped death and turn to take them out and drop lol.

Ya, server lag is prolly it. EA/DICE are still working on it...nearly a year later :(

Pulled another all-nighter last night, I was owning the holy hell out of choppers with the IGLA. only problem is when you see a tank or jeep in sight you can hit with a rocket,but you've got nothing to throw at em lol

SLAMs are still the ish, too. I hardly ever see anti tank mines anymore, pretty useless when slams are that and more.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what i have to do to unlock the unica.

Every time I go in to see my assignments, "cannot connect to battlelog".

irritating.

You have to be rank 10, play a Dragon's Teeth map, get 5 total kills while swimming, then open the flood gates in Sunken Dragon.

um ok.  the flood gates thing...ill have to figure out

thanks!

You can do that easily.  Play Conquest and it's near capture point B (where those two towers are.  Run up into the tower on the right (if your coming from the temple (point A - think that's point A).  There is a control panel, it resets every few minutes (if someone has already hit the button) it will let you hit the square and its done.

Chewy, need advice.  What is the best weapon to blow up tanks the fastest?  The RPG isn't getting it done for me, by the time I'm on my 4th rocket the tank has spotted me and killed me or some ****ing sniper from a mile across the board.  It's starting to piss me of lol.  I'll get the damn things down to like 10--17%, die, then watch someone else take my vehicle kill. 

I'm trying to unlock the M60 again on that new profile.  I got the ribbon and 2 vehicle destructions in Gulf, that came quick, then I went on a drought.  Also, how in the world are y'all using that IGLA I can never get it to lock on right.

ugh, i deal with the exact same thing.  after two rockets, the tank has spotted you and blown you to bits.  A good tank driver just smashes it in reverse 100 feet to get away from you and rips you apart.  Unfortunately, there's really no harder hitting free-fire launcher.  The Javelin does more damage, but having to keep yourself exposed to hold the lock on is dangerous.

shots to the back of the tank definitely do more damage, but even then its 3 RPG shots.  Against vehicles, the Law sucks, and the SMAW blows.  RPG is your best bet, even better if there's another competent Engineer in your squad.  saturday night me and this one dude camped near the enemy spawn on Zavod 311.  we were both running RPG and working together taking out vehicles.  I must've had 4-5 anti-vehicle ribbons (10 vehicles destroyed).  Two decent engineers can wreak havoc on enemy vehicles.  But 9 times outta 10 I'm on a squad with idiots.  I love my SLAMs but most folks run the enemy explosive perk so all my mines glow bright red and are just shot out by the tank driver. 

Far as the IGLA, its got much better range than Stinger, but you must hold the lock on.  I think the range for IGLA is around 500 meters.  when aiming, the crosshairs will zero in and beep when your target is in range and you can fire.  if you draw flares the first time, the reload is pretty quick so you're a sure hit on the second shot.  You might not flat out destroy it, but with damn near every single IGLA impact  you're going to get big vehicle mobility damage and the chopper is on its way down before the pilots bail

Both actually.  They are motion activated.  You can either lay them on the ground like anti-tank mines, and they'll detonate when a vehicle rolls over them.  or you can toss them on the vehicle like C4.  when the vehicle starts moving (has to reach a certain speed, but its really slow) they detonate.

To make them more inconspicuous, since they are triggered by enemy vehicle's motion, i've even seen people throw slams on the walls of a narrow alley or on the side of blown out cars where there is a tight squeeze for the tank to get through, and eventually set off. They seem to have a motion radius of 5-7 feet.

Thanks Chewy!  I just got my three remaining destructions using the SLAMs, I ran up behind a jeep, it took off around the corner.  I ran and tossed out three on the road, hid in a building and it came back around looking for me BOOM!  

Same with taking out two tanks, I just tossed all of them on the ground on the road they kept going up and down on, BOOM!  

haha, no problem Tazer.  I'm far from a Battlefield expert, but i sure do enjoy blowing up bad guy vehicles :D

@ drums, I agree.  taking out a tank by yourself with rockets is a PITA.  slammage or porridge (c-fourage) is a piece of cake.  only sucky part is when you're within feet of a tank about to toss your boom packets on it but it sees you at the last second, and you get point-blanked by the 120mm LOL

Both actually. They are motion activated. You can either lay them on the ground like anti-tank mines, and they'll detonate when a vehicle rolls over them. or you can toss them on the vehicle like C4. when the vehicle starts moving (has to reach a certain speed, but its really slow) they detonate.

To make them more inconspicuous, since they are triggered by enemy vehicle's motion, i've even seen people throw slams on the walls of a narrow alley or on the side of blown out cars where there is a tight squeeze for the tank to get through, and eventually set off. They seem to have a motion radius of 5-7 feet.

Don't stop there. Slams work on stop sign poles , telephone poles , boulders , trees anywhere that a vehicle can drive by , not on. I have yet to use them on the road . A good tank or armored driver is always spotting the road for explosives but not the other places. Another great place is on the water maps on the bridge pylons or docks where the Boats spawn :-)

Archived