Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ignore The Noise.

redskins4ever28

I was saying this in another thread and I feel some of you really need to learn what this means if you dont already know.  I first saw it used on the episode of "A Football Life: Bill Bellechick" from the 2009 season.  It was right after Brady came back from his ACL injury, and he was not playing very good, and the Pats defense was atrocious.  The Patriots had the ball, and they were up on the Colts by (I think) 5 points, and it was 4th and 2, 2 minutes left, and backed up on their own like 28 yard line (again I think it was the 28).  If they dont get this 4th down, Mannings pretty much a hop away from the End Zone.  Bellechick goes for it and misses it, and the Colts come back and win the game with a Manning to Wayne TD.  The media jumped on Bellechick, they said he didnt trust his defense, they said Brady wasnt the same, they said the PAtriots are finally out of gas and the best team of the past decade was about to come to an end. 

There were signs up all over the Patriots practice facility.  Inside the building, on the walls, in the windows, in offices of the coaches etc;  They all said the same thing "Ignore the noise."  After this game, Bellechick then came into a meeting and said "What do we say, huh?  Ignore the noise.  They are saying I dont trust you guys, they are saying I dont have faith in you.  Well thats total bull****, if I didnt have faith in you, then you wouldnt be on the field.  Ignore the noise guys, thats all it is.  They try to create so much that you cant hear yourself think at times, just remember to ignore it."

It really made sense to me.  So many media outlets and journalist are only trying to get some ratings, very few actually care about facts, and care about giving fair information.   Skip Bayless, Steven A Smith, Colin Cowturd, the list goes on.  They care about one thing, ratings.  The funny part is, 95% of them dont even watch the games.  Cowhurd said the other day he hasnt watched a regular season Redskins game since last Thanksgiving, but hes able to tell us whats wrong with our team?  Fred Smoot comes out and says some things, and some of you buy into it?!  Ignore the noise guys.  Pretend there is no media, and theres just you watching the game, what observations do you have then?  Without anyone screaming in your ear what to think and what opinion to have, then what do you feel?

In my opinion, this teams still a good team.  I think Griffin has done fantastic for having his 2nd knee reconstruction in just 4 years, and to come back after 8 months is also amazing.  So many people are jumping on him, but he is trying his butt off out there.  Theres going to be rust, theres going to be pain, but for Gods sake, give the guy a break, he literally just had his knee shredded open and hes probably a little bit rusty and a lacks a little confidence in it right now.  Mike Shanahan turned this team around, and now you guys are all turning on him.  Hes still a good coach, he still turned this team around from a retirement home for vets, to a young, hard working, hard nosed team.  IF you look at this team without media bias, I see great things, but I also see bad things.  I see that our defense has still not proved to me that Haslett is not even an average DC.  With Kerrigan, and Orakpo, we should have a much better defense.  I also feel we are still lacking on the secondary and we lack a true safety.  PHillip Thomas hopefully will fill that role next year.

People saying Griffin needs humbled, those are the same people who said they loved his confidence last year.  People saying Mike Shanahan is a task master and lost the respect of the locker room because of his Drill Sargent ways, are the same people who applauded his treatment of Haynesworth and the other old lazy vets who came here.  The people saying Griffin is loving the attention, also dont see that hes said all the right things to the media.  HEs put the blame on himself, HEs the one who said HE has to get better.  HE has NEVER made an excuse, yet the media crucifies him.  All because he was the hot young QB that was so popular, so they LOVE to document the rise and fall of a celebrity football player.  Take a step back guys, Griffin has done all the right things outside of the game, and after the Lions game, I feel he is finally starting to come back to form a little.  Once he gets his confidence in his knee back, and gets the rust off, he will be good again.  Yes, its true that it might be too late by then, but whats another year?  Weve waited 22 already.

If you look at this team as a whole, they are not a bad team, but the media clouds your judgement on RG3, Shanahan, and others.  Ignore the noise, the world isnt ending, even if the season starts to look bleak and we may not make the playoffs, we are still a good team, and Griffin still looks to be pretty dang elite. 

Mike Shanahan is not Bill Belicheck.

This Redskins team we all cheer for sucks, get over it.

The silver lining is that they have a franchise QB to build around but there is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much building yet to do. Yay! Go Skins! Year 4 of The Great Shammy Rebuild is fuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Here I thought this topic was going to be about a subject rarely talked about our home games. Why is it that when I watch the Steelers home games the fans understand when to make noise (on 3rd down and only after a big defensive play) but when we are at home the fans seemingly make noise when ever they feel like it? If the fans would take a page out of the Steelers playbook and really only make noise and ALOT of it when we are on Defense in specific situations I'm certain we would have a better home field advantage then we do now.

About the OP thoughts I believe the correct thing to always do for a professional is to always let the talking happen on the field. Far too often our players are in the news saying things about the team that they shouldn't. Why Garcon is telling the media that RG3 is not healthy these days is unknown to me. Why not take another page out of the Patriots playbook and say nothing at all? Yesterday Belicheck had this exchange with reporters

Q: How close was Rob Gronkowski to playing yesterday?

BB: I don’t know. He was inactive.

Q: Did he have a shot to play?

BB: He was inactive.

Q: Going into the day, was there a chance he’d play?

BB: He was inactive for the game.

Q: What about Danny Amendola?

BB: He was inactive too.

Q: I know they were inactive.

BB: They were inactive so they didn’t play.

Q: I think you have an idea how close they were.

BB: Well, they weren’t able to play. What do you want, percentage points? They couldn’t play.

Q: Going into the day, did you know they couldn’t play?

BB: They were inactive.

Q: That doesn’t answer my question.

BB: They were inactive, it’s as simple as that.

That right there is how the team and players should speak to the media. They are required to speak to them, but they do not have to tell them anything. Players saying things like RG3 isn't healthy only adds fuel to the media's fire. Even if it's apparent and a blind man can see that RG3 is not himself no one should be saying that to the media. Garcon is really causing a problem for the team right now. The only words anyone should be saying to the media is check the film we left it out there to see.

Here I thought this topic was going to be about a subject rarely talked about our home games. Why is it that when I watch the Steelers home games the fans understand when to make noise (on 3rd down and only after a big defensive play) but when we are at home the fans seemingly make noise when ever they feel like it? If the fans would take a page out of the Steelers playbook and really only make noise and ALOT of it when we are on Defense in specific situations I'm certain we would have a better home field advantage then we do now.

About the OP thoughts I believe the correct thing to always do for a professional is to always let the talking happen on the field. Far too often our players are in the news saying things about the team that they shouldn't. Why Garcon is telling the media that RG3 is not healthy these days is unknown to me. Why not take another page out of the Patriots playbook and say nothing at all? Yesterday Belicheck had this exchange with reporters

That right there is how the team and players should speak to the media. They are required to speak to them, but they do not have to tell them anything. Players saying things like RG3 isn't healthy only adds fuel to the media's fire. Even if it's apparent and a blind man can see that RG3 is not himself no one should be saying that to the media. Garcon is really causing a problem for the team right now. The only words anyone should be saying to the media is check the film we left it out there to see.

Amen

The Redskins somehow managed to tune out, or perhaps even feed off of, all the negative talk last year when they were 3-6 and then proceeded to go seven in a row.

My hope is that whatever program we used over that two week period, whatever switch we flipped, we do it again.  I think a certain amount of negative press can be a good motivator, but too much, and especially the wild stuff, hopefully will be filtered out.  We play a struggling Raiders team this week, so best case scenario is we go out there, win, and use the bye week to get all the lead out.

Here I thought this topic was going to be about a subject rarely talked about our home games. Why is it that when I watch the Steelers home games the fans understand when to make noise (on 3rd down and only after a big defensive play) but when we are at home the fans seemingly make noise when ever they feel like it?

It's likely the same reason some fans started seriously talking about subbing Cousins in or firing Shanahan after only 3 games.  Our fanbase, while zealous, is not always particularly bright.

Yesterday Belicheck had this exchange with reporters

(interview)

I disagree. BB is an ***hole and answering questions like this is his own way of being a diva and dominating a room with his over-inflated ego. 

I like real people. This would piss me off to no end if Robert or any Redskins player/coach answered questions like this. 

I disagree. BB is an ***hole and answering questions like this is his own way of being a diva and dominating a room with his over-inflated ego. 

I like real people. This would piss me off to no end if Robert or any Redskins player/coach answered questions like this. 

Really?  I think Bellechick is awesome with the media.  All the media does is try to get ratings by blowing things out of proportion and by making drama out of everything.  One of the reasons the Patriots have been such a winning organization the past 15 years is because, in my opinion, Bellechick shuts the media out.  No noise = serenity.

Really?  I think Bellechick is awesome with the media.  All the media does is try to get ratings by blowing things out of proportion and by making drama out of everything.  One of the reasons the Patriots have been such a winning organization the past 15 years is because, in my opinion, Bellechick shuts the media out.  No noise = serenity.

I don't really think that has anything to do with them winning. They had stronger coaching, talent and leadership on the field. That is why they won. 

Yeah I gotta say I agree. The media twists words and makes up too much nonsense these days. Was saying in the last Garçon thread a week ago regarding the brace... It's time for our players to just answer yes, no or no comment.

Archived