Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Did everybody feel this way about Logan after 2011 when he looked pretty dang beastly and went into the 12 season as a top QB prospect?

He lost a bunch of offensive talent and had inept offensive coaching and undoubtedly was awful last year. Hes got the tools though and could be a value pick if everyone feels like you all do.

Disclaimer: He lives in my town, went to my HS a few years after I did, taking them to the state title game and now QBs my beloved college team. So I am biased for sure but still...

Logan has talent sure, but when you watch him he should have progressed, he took a step back. Logan looked like someone who just wasn't a QB last year simple as that. He's better off in my mind of going back to TE in the NFL 

I really want Daniel McCullers. NT for The Vols. Beast of an man and I think he can play DE in our system too. If somehow we can get a first for Cousin after this year(Gruden gets the Jets job). And we could pull Mosley and McCullers would put us at an Elite Defense.

I think McCullers is as NT as it gets, and strictly a 2 downer. He doesn't have the athleticism of Cody or Poe, but I like him as a prospect. He is great at getting leverage and just bullrushing single blockers.

What do folks anticipate our needs being next year? 

I'm thinking (in no particular order and barring injuries):

RT

RG

Slot Receiver

ILB

DE

NT

CB

Unclear, we kind of need to anticipate who we can bring back and who we can't.  There are a lot of guys on the last years of their deal.  Because of that, positions like Corner (again) and WR could become areas of need.  I'd like more depth on the D-Line.

It's also not just RT, but if Compton eventually starts, then we still need a backup swing Tackle.

I think McCullers is as NT as it gets, and strictly a 2 downer. He doesn't have the athleticism of Cody or Poe, but I like him as a prospect. He is great at getting leverage and just bullrushing single blockers.

I've got to disagree. For one the Vols play him outside too or should I say he lines up between the Tackle and Guard. Another thing is he just doesn't dominate single man. He holds he's own vs 2 and sometimes 3. I suggest you go and watch him vs Missouri n Bama.

RT

RG

Slot Receiver

ILB

DE

NT

CB

Despite drafting two I would think Safety would be a priority as well, at least at this juncture unless Rambo has a great season and BM shows he can stay healthy for the year and make an impact. 

I've got to disagree. For one the Vols play him outside too or should I say he lines up between the Tackle and Guard. Another thing is he just doesn't dominate single man. He holds he's own vs 2 and sometimes 3. I suggest you go and watch him vs Missouri n Bama.

That's still lined up at 3 tech, I don't see him as a 5 tech or even a 3 tech in the pros.  Bullrushing is his only real move right now.  Don't get me wrong, I like him for what he is, but I would be surprised if he puts up the combine numbers Poe did.  Which is good for us because it means he won't be a 1st rounder.

RT

RG

Slot Receiver

ILB

DE

NT

CB

I think those are all reasonable picks, maybe add safety to that as there are still a lot of question marks there.  Seems to be a lot of needs for what we're hoping is a playoff team.  With us getting cap room back we'll be able to bring in some free agents though, so that's a welcome thought.  Lots of good tackles set to be free agents next year, but I'm betting most will be re-signed.  Would love to get a shot at Eric Winston though.  He'll be 30 and the cards have talent behind him (Massie) so they may let him become an FA.

I think those are all reasonable picks, maybe add safety to that as there are still a lot of question marks there.  Seems to be a lot of needs for what we're hoping is a playoff team.  With us getting cap room back we'll be able to bring in some free agents though, so that's a welcome thought.  Lots of good tackles set to be free agents next year, but I'm betting most will be re-signed.  Would love to get a shot at Eric Winston though.  He'll be 30 and the cards have talent behind him (Massie) so they may let him become an FA.

There's gotta be an issue with Winston.  Maybe he's a total asshole in the lockerroom or something.  This is his 3rd team in 3 years.  After the Chiefs released him, the Texans (who also have RT issues) didn't even look at him.  He was a FA for months and well into training camp.  At this point, I'd rather give Compton a shot and draft/develop another OT incase Compton doesn't work out.

There's gotta be an issue with Winston.  Maybe he's a total asshole in the lockerroom or something.  This is his 3rd team in 3 years.  After the Chiefs released him, the Texans (who also have RT issues) didn't even look at him.  He was a FA for months and well into training camp.  At this point, I'd rather give Compton a shot and draft/develop another OT incase Compton doesn't work out.

Agreed.

That and the fact that we still may have lingering effects from the cap penalty and I'd rather not blow our load on a 30+ lineman.

A-Z, do you happen to know which players are on the last year of their deal? Would be interesting to know in anticipating 2014 needs.

So right now, I kinda want to scout out potential 3-4 DE's who are like Kyle Williams on the Bills.  Check this article out describing Kyle Williams.  Basically anyone that can get up and under the o-line before they're even really out of their stance.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/71583/the-all-22-all-stars-kyle-williams-the-underestimated-monster

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

A-Z, do you happen to know which players are on the last year of their deal? Would be interesting to know in anticipating 2014 needs.

Sure:

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/2014/washington-redskins/

Renner spins a decent ball. Purely just looking at the catchability of it, not placement or anything else, right now. Looks on par with what you can get from Grossman (large generalizations here). I haven't looked at repertoire or trajectory, velocity or range.

His system has got him in the gun more the last two seasons. So he's familiar with the Shotgun, Single-Wing RB, play-action offense. He also has under center, zone run blocking familiarity. I need to really look at him in comparison to Yates, but right now Renner has that nice mid-round label which always makes for consideration as a development back-up QB. 

I'm looking forward to watching/scouting ...

Andrew Jackson ilb wku

Just from all the work I did up to last spring, nothing so far this season, I think Andrew J. is probably the quintessential London developmental MLB. 

Mack had himself a good day. He really stood out and made key plays that kept his overmatched team in the ballgame.

Out of all the things he did well one of the most outstanding was just his strength at the POA. He was rollerskating any o-lineman he got into contact with. The play in which he was called for a penalty (hands to the face) he did everything well there ... and it was such a key play that had it stood without the penalty, his sack and possible forced fumble really could have done damage to OSU while they looked gased and were cramping up.

Remember that play he gets off the block and chases down B. Miller and tosses him backwards and the ball pops out at the OSU 3 yard-line. It was just one play among many.

When he was stacked, again, he didn't slide nor shed with the same authority he does when he's rushing the QB. He was good at dropping into coverage or into space. A few times he got flat footed and watched the play, but for the most part he reacted quick and made tackles in space. 

He was a standout today.

I know in my profile of K. Mack I called him a 2nd rounder with the proverbial "right now" ... well that was probably too conservative. He basically stood out as a 1st rounder today.

And my "love affair" with Tajh Boyd continues (tooc). I think he's a 1st rounder. And I know people will comp him to QBs of yesteryear, I comp him to Daunte Culpepper. One in just the physical stature. Two the way in which his release looks. Both drop the elbow and TB sometimes leans his release a-bit sidearm, it looks similar to DC. 

It may be a lazy comp, but that's what I see and I think it's fine. He's big and strong and can run and lower a shoulder as well as throw the ball well downfield on a strong arm and his good spiral action to it. 

I'd love to have TB here, same system and all, tough, but I think he's well gone before the 2nd round. 

I also think that Mariota is extremely good as well. I actually like him a lot. He too is big and strong, can run and throws the ball extremely well. And I keep trying to find a reason, try to nitpick his game and I'm just really a fan of him. I think he will get drafted earlier than later, but I got a feeling that he might be a value selection. Meaning he could last a little longer on the board and be available to a team outside of the traditional early QB selection period.

I tend to think he'll enter the draft early. I wouldn't mind him in our system. I think he'll be available later than say Boyd. 

Whoever #93 is for Clemson, chalk me up as someone who noticed him tonight. 

Also saw some of TCU v LSU: Again, Jarvis Landry is still my favorite receiver from the LSU corps. #23 for TCU had some really good speed and jukes on his kick-return for a TD.

Curious to see where we will go this year with our pick, I don't see any huge glaring holes barring the possibility of the rookies in the secondary showing absolutely nothing, which I doubt will be the case.

You could argue ILB is a pressing need since we are starting DC's local dinosaur there.  Maybe a true number 1 would be nice?  Pierre Garcon is great, but another dangerous threat would be really scary for this offense.

A right tackle maybe?  I don't think Shanahan is really a fan of drafting RTs high, although this is just off the top of my head.  I think he doesn't mind having an average player here.

I doubt we make a run on the secondary again, it is still a need (until proven otherwise imo) but we picked out a few players who are probably going to be here this coming year, God willing.

Am I missing something?  Opinions?  

Archived