Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

After a stellar pre-season/training camp the Rams sneak SAFs Cody Davis and Rashard Hall onto their practice sqaud.

In another note one of my favorite DL prospects got cut today by the Giants. They cut Marvin Austin, I wanted Austin when we took Jenkins. I would love to take a flier on the guy he has all the tools.

Never posted it yesterday, but even though it was Ohio, Teddy Bridgewater looked pretty damn impressive 

Clowney was not happy about that game lol. Bridgewater did look great and he should be able to keep it up all season against that schedule unlike Geno last year who started red hot and then faded once Big 12 play got tougher. 

Clowney was not happy about that game lol. Bridgewater did look great and he should be able to keep it up all season against that schedule unlike Geno last year who started red hot and then faded once Big 12 play got tougher.

Well, Geno and Bridgewater are much different prospects. Haven't yet sat down and watched Bridgewater thoroughly but from what I have seen he looks quite a bit better than Geno did, even during Geno's early season his passes just didn't have the ball placement of an elite prospect.

That said he probably gets drafted over Clowney unless a team like the Bills or Dolphins finish last overall (which, imo, is unlikely). The expected first overall picks-- raiders, jets, or jaguars-- all need qb so badly that they'll likely pass on Clowney, similar to the raiders passing on Calvin Johnson for Jamarcus Russell. And it'll be a mistake for all those teams.

Well, Geno and Bridgewater are much different prospects. Haven't yet sat down and watched Bridgewater thoroughly but from what I have seen he looks quite a bit better than Geno did, even during Geno's early season his passes just didn't have the ball placement of an elite prospect.That said he probably gets drafted over Clowney unless a team like the Bills or Dolphins finish last overall (which, imo, is unlikely). The expected first overall picks-- raiders, jets, or jaguars-- all need qb so badly that they'll likely pass on Clowney, similar to the raiders passing on Calvin Johnson for Jamarcus Russell. And it'll be a mistake for all those teams.

Yeah I never really watched Geno as a prospect closely or Bridgewater last year just commenting on how it looks like they are both going to start the season putting up video game numbers.

Agree with you on teams passing on Clowney too.

I hope somehow he lands with a decent team.

I will truly feel so bad for him if he goes to the freaking Raiders or the JETS

Ideal Situation: Clowney goes to Raiders. He can be a beast and that team will never go anywhere.

Bridgewater goes to Jacksonville. Maybe JETS if Rex gets fired.

I hope somehow he lands with a decent team.

I will truly feel so bad for him if he goes to the freaking Raiders or the JETS

Ideal Situation: Clowney goes to Raiders. He can be a beast and that team will never go anywhere.

Bridgewater goes to Jacksonville. Maybe JETS if Rex gets fired.

Not sure if you mean Clowney goes to a decent team or Bridgewater. I'm a huge fan of Clowney (I remember seeing his high school tapes before he even played in college) and I want that guy to go to a team that I could root for. Plus I loved Mario Williams too, so having him combine with Mario would be awesome, but Bills likely won't be picking top 2.

What do folks anticipate our needs being next year? 

I'm thinking (in no particular order and barring injuries):

RT

RG

Slot Receiver

ILB

DE

NT

CB

Good question and good list. I'm thinking RT, RG, WR, DE, S, CB, ILB. Cofield is a stud at NT IMO.

However its very early to start thinking about our specific needs - we need to see how the season goes and who develops from the younger guys and also which of our own key free agents we bring back. 

What do folks anticipate our needs being next year?  .....

I'll leave depth out of it and go with the starting XI, both sides of the ball. 

True 34 NT. 

Disruptive DE.

Starting ILB. 

True #1 Corner. (Even if Amerson steps up.).

RT.

Slot receiver to replace Santana. 

RG.

C.

Give me four or five of those to add to what we have and increase young, talented depth and it will be another winning off-season,

Hail. 

I'll leave depth out of it and go with the starting XI, both sides of the ball. 

True 34 NT. 

Disruptive DE.

Starting ILB. 

True #1 Corner. (Even if Amerson steps up.).

RT.

Slot receiver to replace Santana. 

RG.

C.

Give me four or five of those to add to what we have and increase young, talented depth and it will be another winning off-season,

Hail.

Top flight corners, especially as rookies, are hard to come by past round 1, so I don't expect to see us go there again. Every other position usually has great value in the 2nd round, so that's exciting for our team. We aren't looking for the high priority positions, aside from cb, and that is a great state to be in.

Pass rushing/penetrating DE

ILB

RT

----------------------------------------------------

SAF

RG

WR

----------------------------------------------------

CB

This is exactly how I see it too. I actually think we will take another look at Talib again and there are going to be a lot of FA options at CB again so that added with the younger guys we have makes me think we will be ok at CB as far as the draft goes. 

Not sure if you listed each tier in order but I would look for ILB and RT ahead of DE in that tier. 

Top flight corners, especially as rookies, are hard to come by past round 1, so I don't expect to see us go there again. Every other position usually has great value in the 2nd round, so that's exciting for our team. We aren't looking for the high priority positions, aside from cb, and that is a great state to be in.

He just asked how we see our needs. 

Not how we'll get hose needs.  ;) 2014, we're back on a level playing field lets not forget. FA, you have been served notice!

Hail. 

And I'd be really surprised if we didn't add one notable CB this FA period. I think you all can figure out the name.....

Honestly, from past FA signings we always seem to avoid the biggest name at the position.  What about Sam Shields from the Packers?  He'll be 26 next year.  Fits the whole sign-younger-players-entering-their-prime thing that the FO has made a focus.

I suspect we continue our trend of high upside picks now that our roster seems fairly settled. With alleviated cap space we should easily be able to resign our important free agents. Early assumption, but I expect Fletcher and Moss to retire.

For biggest upside we might be looking at Antone Exum from VT. Converted safety, and supposedly he'll return in October from an acl tear he suffered last january, but his 2012 games look pretty solid. Broke up the 4th highest amount of passes in college football, his talent is pretty evident.

A good tackler for a corner. He doesn't give you the leaping ability or length of someone like Amerson, but he tenaciously covers his receiver, rarely allowing an uncontested throw.

If his recovery is slow, he might fall to the 2nd or lower, making him a high upside target for us. Doubling down on corners in back to back years may not be awful if we struggle defending the pass again.

In the first quarter, Reese has 110 yards receiving. And Baylor has 28 points on the board. Yes, I am a homer.

I'm still not a big fan of Reese. He doesn't have particularly good hands and I just don't see the explosiveness you'd expect of someone who could survive in the pros at his size. If there is a player I hope we get to replace Moss it's got to be Robert Herron. He's got fantastic hands and great acceleration, good agility but not an elite level. Plays almost exclusively in the slot at Wyoming. Only downside on him is experience (route-running, playing the sidelines, etc) and injuries, but he hasn't had anything major. Concussion as a freshman and a shin injury (looks like shin splints) as a junior.

Archived