Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theory: Grossman.....bills?

SkinfanORG

Oh, if I had to pick where Pat White will be, two weeks from now? 

I'd say he's going to be on the practice squad (on an NFCE team?), where he will simulate RG3 or other read option QB's, for the team's starting D to practice against. 

he can't even do read option correctly.  He can't even throw the simplest routes

Oh, if I had to pick where Pat White will be, two weeks from now? 

I'd say he's going to be on the practice squad (on an NFCE team?), where he will simulate RG3 or other read option QB's, for the team's starting D to practice against. 

He isn't eligible for the practice squad.

Rex Grossman wouldn't bring in enough value to make it worth it.  Our top two Qb's are injured.  This is the 5th season Grossman has been in Kyle's offense.  Rex is more valuable to us than he is to other teams.

Bottom line, Rex is one hell of an insurance policy.  There is no other team in the league with that caliber QB sitting 3rd string.  Not one.

yeah no other team in the league is paying their #3 QB the type of money we are paying Rex... just saying...

Back to this topic... Rex doesnt hold much value to other teams... and even more so because the preseason is pretty much over...

Rex? Zero chance. 

1% chance our front office swindles a new regime in Buffalo that's reeling on something like a "conditional 7th rounder" for Pat White on the basis that they don't want to risk losing him on the waiver wire and he would be a decent 2nd fiddle to a read-option guy in E.J. Manuel. And that incredibly high number is only because I have the utmost respect for how good our Front Office has become. 

Why all the neg on White in here. Have you been watching the same games I have? White has looked better than Grossman and would have looked MUCH better had Grossman not gotten VERY lucky with a pick six on Saturday.  Shanny said Grossman looked "good" this weekend. His praise for White was much more effusive. I'm telling you, Shanny likes White.

Grossman plays well at times but he is Grossman, king of the poor throwing decision off his back foot into triple coverage. I'm perfectly comfortable with White starting against Philly. All he has done this pre-season is score and win. As a matter of fact, we owe our first win totally to him after his miracle play to get the 2 point conversion.

It would be INSANE to keep Grossman over White at this point.  INSANE. Grossman is old, tired, immobile and a headcase under pressure. White is the opposite of all of that.  And don't forget, White was a VERY good college QB and a much better athlete than Grossman ever will be.

My prediction.  Grossman goes, White stays. Not even a hard choice.

Anyone who thinks Pat White at any time should be our #2 QB is either a West Virginia "homer" or just shot up an eight ball. NUMBER TWO? Son, you need to check in to a rehab center.

Just got on to read my xskins!.... This post (in my eyes) wins the most coveted 'useless point of the thread' award.

But, with a full year of training at #3, plus a full off season, another training camp......I HAVE NO DOUBT Pat White could be a # 2 for RGIII

Some folks say there's no way he could be a #2, not sure what they are watching......But i'm sure they haven't thought about how much improvement could be had in the next year if he makes the team. 

He "flashes" greatness. Can't teach that...It's there.

On the other hand, with the signing of Matt Leinart, My Rex to the Bills theory has holes.   :D

Can't let Rex go now, he would probably end up under Jerry Jones desk in about an hour, or bent over one in Philly......

Just got on to read my xskins!.... This post (in my eyes) wins the most coveted 'useless point of the thread' award.

But, with a full year of training at #3, plus a full off season, another training camp......I HAVE NO DOUBT Pat White could be a # 2 for RGIII

Some folks say there's no way he could be a #2, not sure what they are watching......But i'm sure they haven't thought about how much improvement could be had in the next year if he makes the team. 

On the other hand, with the signing of Matt Leinart, My Rex to the Bills theory has holes.   :D

Can't let Rex go now, he would probably end up under Jerry Jones desk in about an hour, or bent over one in Philly......

Not a great way to start posting in the forum with this new account. Start a thread immediately (not advised for most new folks but you actually did that part ok) and promptly start violating rules (highlighted red) and/or tossing darts (highlighted green) without learning the lay of the land. Such often die quickly on ES. So pace yourself.  :)

yeah no other team in the league is paying their #3 QB the type of money we are paying Rex... just saying...

Back to this topic... Rex doesnt hold much value to other teams... and even more so because the preseason is pretty much over...

no other team in the league is paying their #3 QB the Vet minimum?

did all of the other #3 QBs in the league fall off the back of a Cosco truck in Northern NJ?

but yeah...i agree... Rex's value to other teams is really not very high.  He is just like 45 or so other retreads that don't know their systems.

And now i'm curious as to the OP's position after reading this post of his from the memorable "Rg3 Prima Donna" thread:

The more i think about it, the more i feel this whole Shann Vs RGIII is a some sort of smoke screen. Behind the closed door type stuff. 

This is a HUGE time for KC.........IMHO there is 0% chance we keep him. From what i have read, 10 teams or so could use him now. 

So by putting RGIII on the bench pre-season, you get the chance to showcase KC to the whole league in a STARTING TYPE roll. 

You also get a few extra weeks healing for RGIII............. win win 

Now the only question i have is, did it piss off RGIII knowing this, or is he okay with it? Portis never wanted to play pre-season, most vets want to do away with it, but this young QB wants to play like its a reg. season game???? Not adding up to me.

They keep talking about the "PLAN" That is what this is all about, and behind closed doors, i feel they are on the same page. 

Hell, another way out possible option:

RGIII is taking a step back in pre-season to allow KC to showcase for the NFL.....If this is true, he's not going to ever act like he doesn't want to play. Think that is way too far out? Did he not bring scouts to Baylor to give his teammates a shot at the NFL? I

Bold prediction time: 

Don't be shocked if KC is traded this year. If he has another very good pre-season game! 

1st and a 3rd........and a player 

So the OP is making a new thread based on the well-thought out analysis that we're trading both Rex and Kirk this off-season?  :)

Can we just please keep our assets (yes, Rex is an asset) instead of trying to figure out ways to get rid of them?  I'd say Pat White will more than likely be cut since we are not keeping 4 QB's on the roster.  Rex is too much of a player/coach to get rid of - he is valuable to this team while not stepping foot onto the field.  But even in a pinch, I'd rather have Rex in the game as our 3rd stringer than a majority of league's #2 QB's. 

If you can trade Pat White, obviously go for it.  The dude has been out of the league for 3 years.  I think there is nothing wrong with having RG3/Cousins/Rex as our 3 QB's.  Other teams are jealous that we are so deep at QB.  Our top 2 are banged up as it is, why get rid of Rex?

On the other hand, with the signing of Matt Leinart, My Rex to the Bills theory has holes. :D

If you had have said number 3 QB, I could live with that. Number 2 is totally out of the relm of possibility. There is no way I wound want any part of Pat White backing up the franchise. Not even comparable.

Not a great way to start posting in the forum with this new account. Start a thread immediately (not advised for most new folks but you actually did that part ok) and promptly start violating rules (highlighted red) and/or tossing darts (highlighted green) without learning the lay of the land. Such often die quickly on ES. So pace yourself. :)

Thanks for the backup, but in the immortal words of George Lopez, "I got this!"

Here's the deal with Pat White.

The Skins want a backup QB who:  1) is not completely different from RGIII in general (cannon arm notwithstanding); 2) who can run most of the offense if RGIII has to miss some time (but not a full season); and 3) who is not going to constantly search out a starting gig.  That person is someone who understands his limitations and knows that if he ever wants to be on an NFL roster, his role is going to be the "starting" backup QB.  Pat White is there.  After his first attempt at football failed miserably, he ordered a double reality on the rocks and now here he is.  He is not ready to be a backup yet, but with continued work he could be next season.  His growth so far is tremendous.  However, the Skins cannot waste a roster spot on a pupil studying for the backup role so they will cut him.  Another team we play may want to pick him up, but White knows that he'll be doing the walk of shame after the game, so he has an understanding with D.C.  He won't sign elsewhere, and they'll continue to mentor him as legally as possible -- send him game films, maybe have him throw with other hopefuls during the season, whatever, and then he gets resigned over the winter when rosters expand and hopefully after a second offseason he's capable.  Basically, if White ever has a hope of landing a roster spot other than as a gimmick wildcat thing, this is it.

Archived