Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets Pull Geno Smith In 4Th Quarter, Put In Sanchez

Veretax

And then Sanchez gets laid out by the giants.  I'm guessing a separated shoulder.   I don't know who's idea it was to play Geno Smith as long as they did, and then put in Mark Sanchez in the 4th Quarter, but this is the preseason.  I think someone up in NY Jet's Staff should be given the big boot for that.  just seems dirty to me.

What do you guys think?

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with that organization.   Geno looked pretty anemic the few plays I saw.  He's a decent QB, but I don't think he has a cast around him.  Sanchez will probably be out several games.  

I think there is zero chance that Rex is going anywhere, especially now that we have our top 2 QB's on ice at the moment.

Yeah... call my last post an abnormal blurt.   I posted before thinking through the situation.   I dunno what we'd get for Rex though.

I saw the presser too. That line "I wanted to win so we had Sanchez in" is what got me.

Yes, you would like to win every game you play, yes, the players play to win (insert Herm Edwards here). But then again, it's the meaningless preseason. You don't put a potential starter in the fourth quarter of the third preseason game because you want to win it. At that point, you should be about finding out about players than trying to win.

I saw the presser too. That line "I wanted to win so we had Sanchez in" is what got me.

Yes, you would like to win every game you play, yes, the players play to win (insert Herm Edwards here). But then again, it's the meaningless preseason. You don't put a potential starter in the fourth quarter of the third preseason game because you want to win it. At that point, you should be about finding out about players than trying to win.

Sounds like a guy that doesn't want to be a head coach anymore.

I remember being surprised when the ravens let Rex go. But, it was obviously the right decision. Mthe Jets look like they could be historically bad this year, and I do think Rex needs to go at this point. It should be funny as hell to watch though. A good case study in how piss poor personnel decisions will sink a franchise.

Yeah the Rex Ryan Presser after the game was must watch TV.   The guy looked upset that people would ask why he put Sanchez in.  'We were still competing' or something.  I thought he was going to go off and rip the microphone off the stand.

Putting in a QB who's 'competing' for the starting spot in the 4th quarter of a preseason game is cheap. It's obvious Rex has an inferiority complex when it comes to the Giants.

But his press conference meltdown was a riot. I hope it eventually gets turned into a beer commercial.

Btw, did anyone see that John Beck is working out for the Jets on Monday?

Cue the Benny Hill theme music when the Jets get on the field. But that was messed up what he did to Sanchez, and I don't even care for Sanchez. How do you put him in with 3rd and 4th stringers that are trying to make the practice squad? Rex doesn't want to be the coach for the Jets anymore. 

And then Sanchez gets laid out by the giants.  I'm guessing a separated shoulder.   I don't know who's idea it was to play Geno Smith as long as they did, and then put in Mark Sanchez in the 4th Quarter, but this is the preseason.  I think someone up in NY Jet's Staff should be given the big boot for that.  just seems dirty to me.

What do you guys think?

Wow...I really feel bad for Sanchez.  All the butt fumble jokes aside, someone in NY should get fired for making this decision.  I was one of those who advocate starting Geno, simply because I was intrigued about his potential.  Then I saw him play....man, what a mess in NY.  But then again, this is just preseason.  I think with experience, Geno wouldn't be as bad as he played last night.

Archived