Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins vs. Titans...jersey color?

Godfather151981

Admittedly I'm a bit of a uniform geek in all sports (not just NFL). So with that said, anyone know what uniform combination the Redskins are wearing tonight in Tenn? There's always a lot of conversation about this, but if it were up to me they'd wear burgundy jerseys and white pants at home, and white jerseys and burgundy pants on the road (if the opponent wears colored jerseys). A lot of people like the gold pants, and that's fine (just not my favorite). But whether the pants are burgundy, white, or gold, I'm glad they don't do white at home anymore. Hated that!

I'm going to guess they are in white tops with gold pants( I LOVE the mustardy gold goodness) tonight. The Titans may force them into the burg tops if the weather is unbearable.

ps: In before the merge.

I'm thinking that's probably what we'll see also. Some teams (the Ravens being one of them) actually publish what jersey color the team is wearing in their gameday notes. 

It's always tickled me how in American sports it's 'uniforms' and 'jerseys' as opposed to 'kits/ strips' and 'shirts' in the rest of the World.

Hail.

In hockey it's sweaters.

Now that's just WRONG!

It's a game not a freeking social event.

I'ma draw the line at 'sweaters!'

Hail.

Must be the Canadians. (I keeeed. I keeeed)

I don't care what they wear, I'm just glad we will no longer be seeing that hideous half collar.

OMG...I love the half collar!

I think you may be in the minority on this one - that looks like they have a toilet seat around their neck (in my opinion), especially when the Bills wore white on blue. I'm pretty sure I read we don't have those anymore but can't speak for all teams.

I heard that a lot of teams got rid of them, and if last night is any indication the Redskins are one of them. I suspect that the NFL thought that it would look cool, but once the teams started playing they realized how horrible it was. I'm not sure why anyone would think that was a good idea, but whatever.

Half collar looked bad last year. Glad they ditched them. Not that I don't like that they celebrate breast cancer awareness month, because I'm glad they do, but I'd much rather see a patch on the jersey and a sticker on the helmet as opposed to the massive wave of pink for four weeks.

Archived