Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Bezos buys Washington Post

Corcaigh

The interesting question is how well Bezos can adapt the Post to the 21st Century and the Internet age. My fear for all of us is the continued shrinking of newsrooms and the stories that don't get adequate or any coverage because of it.

Still, very proud of being published in the Post.

It'll be a mini rant, but since the Post went to limited online content for non-subs (there are a myriad of ways around it, btw) they've resorted to "misleading" "articles". In the past, one couldn't click on an article that wasn't at least somewhat fleshed out. Nowadays, they'll run a two paragraph "article" that basically restates the headline in long format.

More importantly, online journalism doesn't seem on the same level as it's print counterpart. 

The press is one of the bedrocks of this country. The ability to call those in power, in print, on the carpet. I don't know what the end game is and I hope Bezos sees himself more as a steward than an owner of the Washington Post. The former beholden more to a set of ideals than to the amount of revenue the publication brings in. 

I moved from the DC area have a decade ago now and my daily connection, albeit digitally, to the area is Extremeskins and the Washington Post. I hope Bezos keeps it in print for a long time. 

Knew it was on his wish list, but I guess. He finally decided to add it to his shopping cart before checking out.

Bezos is now receiving several annoying emails every week informing him that...

Entrepeneurs who bought the Washington Post also bought...Variety Magazine...The Asbury Park Gazette...The Huffington Post...

Knew it was on his wish list, but I guess. He finally decided to add it to his shopping cart before checking out.

Bezos is now receiving several annoying emails every week informing him that...

Entrepeneurs who bought the Washington Post also bought...Variety Magazine...The Asbury Park Gazette...The Huffington Post...

I'm expecting him to review his purchase in a week.

My fear for all of us is the continued shrinking of newsrooms and the stories that don't get adequate or any coverage because of it.

Still, very proud of being published in the Post.

That is a fear of mine also. It was the Newspapers investigative reporters that always helped keep Gvt and business straight. Now instead of local investigative reporters we have someone 1000 miles away giving their opinion in tier underwear on their blog

All the major papers have bureaus in the major cities of the world, I wonder how many there still are

Got a link to your article in the post ?  Congrats on it being published. Only thing I ever had published in the post was a used car ad

Archived