Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Vinny Cerrato on RGIII's comeback

Hitman21ST

(Also in BRBN)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/07/24/vinny-cerrato-on-rgiiis-comeback/

“You got to take it slowly,” Cerrato said on CBS Sports Radio’s Morning Show when asked about Griffin’s return to the field. “You’ve got to walk with kid gloves — just because of all the things, how it went down. Mike Shanahan’s got to be very tentative in what he does, just because of the way things were handled last year. So I don’t know that he gets much preseason action.”

Agreed! Then Cerrato was asked if he thinks RGIII will start week one, which is basically a given.

“It all depends on how he goes throughout,” Cerrato said. “If he’s ready, I think he starts. But I think they will be protective in that first game. It’s a Monday night game against Philadelphia — I don’t know that they let him go run and do a lot of things.”

“They’ve got to preach to him about playing smarter,” Cerrato continued. “You don’t have to win it with your legs; you can throw from the pocket. I think that’s the thing they have to work with him on, preach to him on, is play smart. Play smart — you don’t need to take hits. And if they can get him to do that, then he’ll play. But I think it’s going to be very tentative here at the beginning. He’s not going to get hit or touched for a long time.”

Is your life better now than it was, say, 23 seconds ago? Probably not. But it can’t be much worse, either. Vinny and I helped you stay medium for 23 or so seconds. There are worse things. Probably.

Why. Why do people ask Vinny Cerrato of all people how he would handle personnel?

sweet, it's always good to have additional baseline data established for what it looks like when a moron talks about RG3.  put this in the file along with the opinions of LaVar Arrington and pundits who liken Griffin to Michael Vick in the hope that someday future scientists might isolate and eradicate the cause of such debilitating stupidity.

Two thoughts:

1) The post is basically trolling by posting Cerrato's opinion and Steinberg says as much in his first paragraph. 

2) As much as I agree with what Vinny is saying, I'm sure Mike is tracking and I'm positive Mike doesn't need to hear it from Vinny.

List of people whose opinions about the Redskins I could go a lifetime without hearing:

1. Donovan McNabb

2. Vinny Cerrato

3. That drunk guy who hangs out by the Metro station

That drunk guy has been right twice before, which is two more times than the others you listed.  It is when he starts singing that scares me. :)

Archived