Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Steve KylerVerified account
‏@stevekylerNBA
NBA Board of Governors approves teams selling 2.5X2.5 ad patches on jerseys. Key point: Sponsor patch will not appear on the retail versions

‏@stevekylerNBA
The Ads on jerseys will be a three-year pilot program and is being done to give sponsors more engagement options with teams.

‏@stevekylerNBA
The ads on jerseys will begin with the 2017-18 season and be on the left corner of the jersey. Right corner will feature the Nike swoosh.

‏@stevekylerNBA
Team will have the option of selling a complete jersey in team shops featuring the ads, but this is not meant to impact retail versions

Soccer jerseys have had them for years and much more prominently displayed than a small patch. I'm not bothered by it. I just hope they eventually plan to use a portion of money to expand their D-league well beyond its current form. Where it actually becomes a scouting and development arm of the league and its teams.

This does nothing for the league in terms of quality it fan experience if it simply grows the pile split by players and ownership.

Probably the most fitting way for him to ride off in to the sunset. 

Polarizing.

It's weird, but for such a polarizing player during his career, I don't think Kobe is going to be nearly as polarizing in retirement. I think he's going to be near universally respected. He's got the rings. He's got the attitude--passionate, ultra competitive, with an almost mythic persona. Left every bit of what he had on the curt. He commands respect. Plus he's smart and well spoken and is poised to become an ambassador for the league like Bill Russell.

Some great players who were polarizing during their careers, stay polarizing after retirement. Like Iverson and Wilt. I don't think it'll be that way for Kobe.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Terry Stotts has become one of the best coaches in the NBA. What he did with CJ McCollum and Portland this season was incredible. Previous two years he took what should have been mid 40 game winners and got them to 50+ wins. Then this year's team should have been a 30 something game winner and he got them to 44 and into the playoffs.

I think he is in the same top tier of coaches as Kerr, Stevens, Budenholzer, Carlisle, Thibs, Joerger, and Van Gundy.

Portland is a good franchise. Their GM is one of the best drafters in the league and their home support is terrific. They should be much more of a free agency destination than they actually are, but Oregon's state taxes are killer and it is so far flung that the team is pretty anonymous.

It's weird, but for such a polarizing player during his career, I don't think Kobe is going to be nearly as polarizing in retirement. I think he's going to be near universally respected. He's got the rings. He's got the attitude--passionate, ultra competitive, with an almost mythic persona. Left every bit of what he had on the curt. He commands respect. Plus he's smart and well spoken and is poised to become an ambassador for the league like Bill Russell.

Some great players who were polarizing during their careers, stay polarizing after retirement. Like Iverson and Wilt. I don't think it'll be that way for Kobe.

I don't know about him being an ambassador for the league like Russell.  I could see him doing something over in Europe as far as ownership.  Honestly, I'm more interested in what his plans are post-retirement...