Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Can’t believe Jalen Brunson and Austin Reaves didn’t dominate the rest of the world.

we needed curry to average 50 ppg like he does in the NBA and Draymond to "wear down" opposing players with his "defense"...

that said Anthony Edwards had a stretch whre he cut a Germany 10 pt lead to 1. Kind of wore out late and missed shots that could have given US the lead but still impressed.

Dammit!!! First of all I recorded the game planning to watch it, but then of course I open the ESPN app as soon as I wake up.

USA should never lose, plain and simple. I respect all the other countries and there is certainly tons of talent out there. But our B or C team or whatever you want to call it should win. Really really sucks, I am not happy with this result at all.

People didn't pay 200 dollars to watch backups because the coach was too scared to play talent. now guys like Zion and Ben Simmons will actually have to play. 

remember when Zion was fully healthy last season but didn't play in the playoff game 😂

"Teams must refrain from any long-term shutdown -- or near shutdown -- when a star player stops participating in games or plays in a materially reduced role in circumstances affecting the integrity of the game." 

remember when Dallas was out of the playoffs and just started bench warmers the last 2 weeks. **** that. this issue was one of the major issues affecting an already flawed nba. 

40 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Just have your star players come in for a couple possessions...

Yeah, if it’s not spelled out, then teams will game it. If they want this rule to have teeth, they should make them play like 85% of their average minutes. I don’t like the requirement. I get it. But the team’s goal is to get their players healthy through late June.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how much better the Bucks just got.  Certainly from a star power perspective they did but I don't know if Lillard for Jrue and Grayson Allen is a net positive for them.  Jrue meant a lot to them.

NBA always has the best offseason out of all the sports, hands down.  Phoenix trading Ayton is a bit of a headscratcher.  

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know how much better the Bucks just got.  Certainly from a star power perspective they did but I don't know if Lillard for Jrue and Grayson Allen is a net positive for them.  Jrue meant a lot to them.

NBA always has the best offseason out of all the sports, hands down.  Phoenix trading Ayton is a bit of a headscratcher.  

Giannis and Dame are easily Top 5 at their respective positions (that may even be underselling), and seeing as a lot of successful teams today are now building around either a dominant big or dominant pg, I'd say having both definitely makes them better then they were.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Giannis and Dame are easily Top 5 at their respective positions (that may even be underselling), and seeing as a lot of successful teams today are now building around either a dominant big or dominant pg, I'd say having both definitely makes them better then they were.

Both these guys (Giannis, Dame) need to score.  Jrue didn't.

Jrue was a better defender, Dame is certainly a more dynamic scorer.  IMO, the Bucks just traded defense for offense.  Like I said, it'll be interesting to see how Dame fits into a team where he's not the man.