Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lowry has to play 40 minutes.  To go out in these games with one of your best scores not getting the max minutes he can play when you're not scoring even 100 points is ridiculous.

And Bam has to stop with the 4-10 foot jump shot.  They're giving him that for a reason.  Take a dribble, make a move, and get to the rim or make the defense help and kick it out.

Edited by PeterMP

Denver’s defense isn’t getting enough credit.  They didn’t defend the three very much and were entirely lost on defense in games 1 and 2.  Especially that second one.  They’ve done a pretty good job of contesting threes in games 3 and 4. I have no stats to back this up, it’s just my impression watching the games.

13 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

that being said I like my teams chances next year.

what are they going to do to improve? 

13 hours ago, Destino said:

Ok games over, time for more off the court madness.  Ladies and gentlemen, Paul Pierce.

Garnet spent that whole livestream wishing Paul Pierce would **** himself again so he would go off camera. KG played more defense in that clip than he did in the entire 08 playoffs 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what are they going to do to improve? 

Garnet spent that whole livestream wishing Paul Pierce would **** himself again so he would go off camera. KG played more defense in that clip than he did in the entire 08 playoffs 

Trade Poole. I expect Kuminga  and Moody to take another step. 

Sign better depth. 

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Denver’s defense isn’t getting enough credit.  They didn’t defend the three very much and were entirely lost on defense in games 1 and 2.  Especially that second one.  They’ve done a pretty good job of contesting threes in games 3 and 4. I have no stats to back this up, it’s just my impression watching the games.

Denver's defense is very good.  I didn't realize until this year how good of a defender Aaron Gordon is until the playoffs this year.  Jokic is not just tall but big and does a good job of using his size to make getting to the rim hard.  Everybody else is athletic and tries.

But I think Miami have been doing them a favor.  Everybody talks about what a good coach Spo is, but I have not been impresses this series (and really last).  How many times a game does Denver come down and run that pick/flip back pass between Jokic and Murray?

Miami should be running a pick to get Murray switched onto Butler and turn that into a Butler back down at least as many times.  That's been their most consistent offense, but they only do it a handful of times a day.  (And it has the added benefit of making Murray work on defense).  They talked about last game how Denver is just switching that every time.  If they are going to regularly switch a smaller defender onto Butler, you have to consistently make them pay.  Miami hasn't.

In the NBA good teams find something that works and the do it consistently until the other team adjust.  Miami appears to have something that works (Butler getting switched onto Murray and then backing him down), but they don't do it with any consistency.

And I think their big adjustment (blitzing Murray after the pick) is a mistake.  They've either left Jokic open or they've rotated somebody to him but after he's made the catch.  They end up leaving Jokic one-on-one with an open man (whoever they've rotated away from) without a rim protector at the rim.  Giving one of the best passers in the game a one-on-one with an open man to pass to and nobody that is legitimate rim protector to defend the rim is a mistake IMO.  Murray hasn't shown the ability to consistent hit the 3 behind Jokic's pick.  I'd have his man go under the screen and see what Murray can do off that.  And if he wants to take that mid range pull up jumper all game, I'd let him.

Edited by PeterMP

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Some awful officiating. Miami getting away with a lot and Nuggets on the receiving end of some iffy calls. 

Yeah, I agree. Denver just needs to play through it. Up 3-1, I wouldn’t worry about the fouls. I’d keep the rotation and if they foul out, they foul out. Still have two more chances to wrap it up. I’d rather have that approach than sit Gordon, Jokic, and Murray for long stretches in the 2nd and 3rd and losing a grip on the game. That said, Miami hasn’t been able to take that big of an advantage.

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

When Murray is on he’s amazing, but he has a lot of stretches where he’s mostly invisible.  He’s having one in the first half tonight.  

Bruce Brown is offended you didn’t call out his awful half. 

Not sure the Nuggets can play worse basketball and they are down only 7 at half. 

Nuggets are very frustrated by their own inability to hit open shots and the refs allowing Miami to play physically but calling Denver for clean defensive plays.  They look flustered and uncertain.

MPJ has done a good job of finding a way to score without being able to shoot from range today. The rest of his team needs to do it too because they’re collectively shooting 7% from three. 

I bet if you had a camera on Lowry on every rebound you’d spot 10 more fouls a game.  

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

at some point you gotta tell Porter Jr to take everything to the rim and no jump shots.

He’s got 16 points and 12 boards.  He’s definitely got the yips, but unlike Ben Simmons he’s responded to his worst game by hustling his ass off.  Not ideal, but I bet nuggets fans are happy to see him fighting.

• Haha 1

I kinda hope this is the last game cause this is some ugly basketball. Time for a big Wiz off-season. 

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

I bet if you had a camera on Lowry on every rebound you’d spot 10 more fouls a game.  

He’s got 16 points and 12 boards.  He’s definitely got the yips, but unlike Ben Simmons he’s responded to his worst game by hustling his ass off.  Not ideal, but I bet nuggets fans are happy to see him fighting.

love that he hit that three. He’s played excellent this game despite that poor outside shooting. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes to Gordon out here blockin Kyle's shot like an Avenger...win ugly then...

Looked like he blocked it with his elbow when I saw it live.  AG has turned into a spectacular defender in these playoffs, and this series might be his easiest assignment.  He had Lebron and KD before that.  

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

if Denver loses, they only have themselves to blame. Can’t miss that many FTs. 

I don’t know if this is great defense or terrible offense. 

I didn’t know it was possible for white American guards to be bad free throw shooters.  Braun is breaking barriers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1