Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You are dead to me

What is dead may never die

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

That Garden is not even close to being the Garden of old. 

Seriously, not even close. 

For example : RFK ten times more difficult to win at than FedEx. 

It will be next year. This entire season and playoffs will prove invaluable for their young guys. They're gonna be a pain in the ass.

58 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

That Garden is not even close to being the Garden of old. 

Seriously, not even close. 

For example : RFK ten times more difficult to win at than FedEx. 

No it’s not what it was but it’s still a great crowd that’s smart, loud and energetic and a hard place to play for road teams in the playoffs 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No it’s not what it was but it’s still a great crowd that’s smart, loud and energetic and a hard place to play for road teams in the playoffs 

Agreed, Wizards found that out the hard way last year.  We couldn't win in Boston in the postseason to save our lives, and we died because of it.  LeBron is the only one to win in the Boston in the playoffs in at least the last two years.

@PeterMP is right though that we may need to reconsider (if we haven't already) how much talent Boston actually has left even without Kyrie and Heyward.  At some point we need to ask if some of these young players are overachieving or actually just good and in a great system to maximize their current skillset.  Raptors series was the epitome of how NOT to play LeBron James, I would expect a different approach from Stevens, even if it doesn't work.

Boston in 7.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

is right though that we may need to reconsider (if we haven't already) how much talent Boston actually has left even without Kyrie and Heyward.  At some point we need to ask if some of these young players are overachieving or actually just good and in a great system to maximize their current skillset. 

They're good. Tatum, Brown and Smart were high lottery talents. Rozier seems to have developed very nicely and started putting things together after what 3 seasons i think? The crazy thing is that these guys might not have developed at nearly this pace without the injuries to Heyward and Kyrie which pushed them into larger roles and minutes. They are gaining invaluable reps right now that Boston is going to take advantage of next season with their full roster. Now it's not Kyrie, Heyward. Horford and a bunch of question marks. Its, Kyrie, Heyward, Horford and a pretty damn awesome complimentary bunch of young talent around them. Tatum has the chance to be great too. 

**** Boston

• Haha 1

I don't think Boston is as set as people think, especially with respect to Irving.  Irving is a different animal, and I don't think what they are doing now works well with him. He's a ball stopper.  Also, you are going to end up taking minutes/touches from people and most people play better the more they play and the more they touch the ball.

The other issue you have with Irving, he's now had 3 knee surgeries on his left knee.  I know he's not torn anything there or having them cleaned out, but that has to be a concern.

(Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics solution to this is to move Kyrie this off season and despite his issues, if they got something valuable for him.

(Anybody know about his contract and trade clauses, etc.))

If they try and run with what they have next year, I wouldn't be surprised if some of their younger guys (appear) to take a step back.

I will say, I wouldn't be shocked if the Sixers win tonight.  They've played them close, and you can argue the Sixers as a team have yet to have a good game.

Was worried about them just not matching the Celtics intensity at the start and falling behind, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.  (Watch Celtics will go on a 20-2 run now).

46 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’d be down with a Boston/GS series. I could make some loot taking the Celts to cover every game.:cheers:

they going to cover 20 points?

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Brad Stephens Celtics have played The Warriors toigher than just about anyone the last few years. Would be a great finals 

Yay and the Toronots were teh #1 seed

Regular season please

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I don't think Boston is as set as people think, especially with respect to Irving.  Irving is a different animal, and I don't think what they are doing now works well with him. He's a ball stopper.  Also, you are going to end up taking minutes/touches from people and most people play better the more they play and the more they touch the ball.

The other issue you have with Irving, he's now had 3 knee surgeries on his left knee.  I know he's not torn anything there or having them cleaned out, but that has to be a concern.

(Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics solution to this is to move Kyrie this off season and despite his issues, if they got something valuable for him.

(Anybody know about his contract and trade clauses, etc.))

If they try and run with what they have next year, I wouldn't be surprised if some of their younger guys (appear) to take a step back.

Boston is maximizing what they have, but at some point, they are going to need some kind of elite talent to help counter LeBron and the Warriors.  If anyone can figure out how to fit Kyrie into their offense without losing their identity, Stevens can.  Scary Terry as my 6th man?  MF'n yes, please.

Image result for raising hand excited gif

You right though, we have no idea if Kyrie will be able to hold up.  But he's 26, so by the time his last two years are up, Boston will know if its worth giving him an extension or not.  Considering how cold-blooded Ainge was toward his last championship core when he knew they were done, I trust him not to do something stupid in that regard (sorry, @stevemcqueen1, but I'm a believer now)