Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

What about the rest of the game? We know Wall isn't as clutch as Kyrie... We also know if you swapped the two the Wizards are a freaking lottery team.

I disagree with that completely.

Also Kyrie had a better defensive rating than Wall this year. (and tbh, I hate defensive rating stat but some people used it for their personal agendas)

All the close loses the Wizards had this season because of players being shook, and you get Kyrie instead I think the Wizards are a better team.

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Again, only if you ignore the other 90% of the game.

The most important thing in basketball is scoring points. Its that simple. You can pretend it isnt, but we watch the game.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Your point makes no sense, it's actually EASIER now to pack the paint than it was early in Kobe's career because they relaxed the illegal defense rules and teams can play zones now. 

Fair, but of course Kobe averaged 35 a game in the zone era.

Also, you could have big lugs taking up space back then. You can't now.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I disagree with that completely.

Also Kyrie had a better defensive rating than Wall this year. (and tbh, I hate defensive rating stat but some people used it for their personal agendas)

All the close loses the Wizards had this season because of players being shook, and you get Kyrie instead I think the Wizards are a better team.

The most important thing in basketball is scoring points. Its that simple. You can pretend it isnt, but we watch the game.

I just don't know y'all... Kyrie has a lot of help around him for the last couple of years. I just don't think he's able to carry a team like Wall can. On top of that, you think Wall has been injured a lot, Kyrie has been seriously injured a lot, going all the way back to Duke. You say scoring points are in important, availability is even more important.

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This was a lost season for Wall.  No one in their right minds would think Kyrie is a better defensive player than Wall.

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

LOL, so then by your standard Carmelo Anthony and Pete Maravich must have been way better than Bill Russell.  I watch a lot of games too.

Stopping someone from scoring has the same net effect as scoring.  And John Wall scoring 20 points and assisting on 10 buckets = more points than Kyrie Irving scoring 24 and assisting on 5.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I just don't know y'all... Kyrie has a lot of help around him for the last couple of years. I just don't think he's able to carry a team like Wall can. On top of that, you think Wall has been injured a lot, Kyrie has been seriously injured a lot, going all the way back to Duke. You say scoring points are in important, availability is even more important.

They have both been very injured. Both have bad knees.

But because Kyrie's game is more floor bound, he won't age as bad as Wall.

Also where has Wall carried the Wizards? To the 2nd round of the playoffs? Cool. Kyrie hit the game winning shot in the 7th game of an NBA finals, and was trusted to do that by LeBron James.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This was a lost season for Wall.  No one in their right minds would think Kyrie is a better defensive player than Wall.

Oh okay, it was a lost season for Wall. Great.

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Stopping someone from scoring has the same net effect as scoring.  And John Wall scoring 20 points and assisting on 10 buckets = more points than Kyrie Irving scoring 24 and assisting on 5.

It does, but Wall doesn't do that either unless someone talks trash to him.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Conference Finals don't start until Sunday. That seems unnecessarily long. WCF should start Friday and ECF Saturday. Oh wells, its just gunna be Cavs/Warriors again anyway.

I think they should start on Saturday but they have to get these series to Memorial Day, lol.

edit: wow, just looked at the full schedule, I used to love the memorial day games. Is the NBA season ending earlier?

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Also where has Wall carried the Wizards? To the 2nd round of the playoffs? Cool. Kyrie hit the game winning shot in the 7th game of an NBA finals, and was trusted to do that by LeBron James.

Bruh, you're a Wizards fan. You know Wall carries the team. Yes, it is only to the second round, but look at the teams he's going against and the talent he had around him...

Repeating myself here, but Kyrie has gotten to enjoy the last four seasons with arguably two of the greatest basketball minds ever. You can't ignore that.

And honestly, this debate is kind of as pointless as Lebron vs Jordan. It really doesn't matter, they're both good.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Conference Finals don't start until Sunday. That seems unnecessarily long. WCF should start Friday and ECF Saturday. Oh wells, its just gunna be Cavs/Warriors again anyway.

I thought it didn't start until Monday. So I'm happy. lol

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Image result for timeout gif

What did Kyrie do without LeBron?  Lets not get carried away here, Benning, you've made your point, bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

People really underrating Kobe in here. He was an incredible scorer and great defender. And he carried some absolutely god awful Laker teams to the playoffs when the West was insanely loaded. Its sacriledge to say Giannis is better than him at this point. The only guys in the league right now that compares to prime Kobe is Lebron, MAYBE Durant.

This is where things get crazy.  Durant is clearly the better player.  There isn't anything that Kobe did that Durant doesn't do better.

Curry is probably a better player.  Kobe was a better defender, but Curry isn't a bad defender and Curry is a much better shooter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

This is where things get crazy.  Durant is clearly the better player.  There isn't anything that Kobe did that Durant doesn't do better.

Curry is probably a better player.  Kobe was a better defender, but Curry isn't a bad defender and Curry is a much better shooter.

I agree with that completely.

I think Durant and Curry will end up being seen as better than Kobe. Just need some more years and titles.

I think Curry is the best guard in the NBA since Mike.

• Like 1

I think all of you think all black men with beards are 44 years old.

For the 28th time, Kyrie is 26 years old.

All those many (3) years without Lebron when he was allegedly terrible he was a 20 and 21 year old guy on a truly awful team. Do you guys think Wall would have made a playoff run with Anthony Bennet as his wing man?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

All those many (3) years without Lebron when he was allegedly terrible he was a 20 and 21 year old guy on a truly awful team. Do you guys think Wall would have made a playoff run with Anthony Bennet as his wing man?

Has anyone in here brought up those two seasons without LeBron? I'm just talking about what's going on the last four seasons. For both he and Wall, those first two years aren't relevant right now. They're both much better players.

19 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Durant wasn't a stand out defender until fairly recently and he's more disruptive than he is a lock down defender.  Curry isn't even close to Kobe on defense.  Kobe's offense was inefficient and is over rated, but he was a fantastic defender early in his career and whenever he chose to spend the energy late in his career.  

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think all of you think all black men with beards are 44 years old.

For the 28th time, Kyrie is 26 years old.

I don't think he sucked.  He was an all-star his second season and his team still went nowhere, now the team he was on last year and this year are meeting in ECF without him. 

It is a weird question about who's better because I believe Kyrie is better, but Wall makes the team better.  Just scoring isn't enough and I never understood the point of a score first PG.  No, I don't think Wall could've saved that 12-13 team Kyrie was on.  We've seen guys try to do it themselves from a scoring standpoint and it fail before, but right now, ya, I'd still take Kyrie right now.

If I can see playoff Wall during the regular season more consistently, I'm inclined to change my vote, but need to see that first.  Our playoff homefield advantage is very real, but we underachieve in the regular season so much we rarely get homecourt advantage, and that comes from the team underachieving, and Wall fits into that sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Everyone on this thread seems mad at the Celtics 

Not me, but that's probably because I respect Stevens so much that I want to see him be successful (long as its not at our expense).

15 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Everyone on this thread seems mad at the Celtics for having too many good players but not the right good players for having good players who are gooder than other good players.

Following this thread all year has completely convinced me that Ainge is a moron and should have rolled out Thomas and Fultz.

How did you come to that conclusion? I think the Celtics are good and they don't really need to get rid of anybody. Plus, I'm convinced that Stevens is the next great coach and he'll make my life (Wizard fan) a living hell for the next twenty seasons. :(

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If I can see playoff Wall during the regular season more consistently, I'm inclined to change my vote, but need to see that first.

Why would you need to see how Wall plays during the regular season when he's shown he can get it done in the playoffs. You don't think that's backwards?

8 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Why would you need to see how Wall plays during the regular season when he's shown he can get it done in the playoffs. You don't think that's backwards?

No because of exactly what I said.  If he played in the regular season  like he did in the postseason (Or at least closer to it), we'd have higher seeds and more home games. 

When's the last time we had a game 7 at home? Hint: Before I was born.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1